watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leeds 4-3 Fulham

Started by Milo, September 19, 2020, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

It shows fight, we saved a bit of our GD, and Scott is still figuring out the good mix of old and new boys. We're going to be fighting for survival until the last day of the season - it's a long hard slog, let's go boys!!!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

YankeeJim

That was a quick lock on the match thread.

Anyway, we have to come out ready to play. At this rate we'll concede 150 this season.
Joe & Tete were marginal. Lemina, Hector, Onomah, AK , Kebano &  Cav  were either terrible or non-existent.
Mitro didn't start to play until the second half. Not sure about the keeper. He seemed good at times but still, he conceded four.
BDR started sharply with the goal and then faded.
Frank was the loan bright spot.

I didn't lose faith the last season in the Prem until after the Jan window. I think I'll beat that this year.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

alfie

Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2020, 05:04:18 PM
I just hope you swallow your biases and give the boy's some credit. Yes, we all know about our defence, but today's come back was tremendous and it sounds as though it was a very good game, so come on, applaud rather than criticise, and join me in watching MTOD tonight.
Silly mistakes cost us, overall we fought well, Anguissa was immense, Hector poor.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely. I was very impressed today. We made bad errors and was very disappointed with Tete, but we gave it a real go and attacked brilliantly. Leeds are a good side and we will beat other teams playing that way if we cut out the errors.

rebel

We had to go 4 - 1 down before we started to play, then we went to 4 - 3 and really should of pushed on. We looked a bit tried and disjointed after that.

Kebano looked a shadow of his end of season performances. We got drawn into the Leeds tempo.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RogFFC

agreed- but if we don't buy a 2x CB's then all the effort is pointless

Tabby

Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 19, 2020, 05:04:32 PM

Thought Hec was ok actually, not sure why he is getting slated.

He misplaced a lot of his headers, should have been able to clear it for the first goal and completely lost track of Bamford for their third. Not sure what he was doing for their fourth either.

andyk

The last ten minutes we were still not committing players forward. Leeds had more players in our box when they had the ball up our end  I'm trying to be positive but this looks so much like the last time.

fulhamben

we did it lots of times last season, we looked good in a lot of games, once the game was beyond. good subs, but thats it. we need points not concelation goals
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ex-Pat

I said no way we beat Leeds last week, people on here will say that's the Spirit yeah dream on...

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2020, 05:04:18 PM
I just hope you swallow your biases and give the boy's some credit. Yes, we all know about our defence, but today's come back was tremendous and it sounds as though it was a very good game, so come on, applaud rather than criticise, and join me in watching MTOD tonight.

I'm with you 100%. We played very well. Just let down by a couple of individual errors.

It was an excellent game.

I hope we play the same way next game.

love4ffc

Was both amazed and delighted how Bobby and Kabano came on and changed things. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Baszab

Hector- Worryingly out of position many times
Not much understanding with Tete - hopefully that will develop

AnOldBrownie

And before people start thinking I'm harsh...Joe Bryan does not suck.   I don't *fear* having him as our starting LB.

I just know we signed a better (bigger, faster) version of him and we didn't play him today.  Oh well.   Guess we'll see Antonee against Sheffield Wednesday (even though I'd play Joe against them and save Antonee for Villa).

On to the next game.

Samsara

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 19, 2020, 05:06:33 PM
Absolutely. I was very impressed today. We made bad errors and was very disappointed with Tete, but we gave it a real go and attacked brilliantly. Leeds are a good side and we will beat other teams playing that way if we cut out the errors.

Areola should've saved their 3rd. Which is a relief because I am a Rodak loyalist and it looks like he deserves the #1. I thought Tete was alright, made some solid tackles and worked hard going forward. Anguissa is clearly more passionate than I had given him credit for. I partially credit Scotty in that regard as well.

Denver Fulham

Zambo had a very nice game. Combative, won and kept the ball, tracked back with more effort than in the past, great pass for BDR's goal.

Tete looks decent. Needs to get fully up to speed, but promising.

Reed was terrible today. He's like a small Chambers -- throws himself around, so people think he was impactful, but really bad actually.

Our defending was shambolic, but it's going to be until we upgrade our center back(s). We also badly need at least one starting caliber winger. And Onomah has been really poor for 1.7 matches now at AM. He needs to up his game. That's one of the gambles we've taken with this roster.

JimmyConway

Today showed against an ordinary Leeds team that certain players will have limited impact in this division.
Onomah - Kamara  fromman attacking perspective
Bryan - Hector - Odoi not good enough defensively
Would also add Harrison Reed needs to find some extra pace if his going to make an impact at this level.

RoyTund

Thought tete and Anguissa are big upgrades. Tete can actually deliver a cross.

Too slow first half. We seemed set up to contain which obviously went tits up after 5 mins.

Our full backs have to push on in our system which means we have to absolutely have to spend what is needed to get one prob two center backs in.

grandad

Priority is a LCB that can give confidence to Hector. Odoi, great servant he has been, is not an EPL standard FB or CB. Dump this playing with inverted wingers. I hated this last season. It does not work. Wingers should cross from their correct sides with their dominant foot. Bryan has to make way for Robinson.
Where there's a will there's a wife