watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leeds 4-3 Fulham

Started by Milo, September 19, 2020, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Join us here for post match analysis as we lost 4-3 to Leeds.

fulhamben

bad result, shocking defending, far too slow for the first hour, but there were at least a few positives. mitro still got it. zambo is pure class, bobby did well when he came on and we have scored some goals. we desperately need center backs and villa now becomes a must win game imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Defense needs to be sorted out. Hector looking desperately out of his depth for a lot of the game.

On the positives, Tete and Anguissa look up for the Prem. Another beautiful cross and solid defensive work from Tete and Anguissa seems impossible to get off the ball.

PaulJ123

We need to spend big on a CB and a winger. Then get Kongolo in as well to replace Hector when he's fit.

AnOldBrownie

NOW can we sign an attacking player and a CB?

SPEND THE MONEY!!!

Oh, and I will still never be a fan of Joe Bryan at this level, but that's just me.   If I were any of the top 10 EPL sides I'd attack our left side every time.

Odoi did ok today.

Zambo did ok today.

Tete did ok today.

Mitro did ok today.

The rest of the squad was forgettable.

andyk

Parker will look at the positives, fighting back and showing tenacity; but that really was a warning sign, we are a shambles.

Mince n Tatties

ChesterTheTabby

Saved our GD a bit at least... Leeds shipped three more goals.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

andyk

EricB

Our defence was poor. On the plus side, I thought Anguissa looked good. Mitro came into the game once he started to get some service.  Why we persist with inverted wingers defies me, when we Mitro waiting for good early crosses. Think SP is still juggling to what his best team and formation is.  I sincerely hope finds out whilst he is still in a job.

Caedal

We played like we always play under Parker.

If he wants to continue to play this formation/style, then we absolutely need 2 starting cbs, 2 starting wingers, and a starting number 10. I have absolutely no interest in hearing anything about "squad harmony", if the current players cant handle it, then they shouldnt be professional footballers, and we should get rid.

I'd even be willing to have a look at Seri in the number 10 role, if he's at all interested in playing.

God knows how Cav was on the pitch at the end. Was literally like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

On the bright side, Anguissa is clearly our best player by MILES. I thought Tete also had a good game.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: EricB on September 19, 2020, 05:01:01 PM
Our defence was poor. On the plus side, I thought Anguissa looked good. Mitro came into the game once he started to get some service.  Why we persist with inverted wingers defies me, when we Mitro waiting for good early crosses. Think SP is still juggling to what his best team and formation is.  I sincerely hope finds out whilst he is still in a job.

Scott will figure it out, but the squad may simply not be good enough
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

absenteeism

Scored 3 goals but I think that is as much from Leeds taking foot off the gas. We didn't have another notable chance after the third goal?

Overall, same old story. Despite 3 goals we don't look threatening I feel. Our wingers are useless probably due to our tactics. Mitro isolated.

Hector, Bryan, Onomah  :doh:

Lemina offered nothing coming on, strange that TC wasn't first choice

Peabody

I just hope you swallow your biases and give the boy's some credit. Yes, we all know about our defence, but today's come back was tremendous and it sounds as though it was a very good game, so come on, applaud rather than criticise, and join me in watching MTOD tonight.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: OhConnah on September 19, 2020, 05:02:32 PM
Quote from: EricB on September 19, 2020, 05:01:01 PM

Scott will figure it out, but the squad may simply not be good enough

2 of our starting 11 for the majority of this season aren't even on the roster yet.  Of that I'm certain.

hongkongfulham

Zambo looked a world beater today. Big positive.

Thought Hec was ok actually, not sure why he is getting slated.

A lot of our game will rely on our top 3 midfielders playing well, and AK/Cav/Josh were not at it today. BDR got a goal so maybe he gets a go next week, and knocky probably gets a go. Kebano should be starting for me.

filham

No doubt we were beaten but we put up a good show, scored some goals and were in there fighting at the end,
Also there were some positives to take from the game, Anguissa and Lemina looked good as did Tete when in attack.

No doubt we really must not hesitate to spend big on a top class centre back.

love4ffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 04:58:15 PM
NOW can we sign an attacking player and a CB?

SPEND THE MONEY!!!

Oh, and I will still never be a fan of Joe Bryan at this level, but that's just me.   If I were any of the top 10 EPL sides I'd attack our left side every time.

Odoi did ok today.

Zambo did ok today.

Tete did ok today.

Mitro did ok today.

The rest of the squad was forgettable.
0001.jpeg

Positive thing Leeds conceeded as many goals as Fulham over the first two matches  :022:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Samsara

for turning this game around. Made two high energy subs that changed the game and will have alot to work from going forward. It's clear we have a different mentality than we did last time up.

Woolly Mammoth

Every cloud has a silver lining.
This issue may help accelerate the purchase of a couple of central defenders and a winger at the very least, perhaps also a fox in the box to help Mitro before the rot sets in.
It is not a disaster but we need surgery on the field at the back and players in defensive areas.
We have a few players that can hold their own but we do need quality players in key areas ASAP.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.