watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOTD

Started by bahay18, September 19, 2020, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

lets start with the highlights and the commentary . Didn't show joe bryans free kick. Didn't show hectors header that deflected over the bar but showed the similar header from leeds . Commentary as we won the penalty , "quite frankly fulham not been in it " . That equaliser had been coming for about 15 mins even robbie savage had spotted it . Merson said at half time "fulham must be wondering how they are losing this game " .

analysis after the game .    Highlighted all our faults and parker was spot on . But no reference about anguissa , no reference to the quality of our 2 second half goals or general play when in possession .

Even the leeds manager conceded they hadn't done enough to score the goals and the goals we scored were because the opposition were too good in those moments.

really poor from MOTD , it was a very even game today where fulham arguably the better team for large parts . possession was 50/50 and we had more attempts on goal . you wouldn't have believed that on that edit from MOTD(but yes our defending was hide behind the sofa stuff)

Dodgin

Poor analysis of the game as far as we are concerned, why are normally record it and fast forward on the pundits.

alfie

Quote from: bahay18 on September 19, 2020, 11:19:53 PM
lets start with the highlights and the commentary . Didn't show joe bryans free kick. Didn't show hectors header that deflected over the bar but showed the similar header from leeds . Commentary as we won the penalty , "quite frankly fulham not been in it " . That equaliser had been coming for about 15 mins even robbie savage had spotted it . Merson said at half time "fulham must be wondering how they are losing this game " .

analysis after the game .    Highlighted all our faults and parker was spot on . But no reference about anguissa , no reference to the quality of our 2 second half goals or general play when in possession .

Even the leeds manager conceded they hadn't done enough to score the goals and the goals we scored were because the opposition were too good in those moments.

really poor from MOTD , it was a very even game today where fulham arguably the better team for large parts . possession was 50/50 and we had more attempts on goal . you wouldn't have believed that on that edit from MOTD(but yes our defending was hide behind the sofa stuff)
You beat me to it. BBC love Affair with Leeds, like SKY's love affair with Brentford.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tabby

The pundits going "Fulham are relegated" on BT sport is basically what they all think. That is the reason that they don't even try to analyze our games other than the flaws.

Hopefully they'll be proven wrong.

Rambler

I actually thought their analysis of us was quite good.
Danny Murphy picked up on our awful positioning at the back with our defenders all over the shop for their goals. Interestingly for their 4th he made reference to our midfield making no effort to get back to cover the 18yard pullback.
Having said that I noticed reed was covering the CB position as Hector and Odoi had been pulled completely out of position as per usual.

A lot of our mistakes for their goals could infact be rectified with better coaching and positioning. Not this 'light bulb' moment as Parker talked about

Bill2

Have yet to have the pleasure of watching MOTD and pundits reviews, however, the Leeds goals were all down to our errors.
First goal, Keeper should have been on the near post, from that angle far post was much more difficult shot. Also who was meant to be marking Costa, all on his own with masses of space.
Second goal. all of our defence were on the wrong side of Bamford but why did Joe feel the need to push him as not sure he would have got to it anyway.
Third goal. The marking was abysmal on Bamford, Hector need to sharpen up.
Fourth goal. Bamford outpaced Dennis Odoi, then who was marking Costa on the edge of the box yet we had three/four players in the box marking nobody.
Every one of their goals was down to an error by our defence.

alfie

Quote from: Rambler on September 20, 2020, 10:58:02 AM
I actually thought their analysis of us was quite good.
Danny Murphy picked up on our awful positioning at the back with our defenders all over the shop for their goals. Interestingly for their 4th he made reference to our midfield making no effort to get back to cover the 18yard pullback.
Having said that I noticed reed was covering the CB position as Hector and Odoi had been pulled completely out of position as per usual.

A lot of our mistakes for their goals could infact be rectified with better coaching and positioning. Not this 'light bulb' moment as Parker talked about
But their analysis made no mention of our play in the first half after we equalised, nor did they even make the slightest mention of our comeback in 2nd half, did not bother to show our goals.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

The media pundits had us down as relegation favourites for this season before a ball was kicked and they are now looking for every piece of evidence to support that view.
We need at least to collect 40 points to change that view.

bigalffc

Would be a good idea to use Woy's training system, have the teams freeze at the sound of the whistle and see where they are and where they should be.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Plodder

The plethora of pundits on radio and TV is just an illustration of how much money the big media organisations can afford to waste on payments to ex-players to no purpose. The post-match analysis does not offer anything which spectators and football followers can't see for themselves.  When Match of the Day and The Big Match were in their early days, they didn't bother with this bogus extensive forensic dissection of every game.  Their failing was that they could show only highlights of a handful of games.  Now that Match of the Day shows highlights of all the games, it would be much more effective if it severely cut back on the meaningless discussions, and just showed again contentious moments or excellent goals.  It could then devote more of the running time to showing highlights of the actual game. 

I suppose it is a reflection of needing to fill airtime.