watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like a signing is going to be announced tonight

Started by General, September 08, 2020, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

We got some key business completed in time for the new signings to integrate into the squad for the start of the season. SP said there would not be many changes and added later in an interview that a lot of mistakes had been made in the recent past regarding transfers. Let's think about it for a moment ...... anybody coming in this week is not going to play on Saturday.

rebel

The only thing that happened last night was the howling of 'werewolves' and a 'full moon'.

Woolly Mammoth

I use to be a werewolf but ime alright noooooowwwwww
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: Classic94 on September 08, 2020, 10:02:54 PM
Quote from: General on September 08, 2020, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 08, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Has started to make me doubt whether there is actually any truth in any of the rumours.

I think Tony Khan has f****d us again sadly.. made a statement of not wanting to make the same mistakes, learning from past lessons, but taken no note of the context or general need or price of the market. Clearly with clubs finances under more duress, people are forking out more for the players they think will keep them in the more lucrative premiership. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Very disappointing that we've once again left things this late. It's genuinely staggering that we're yet to sign a LCB. Staggering.

You can't sign anyone if the selling club won't get a deal done the window is open until October and everyone wants the best price possible so be patient I'd rather get the right players and not just anyone for the sake of it🙄

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 09, 2020, 08:01:20 AM

Good to know, I wonder what a choir of 'Werewolves' sounds like.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on September 08, 2020, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 08, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Has started to make me doubt whether there is actually any truth in any of the rumours.

I think Tony Khan has f****d us again sadly.. made a statement of not wanting to make the same mistakes, learning from past lessons, but taken no note of the context or general need or price of the market. Clearly with clubs finances under more duress, people are forking out more for the players they think will keep them in the more lucrative premiership. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

I get you're disappointed we didn't announce any players last night but this is a massive overreaction. You can't bash the club based on conjecture - they could've been trying to sign centre halves for the last 5 weeks but none of the targets want to join. If rumours are to be believed that we wanted Tomori and he's picked Everton then that's fair enough, most players would make that choice, and Hinteregger doesn't want to leave Frankfurt either even though we bid €20m so it's not for a lack of trying. If we have no clear upgrade in October then there's no defending the club, but the market is tricky this summer and we've been trying for domestic experience according to journo's, which when you see James Tarkowski being valued at £50m by Burnley shows we're absolutely stuffed if that's the route we try and go down.

Statto

Quote from: KJS on September 09, 2020, 08:13:41 AM
the window is open until October and everyone wants the best price possible

Not really.
I'd rather we signed a good CB this week for £20m than waited until October to get the player for £18m.

SuffolkWhite

As much as we all want players in, if they don't want to come to little ol Fulham then there's bugger all we can do about it. I don't want the Club buying Ollie Watkins for 30m plus or a CB for 50M plus. Just be happy we have money and still time to sign players.

Of course once we have signed players we can then moan they were the wrong one's, but lets sign them first.

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ByTheRiver

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 09, 2020, 08:50:28 AM
As much as we all want players in, if they don't want to come to little ol Fulham then there's bugger all we can do about it. I don't want the Club buying Ollie Watkins for 30m plus or a CB for 50M plus. Just be happy we have money and still time to sign players.

Of course once we have signed players we can then moan they were the wrong one's, but lets sign them first.

049:gif

Whilst I see your point, if the alternative is not signing a CB yet, losing the first two games (Arsenal and Leeds) heavily and narrowly losing against Villa (so two 'six pointer games' lost), giving three defeats from three and the resulting affect on morale after 18/19 meaning we are as good as down (or with a real fight to turn it around) before the season has even begun properly, then a little bit extra overpaid on much needed players in key positions is probably money well spent in the grand scheme of things.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 09, 2020, 08:36:00 AM

Not really.
I'd rather we signed a good CB this week for £20m than waited until October to get the player for £18m.

Although, on the flip side, we could buy someone now who is our back up choice for a slightly inflated price at say 20m, but better players become available and clubs willing to sell by end of window so we could buy quickly to the detriment of the quality....I get that also means we could lose out but I think its more variable and much more difficult than what we sometimes allude to. For what its worth, I'd rather we paid the 18m now AND the 20m in October if both those players are good enough. The  squad needs it.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: rebel on September 09, 2020, 08:14:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 09, 2020, 08:01:20 AM

Good to know, I wonder what a choir of 'Werewolves' sounds like.

Little Mix on stage when the lips synch backing machine breaks down.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 09, 2020, 09:37:28 AM

Not really.

Although, on the flip side, we could buy someone now who is our back up choice for a slightly inflated price at say 20m, but better players become available and clubs willing to sell by end of window so we could buy quickly to the detriment of the quality....I get that also means we could lose out but I think its more variable and much more difficult than what we sometimes allude to. For what its worth, I'd rather we paid the 18m now AND the 20m in October if both those players are good enough. The  squad needs it.

That makes sense and common sense.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Denzil Dexter

Not really.
Yep. Potentially dropping relegation saving points over a couple of million is madness in our position!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

dgnffc

Perhaps there's a new tactic to not announce any new signings?

Personally it's all gone on a bit too long and If any do get announced I shall be totally underwhelmed!

Mince n Tatties

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 09, 2020, 02:25:32 PM
"Strangers in the night."
Exchanging glances.

I think Mince it could be more a case of "You keep a knocking but you can't come in".
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

Well nobody signed now will get a starting place for the start of the season.  So I agree is all a bit underwhelming now. The players that may be brought in in the coming weeks will be joining a side already scrabbling for points so we are not going to have any great class acts coming in unless they are down on their luck or recovering from injury.

The turn around to the start of this season has been too short and we were always going to be playing catch up. However not sure we could have predicted that so near the first game we would be playing with quite a bare squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

All other clubs have been dealing with covid and a limited window and still are getting business done. I know we're supposedly close to getting some done and have bought in three players but currently we're weaker in defence in particular than when we started.