https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert

Started by fulhamben, September 16, 2020, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2020, 12:48:41 PM
If you don't shoot you don't score.

He wasn't far off last night, and we know he can score these type of goals.

he puts in a good effort, as said, and  helps out in defence.
Agree
Strange how people seem to see Cavaleiro Differently - at least Knockers runs for 90mins and helps defensively!

rebel

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 17, 2020, 07:04:54 PM

Agree
Strange how people seem to see Cavaleiro Differently - at least Knockers runs for 90mins and helps defensively!

He hasn't scored in 17, his assist count last season wasn't great, that was in the Championship, in the Premiership things are more difficult. The club bought him for his 'overall game', but mainly for his attacking qualities. When Robinson was 'fizzing' those crosses in, maybe he should be in the box trying to finish them off. 

bobby01

Tbh I didn't think he played poorly at all.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 17, 2020, 07:04:54 PM

Agree

Maybe something to do with the fact Cavaleiro scored or created 13 goals to Knockaert's 8 last year. So much more end product. Despite not being played on his preferred side, the right.

Tabby

I think Knockaert is ok, but he is a bit of a passion merchant. Cavaleiro is the player that has more quality to him out of the two imo.

But I also think that neither are helped by the way the team is set up. When they recieve the ball it is usually with their back to goal against a collected defense.

On the subject of finishing, you'd think Fulham needs a technical coach, BDR and Knockaert would surely need it.

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on September 17, 2020, 08:08:00 PM
I think Knockaert is ok, but he is a bit of a passion merchant. Cavaleiro is the player that has more quality to him out of the two imo.

But I also think that neither are helped by the way the team is set up. When they recieve the ball it is usually with their back to goal against a collected defense.

On the subject of finishing, you'd think Fulham needs a technical coach, BDR and Knockaert would surely need it.

How about getting into the box, when the other is crossing. All the fancy goals from long range are great, but if they scored 'ugly' goals that would be good.

Tabby

Quote from: rebel on September 17, 2020, 08:27:06 PM

How about getting into the box, when the other is crossing. All the fancy goals from long range are great, but if they scored 'ugly' goals that would be good.

If only the only chances they missed were fancy long range efforts. But I think getting them to show up at the far post for crosses is on the overall attacking tactics rather than the individual players.

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on September 17, 2020, 09:02:41 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 17, 2020, 08:27:06 PM

If only the only chances they missed were fancy long range efforts. But I think getting them to show up at the far post for crosses is on the overall attacking tactics rather than the individual players.

Would you class Knockaert's first effort yesterday as long range? If Robinson was told to put crosses into the box, then other players were told to get into the box. Even without being told, you would think that the attacking players would have 'cottoned on' and got into the box.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bobby01 on September 17, 2020, 07:40:32 PM
Tbh I didn't think he played poorly at all.

Just re watched the game.    I was harsh on Anthony.   6.5 out of 10 seems about right.   If he could have finished with at least 1 assist or 1 goal I'd have thought he had a pretty good game.

He as got to be more timely and more clinical.   I see it in him.    But at times I think he suffers from thinking he's better than he is.   Humility, and playing with other players who are more skillful than he is may make him raise his game.   I'm hoping he does.   Kinda like his fight.