watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PL Quality Players

Started by FFC In Oz, September 28, 2020, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

I'm still too angry to think rationally so going to keep this brief as possible.

Who are our players that are bona fide PL standard?

1) Mitro
2) Anguissa

Who are our players that are potentially PL standard?

1) Areola
2) Rodak
3) Tete

Looking objectively based on performances thus far, could anyone argue otherwise or mount a case for any other player?

filham

No it is not quite that bad. a few others would get by until we gradually replace them with improvements.
However , centre backs and wide men are clearly below par and if not replaced are the main ingredients for certain relegation

milis

I'd add Cairney to the second list.

bigalffc

I'm not convinced of Areolas potential at all, but, to be fair to him he has no defence in front of him.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FFC In Oz

Quote from: milis on September 28, 2020, 08:19:03 PM

What games did he impress you in 2 seasons ago when we were in the PL?

Has he improved since then?

I think he dwells on the ball too much at this level where the pressing is better and his one footedness catches him out

Statto

I think there needs to be a category for players like Cairney, Bryan, Cavaleiro, Kamara, Lemina (maybe), Hector and Reed, two or three of whom IMO you can get away with having in the team if they're on form, despite them not being 38-game PL quality.

Honestly still think the same as I did in July (and earlier) which is we just need a starting RB, LCB and winger... plus a few squad players. Which is why it's so criminal that we haven't addressed 2 out of those 3.

milis

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 28, 2020, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: milis on September 28, 2020, 08:19:03 PM

What games did he impress you in 2 seasons ago when we were in the PL?

Has he improved since then?

I think he dwells on the ball too much at this level where the pressing is better and his one footedness catches him out

I think he would shine if he had better players around him. For example, he and Anguissa seemed solid today.

Pippo

A lot of the team could compete at prem level, but there's a few who are just not up to the standard.

Odoi. Great memories, a real cult hero. Doesn't take away from the fact that he hasn't got the positional sense to play at CB in the prem. We have stronger RB options too.

Ream. Maybe not as bad as made out to be but I'm still not comfortable with Tim Ream as a premier league CB in 2020.

Knockaert. No chance. Has a goal in him, but once every twelve games. 3/4 of his shots end up in row Z, or grazing the post. There's a technically gifted player inside him, but he hasn't showed it a lot at Fulham. Doesn't pass enough, but isn't actually that bad at keeping possession. Like Cav he lacks the acceleration to get past a good marker.

Cav. I'm sick of waiting for him to do something. Had flashes of a banger. But went Steve Marlet instead of Boa Morte. Could still turn it around, but I reckon I'll be waiting a while.

Kebano. Loved his revival last year but I can't see him being effective. Should start ahead of Cav surely now.

Unsure of:
Bobby Reid, has a few good moments, vanishes for 75 minutes often, but has scored a couple of times.
Hector, looked god awful so far in the prem but I still have hope
Onomah, a confidence thing? Runs into players, panics, has flashes of brilliance as shown late on last year. Seems to get emotional, Parker has worked hard with him though
AK, more consistent than Cav, looks fabulous on the ball sometimes, one of those that could offer more but the trigger hasn't been pulled yet
MLM, didn't look good last prem season but stranger things have happened

Luka

Anguissa, Seri and Mitrovic on a good day.
TC would have been on the list but as shown tonight he can't string two good halves together anymore.

roberto w6

If the whole squad were up on a "free" asking below average wages, how many of the Big 6 would even bother to pick up the phone?
Last season we built Harrison Reed into Beckenbauer and Mitro into Van Baesten.
We are now seeing the reality of the gap between PL and Championship standards when many of us were not even convinced by our performances in the CH last season.
We're all disappointed, annoyed and frustrated. But were any of you really expecting anything different when we failed to sign 5 proven PL players?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Statto on September 28, 2020, 08:25:32 PM
I think there needs to be a category for players like Cairney, Bryan, Cavaleiro, Kamara, Lemina (maybe), Hector and Reed, two or three of whom IMO you can get away with having in the team if they're on form, despite them not being 38-game PL quality.

Honestly still think the same as I did in July (and earlier) which is we just need a starting RB, LCB and winger... plus a few squad players. Which is why it's so criminal that we haven't addressed 2 out of those 3.

I agree with that.  You can carry a couple of "squad" players in your regular starting XI.

But a couple of quality players can't carry a team of "Squad" (at best) players

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Luka on September 28, 2020, 08:39:02 PM

Anguissa, Seri and Mitrovic on a good day.
TC would have been on the list but as shown tonight he can't string two good halves together anymore.

Seri only works if he plays as a straight #10, or has no defensive responsibility whatsoever.    I've seen him bodied off the ball too often to think he can do more than receive the ball and pass it.   

simplyfulham

Cairney > Anguissa.

Sorry not sorry.