watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Messi release clause

Started by gezkc, August 30, 2020, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkc

It seems Messi's expectation of being able to leave Barcelona on a free transfer was a little optimistic on his part. La Liga are saying his release clause will have to be met by any team looking to sign him.

I can't see even Man City spending £624m on him! Looks like he'll be staying at Barca!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53967083

SP

Ouch.  Someone had suggested this was all about squeezing a few more £s out of the club.

wheelerdeeler

The most recent reports are saying that with the way the contract's written if the Release Clause being 700m Euros is still valid then his option to leave on a Free is still valid as well. Obviously haven't seen the contract, but it's going to get... messy. So the La Liga President coming out and saying that has done more harm than good.

I've thought all along it's Messi trying to get rid of their President Bartomeu though. Could be proven wrong, but if I was betting I'd bet on Messi still being at Barca come October.

Woolly Mammoth

Dam that will probably be too much money for Fulham FC to consider.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

I highly doubt La Liga will have the final say in the matter.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

gezkc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 30, 2020, 07:41:21 PM
Dam that will probably be too much money for Fulham FC to consider.

That's what I was thinking too.  :012:

Nero

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 30, 2020, 07:38:05 PM
The most recent reports are saying that with the way the contract's written if the Release Clause being 700m Euros is still valid then his option to leave on a Free is still valid as well. Obviously haven't seen the contract, but it's going to get... messy. So the La Liga President coming out and saying that has done more harm than good.

I've thought all along it's Messi trying to get rid of their President Bartomeu though. Could be proven wrong, but if I was betting I'd bet on Messi still being at Barca come October.

But the la Liga president wont wont Messi leaving La Liga who Marketing reason of having the worlds best player playing in hos league

KilianG

Quote from: BarryP on August 30, 2020, 07:46:59 PM
I highly doubt La Liga will have the final say in the matter.

It will end up in an ordinary court, but LFP seems to see it really clear so probably a court will see the same

Statto

Quote from: Nero on August 30, 2020, 08:48:25 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 30, 2020, 07:38:05 PM

But the la Liga president wont wont Messi leaving La Liga who Marketing reason of having the worlds best player playing in hos league

Yep exactly. And of course the whole Spanish football system essentially exists to serve Barcelona.

Woolly Mammoth

The Banks own Barcelona lock stock and barrel.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Moltobueno

Rakitic to Sevilla

Vidal requesting a transfer

Barcelona is like a sinking ship

Jeroen

If I was Messi I would sit in the stands like bale with my £1m a week and leave for free next season

bahay18

In the current Covid environment i would find it pretty grotesque if someone paid the release clauses they are talking about .

fulhamben

Quote from: Jeroen on September 01, 2020, 04:09:04 AM
If I was Messi I would sit in the stands like bale with my £1m a week and leave for free next season
barca would ask him to play though, and would get fined if he refused.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham Joe

He's 33 years old, worth 33 million max.