watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott speaks

Started by Southcoastffc, September 12, 2020, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

"The big lesson today is to understand the fine margins in this division mean you can get punished," he told BBC Match of the Day.

"When you are a team like us that has come from the Championship you can't let defeat after defeat really cripple you. We are going to lose more than we win but as a team you have to keep learning and developing.

"It has been a quick turnaround for us. We have brought players in that will improve us and hopefully there will be more. We need to get them up to speed quickly."

Oh for Pete's sake Scott - even if we know that, saying negative things does not help engender a fighting spirit and competitive approach!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Caedal

That's a really poor thing to say. He should focus on telling his defenders to stop overplaying and the attackers to actually do something going forward

FFCFOREVER

At least he's a realist. Not that I like it though.

fulhamben

"We have bought players that will improve us and hopefully there will be more" Good all this crap about not upsetting last seasons squad would have got us relegated. If mitro is the only surviving player in our starting 11 from last season, then so be it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Southcoastffc

I know it's tough when someone sticks a mike under your nose soon after a game but perhaps some specific media training would help.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

absenteeism

For such a tenacious midfielder, he coaches his team to be very limp and milksop style

FFC1987

He's right though isn't he? If he turns around and says 'we'll win more games than we lose so 3 nil to Arsenal is fine' people would say hes delusional (as would I).

Sting of the North

People really love to complain about everything I see. Nothing controversial whatsoever with Parker's comments in my opinion.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 12, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
People really love to complain about everything I see. Nothing controversial whatsoever with Parker's comments in my opinion.

Yep. Really can't understand it to be honest.

FFCFOREVER

True. He is speaking the truth and as tough as it is to hear he has to be honest. At least he aint blinkered and knows the task in hand. Hopefully he will get the backing with the required personnel to sharpen us up a bit all over the pitch. If that happens sooner rather than later then who knows?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 12, 2020, 05:54:18 PM

So you really don't think that his words are at all defeatist? 

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 12, 2020, 05:58:25 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 12, 2020, 05:54:18 PM

So you really don't think that his words are at all defeatist?

No. Its realistic.I don't think the squad will read that and be demotivated. They know its a tough season ahead of them. We're favourites to go down, they can only prove people wrong.

Arthur

I don't see it as an undermining statement. I see it his telling the players it's important they maintain belief and don't lose heart in the battle ahead of them.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Arthur on September 12, 2020, 06:01:45 PM
I don't see it as an undermining statement. I see it his telling the players it's important they maintain belief and don't lose heart in the battle ahead of them.

Exactly this.

FFC1987

Quote from: Arthur on September 12, 2020, 06:01:45 PM

Yep, well said.

toshes mate

Well I can be Parker's greatest critic at times but I cannot see anything wrong with what he has said on the back of a largely self inflicted defeat.  I watched his face after the third goal and he looked like he had been slapped around the face.  That was not what he ordered and he most certainly will let his players know that.  Let's wait and see what transpires over the next week or so.

Robbie

We pretty much never got anything much from the top six. Relax.

Finnans Right Peg

What do people want him say .We will be in the hunt for champions league spot .He said it has it is and in my view he is telling us to keep are head up and keep goin .No mattet what he said people would be giving out

grandad

Some on here complain & moan just for the sake of it. They were at it all last season & this window. SP said it how it is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitestone

It was an honest assessment. It must be frustrating as much for him as the fans watching the team concede the first two soft goals.