ByTheRiver

Quote from: Stef 73 on September 17, 2020, 02:34:52 PM
                              Areola
                  Ream Hector mlm
Tete                      Reed                robinson
             Anguissa         lamina
                           Cairney
                              Mitro

But if we have all of our available CBs on the field, who do we have on the bench and as cover for suspensions/injuries? If Odoi is called upon for starting line up, with have no one at all to put on the bench.

Putting it like this shows just how bad the situation is and that it is farcical letting Mawson go two weeks ago with no one lined up. Even without letting him go, priority number one at the final whistle in the play-off final was a CB...

Stef 73

I meant just for the leeds game as surely we will have someone in after that so we won't have to play 3 at cb to cover for each others incompetence and weakness

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2020, 12:32:11 PM
Let's be honest, choosing between MLM and Ream is like choosing a kick in the nuts or punch in the face

So you're saying there is an obvious choice! One question, which one is the punch to the face because I want no part of the other option 🥴!
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Stef 73 on September 17, 2020, 03:54:51 PM
I meant just for the leeds game as surely we will have someone in after that so we won't have to play 3 at cb to cover for each others incompetence and weakness

:54:

filham

Odoi and MLM looked good last night, in fact the back four were beyond reproach but remember we were playing a leagu1 team.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A better team would have punished that defence a couple of times and that it all that it takes!
They were playing a League 1 side who were not even at full strength themselves.
Nice to see new players bedding in but far too early to make judgements.

FFCFOREVER

Let's be honest, choosing between MLM and Ream is like choosing a kick in the nuts or punch in the face
True that

The Rational Fan

When deciding whose worse, I think you should trust the premier league who-scored stats. MLM stats imply that he is fairly typically of a relegated centre back, Ream stats in the PL are worst of any CB to start 20 games in a premier league season since 2008. The stats of 18/19 say MLM gets us relegated over a season by April, Ream gets us relegated before the winter transfer window opens. I would note even Lemina stats at centre back are better in Super Lig than Reams in PL.

I know Reams stats are worse than he looks and MLM stats seem to overestimate his standard, but if you start counting Reams errors each game for several games, it really adds up to a lot of mistakes that leads to goals, what is worse is Ream cannot be expected to improve at his age. MLM is a decent squad centre back, that isn't good enough to play every week and keep you up, but played in moderation he is ok.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 17, 2020, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: fulhamfever on September 17, 2020, 10:57:20 AM
MLM needs game time he has been in and out of the squad.
Anyone with half a brain needs to know if a player needs confidence it's only through game time you can't keep dropping him without him finding consistency or rhythm.

Yes, obviously, but does he come in to partner Hector?

That's the thing for me really.   I don't want both Ream and MLM on the pitch at the same time.   I honestly don't think we lose anything if either player misses a few games.   I rate them about equally.

MLM = player who at times is too confident on the ball.
Ream = at time not comfortable enough on the ball.

Still...thought MLM was good this game.   

rebel

I always ask myself a simple question regarding defenders/defence, could Roy Hodgson get them to defend much, much better. With the defenders and defence we have, I would have to say yes. He drilled his defences so they could defend with their eyes closed. One season in the Prem we finished 7th under him and conceded 37 goals.

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 18, 2020, 02:05:16 AM

When deciding whose worse, I think you should trust the premier league who-scored stats. MLM stats imply that he is fairly typically of a relegated centre back, Ream stats in the PL are worst of any CB to start 20 games in a premier league season since 2008. The stats of 18/19 say MLM gets us relegated over a season by April, Ream gets us relegated before the winter transfer window opens. I would note even Lemina stats at centre back are better in Super Lig than Reams in PL.

I know Reams stats are worse than he looks and MLM stats seem to overestimate his standard, but if you start counting Reams errors each game for several games, it really adds up to a lot of mistakes that leads to goals, what is worse is Ream cannot be expected to improve at his age. MLM is a decent squad centre back, that isn't good enough to play every week and keep you up, but played in moderation he is ok.

As per another thread- whoscored stats are laughable. Next "worst" CB is Conor Coady. It rates Rui Patricio as the worst GK in those defensive stats.

blingo

Hahahaahahahaa

We Are Premier League

Think the main question about mlm is if he is ok as our 4th choice CB, or if we should try to shift him.

I really think we need a nr 1 and nr 3.

Nr 1
Hector
Nr 3
Ream/mlm- probably Ream initially and mlm to take over in time
Odoi