watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott speaks

Started by Southcoastffc, September 12, 2020, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Media training - Simple really.   "We are going to lose more than we win but as a team you have to keep learning and developing. "
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

Fans who criticise the Coach for saying what he did must find life very hard. It isn't defeatist just a fact of life. If we stay up that will be like a promotion. Then we build from there. But survival is the one and only success we can aim for. We will lose more than we win.

If fans want to have a coach that lies or really believes that realism isn't a good thing and we should always pretend that things will be great every day and unicorns and stardust frolic in the meadows of happy land. Then they are welcome to that World. But looking at the World right now a bit of realism would have helped us not be as far down the road of Shitstorm as we are.

Go on Parker keep being honest and let's hope you can keep us up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ByTheRiver

I thought he spoke well and spoke the truth. We will lose more games than we win this year, everyone from the middle down does, so it's important to manage expectations with a). The fans but more importantly b). The players so they don't beat themselves up too much (we'll take a bigger hammering than that this season, I'm sure).

I also like that he referenced bringing more in. Putting some pressure on TK. Obviously I've no way of knowing for certain but I'd be amazed if Scott wasn't also unhappy about the lack of CB brought in/slow turnaround in a CB being brought in. He will know the current crop are not good enough for this level so, at the moment, he is being set up to fail much like Slavisa was.

Get the CB (and a cheaper backup one), Tony. Quickly.

H4usuallysitting

Don't understand what he's supposed to say... we've just been beaten by a team, that will be pushing for top 4 this season.... I had no doubt we'd lose - didn't even watch it on tv, and me & Mrs H4 went for a long walk out of London and didn't take our phones with us.... anyway, getting back to Mr Parker....these are early day's - let's give the team a couple of month's to gel, before we start to be critical

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 12, 2020, 06:27:48 PM
Fans who criticise the Coach for saying what he did must find life very hard. It isn't defeatist just a fact of life. If we stay up that will be like a promotion. Then we build from there. But survival is the one and only success we can aim for. We will lose more than we win.

If fans want to have a coach that lies or really believes that realism isn't a good thing and we should always pretend that things will be great every day and unicorns and stardust frolic in the meadows of happy land. Then they are welcome to that World. But looking at the World right now a bit of realism would have helped us not be as far down the road of Shitstorm as we are.

+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Like everybody else on here very disappointed to lose today, didn´t expect any other result! Our guys tried hard but totally outclassed as they will be most teams in the PL this season, survival is the best we can hope for, but I fear our best starting 11 (and squad) is the worst in the division by some distance. If we spend another 100m b4 the t/fr market closes still no guarantee that we will stay up, but I hope this time the money will be more carefully invested and provide a return unlike the last time all that money was wasted.

Denzil Dexter

He needs to fire them up or Leeds will spank us as well.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

davew

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 12, 2020, 06:49:22 PM
He needs to fire them up or Leeds will spank us as well.

Our guys played ok but not good enough to play in the PL, as for Leeds beating us, sometimes the inevitable is obvious!

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on September 12, 2020, 05:47:14 PM
"We have bought players that will improve us and hopefully there will be more" Good all this crap about not upsetting last seasons squad would have got us relegated. If mitro is the only surviving player in our starting 11 from last season, then so be it

I sense you're deliberately distorting the Club's change of emphasis. I can quite believe our team come the end of the season will include fewer than half of those played today. But it's not 'crap' that Parker and the Club are not wanting to throw together an entire team in the first few weeks. Our experience last time round strongly suggests it won't improve our chances of survival.

filham

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 12, 2020, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: Arthur on September 12, 2020, 06:01:45 PM
I don't see it as an undermining statement. I see it his telling the players it's important they maintain belief and don't lose heart in the battle ahead of them.

Yep, well said.
Agree.
Scott now has the task of lifting the players after that defeat and it is essential that they are aware that they will be facing many games like that this season and must put them behind them and be ready for the next match.

If we win 10 lose 18 and draw 10 this season to give us 40 points That means losin a lot more than we win.we should all be content.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on September 12, 2020, 06:05:42 PM
Well I can be Parker's greatest critic at times but I cannot see anything wrong with what he has said on the back of a largely self inflicted defeat.  I watched his face after the third goal and he looked like he had been slapped around the face.  That was not what he ordered and he most certainly will let his players know that.  Let's wait and see what transpires over the next week or so.

He was pinching his face so hard after that goal he gave himself a mark.

rebel

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 12, 2020, 05:31:55 PM
"The big lesson today is to understand the fine margins in this division mean you can get punished," he told BBC Match of the Day.

"When you are a team like us that has come from the Championship you can't let defeat after defeat really cripple you. We are going to lose more than we win but as a team you have to keep learning and developing.

"It has been a quick turnaround for us. We have brought players in that will improve us and hopefully there will be more. We need to get them up to speed quickly."

Oh for Pete's sake Scott - even if we know that, saying negative things does not help engender a fighting spirit and competitive approach!

What he is basically saying is that the team will be up for some games and not others, the he will except defeats. I don't think he should be saying that even if he thinks that is the case. Try and put that 'Genie back in the bottle.' It's counter productive, sends mixed messages to the players.

gezkc

If you look at last season's Premier League table, every team from 11th place down (Southampton) lost more than they won, so it's not as though Scott was stating anything other than the obvious.

It might sound defeatist to some, but I'd be very happy with 11th this season!

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on September 12, 2020, 07:53:07 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 12, 2020, 05:31:55 PM
"The big lesson today is to understand the fine margins in this division mean you can get punished," he told BBC Match of the Day.

"When you are a team like us that has come from the Championship you can't let defeat after defeat really cripple you. We are going to lose more than we win but as a team you have to keep learning and developing.

"It has been a quick turnaround for us. We have brought players in that will improve us and hopefully there will be more. We need to get them up to speed quickly."

Oh for Pete's sake Scott - even if we know that, saying negative things does not help engender a fighting spirit and competitive approach!

What he is basically saying is that the team will be up for some games and not others, the he will except defeats. I don't think he should be saying that even if he thinks that is the case. Try and put that 'Genie back in the bottle.' It's counter productive, sends mixed messages to the players.

I am fairly sure that is not at all what he meant, and I'm surprised anyone interpreted it in that way. I'm confident none of the players will have even the tiniest issue with this. But that's just my opinion.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on September 12, 2020, 07:06:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 12, 2020, 05:47:14 PM
"We have bought players that will improve us and hopefully there will be more" Good all this crap about not upsetting last seasons squad would have got us relegated. If mitro is the only surviving player in our starting 11 from last season, then so be it

I sense you're deliberately distorting the Club's change of emphasis. I can quite believe our team come the end of the season will include fewer than half of those played today. But it's not 'crap' that Parker and the Club are not wanting to throw together an entire team in the first few weeks. Our experience last time round strongly suggests it won't improve our chances of survival.
i bet it will, anguisa one of our new right backs, amerola will be involved sooner rather than later. there must be a new cb coming in too. and possibly a new attacker. so thats 5, and if robison looks better than joe, then that will be the 6th
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 12, 2020, 06:27:48 PM

Sadly, many Fulham fans are big babies.

Denzil Dexter

Should have said the 2nd goal was pathetic at any professional football level. Because it was!

Statto

Seems fine to me. Sitting there and saying we are going to try to win the league would make everyone look rather stupid, and morale would be seriously damaged when it becomes obvious over the coming weeks that's impossible. The players know our goal is 40pts, which would involve something like 10 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 12, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
People really love to complain about everything I see. Nothing controversial whatsoever with Parker's comments in my opinion.

:plus one:
082.gif

imo it's not productive to try and analyze a coaches conversations to the media.   Especially after the 1st game.

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 12, 2020, 05:58:25 PMSo you really don't think that his words are at all defeatist?

Nope.  He was setting a realistic expectation.    In no way does that imply to me that he's not going to try and keep us up even if we lose more than we win.   We just need to win more points than 3 other teams.   Imo that is still achievable if what he said is 100% correct.

Quote from: rebel on September 12, 2020, 07:53:07 PM

Wait what?   Did you mean he was implying that he expects defeats?   If so I agree.

If you're saying he was in any way saying we should accept defeats because some games the team will be up for and others they wont...  I didn't get that from what he said at all.   

But words can be interpreted in multiple ways, i guess.

hovewhite

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 12, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
People really love to complain about everything I see. Nothing controversial whatsoever with Parker's comments in my opinion.
brutal honesty by the HC,well said realism from game 1 of a long season