watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri spotted in london

Started by General, August 31, 2020, 12:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

With Lamina in the hotel or place it seems lamina may have signed his contract. Posted on laminas instagram stories.

They seem to be friends.

Wondering actually if we may keep anguissa and seri.

Seri obviously underdelivered for us, but if supported by two of Reed, Lamina and zambo could he be given a better platform to showcase his creative attacking abilities that we've seen snippets of .

General

Also noticed on leminas instagram post that Harrison reed has commented on it saying "tonic".. if they know each other/are friends they could strike up quite a partnership the three of them.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: General on August 31, 2020, 12:57:11 AM
Also noticed on leminas instagram post that Harrison reed has commented on it saying "tonic".. if they know each other/are friends they could strike up quite a partnership the three of them.

Or, perhaps, it was time was a celebratory Gin and Tonic 🥳🥳
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

Quote from: OhConnah on August 31, 2020, 01:38:28 AM

Or, perhaps, it was time was a celebratory Gin and Tonic 🥳🥳

Hopefully a farewell gin and tonic

rebel

They both played at southampton, both midfielders, both loaned out, that's coincidence not.

The Rational Fan

Lemina has played (at least at training) with Anguissa at Marseille, Reed at Southampton, and Seri at Galatasaray. I think that makes teamwork much better..

At CB, it shouldn't be hard to find someone that has played with Hector at Chelsea or on Loan, especially at Chelsea now have seven center-backs in their squad.

MrFFC

We have enough CM players we don't need Seri I'm sure he will be rightfully moved on
Come on you Whites!! :)

bog

If someone didn't like Lamina would he be Laminated? :022:

092.gif

FFC1987

Depends on how big the clear out is. Seri underwhelmed last time round but he might still have a point to prove. That's some quality we have in our squad now though so no room for complacency which is great. With little in terms of expenditure to date, you'd like to think we still have some spending, particularly at the back to do before the window shuts.

Nero

Was Seri really that bad, think people think he was a lot worse then he was.

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on August 31, 2020, 08:46:17 AM

I think 'underwhelming' is fair. The hype on him was huge and he looked off the pace and cost us some goals through cheaply losing the ball but he wasn't dreadful.

Simply91

Mixed feelings about Seri - personally think Cairney is a better player but Seri could
Prove good back up if Tom gets injured

MrFFC

Seri is a good player but hasn't worked out we now have

Tom Cairney
Josh Onomah
Harrison Reed
Mario Lemina
Zambo Anguissa
Stefan Johansen
Kevin McDonald

Johansen & McDonald will likely be moved on along with Seri but we also have Bobby Reid who has played central & there are links with Florentino Luis so I'm not sure why we would consider keeping Seri we can only play 3 at a time
Come on you Whites!! :)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 31, 2020, 08:48:04 AM

I think 'underwhelming' is fair. The hype on him was huge and he looked off the pace and cost us some goals through cheaply losing the ball but he wasn't dreadful.

FFC Performance in PL 18/19:
  •     with Seri starting: 20 points in 24 games.
  •     without Seri starting: 6 points in 14 games.

We only feel 4 points short of "a point per game" with Seri in the starting XI.

toshes mate

IIRC Seri's signing was, by public account, a 'rash' decision by TK whilst negotiating FFC's interest in MLM, which likely led to an unsatisfactory taste in Jean Michael's mouth.  Add that to the instability already present at Motspur Park with a pressurised head coach unconvinced (with good reason) that his DoF knew what he was doing it isn't exactly a recipe for success.  We know the wretched outcome of that well enough.

Has enough water passed under the bridge for some kind of redemption of Seri with Parker at the helm, and would Seri fit in with the latest regime without destabilising team morale and spirit?  Kamara was also a victim of that wretched period in FFC's history and he has more than proven the potential he has if he is given a chance at PL level.

I feel it is tough to judge anyone who played in 2018/19 because it was a badly handled season best forgotten, and I do believe the villain of the piece is still doing his stuff as our DoF.  Perhaps a wise decision about Seri is what both need to demonstrate just how much they have learned over the year just passed.   Seri has potential but can he deliver it in the PL?   

Statto

Quote from: toshes mate on August 31, 2020, 09:44:08 AM
IIRC Seri's signing was, by public account, a 'rash' decision by TK whilst negotiating FFC's interest in MLM, which likely led to an unsatisfactory taste in Jean Michael's mouth. 

Everything I've read said the opposite: MLM was the makeweight on a deal for Seri. Not the other way around.

But of course there are separate stories about the fee allocation by Nice, in which Fulham may have been complicit, which could account for the deal leaving an "unsatisfactory taste" with Seri because apparently it determined his bonus.

gezkc

I remember him being quite impressive initially (first 7 games or so). It was only after the Man City game that his form significantly dipped. I'm not sure what prompted the change, but the whole team struggled. Hopefully this season, things will be better both on and off the pitch.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on August 31, 2020, 09:52:19 AM
IIRC Seri's signing was, by public account, a 'rash' decision by TK whilst negotiating FFC's interest in MLM, which likely led to an unsatisfactory taste in Jean Michael's mouth. 

Everything I've read said the opposite: MLM was the makeweight on a deal for Seri. Not the other way around.

But of course there are separate stories about the fee allocation by Nice, in which Fulham may have been complicit, which could account for the deal leaving an "unsatisfactory taste" with Seri because apparently it determined his bonus.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham came in to try and get MLM first and found out that Seri was available. Nice probably saw an opportunity to work around the transfer clause on Seri and decided to cash in.

filham

Quote from: MrFFC on August 31, 2020, 09:11:44 AM
Seri is a good player but hasn't worked out we now have

Tom Cairney
Josh Onomah
Harrison Reed
Mario Lemina
Zambo Anguissa
Stefan Johansen
Kevin McDonald

Johansen & McDonald will likely be moved on along with Seri but we also have Bobby Reid who has played central & there are links with Florentino Luis so I'm not sure why we would consider keeping Seri we can only play 3 at a time
I thought the ideal was two players for each position, so move K.Mac on and there we are.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on August 31, 2020, 09:52:19 AM

It is categorically as I put it, which was the reason why Seri was dissatisfied with Nice's pricing.  Even Seri's agent confirmed.  It is all on the old threads.