watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need...

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, September 29, 2020, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

to all realise we don't, can't and more than like won't ever run a football club. We certainly won't ever own one of Fulhams stature. So we can't judge Shahid and Tony Khan, Scott Parker and anyone else in charge for decisions made or not made. Before people chase me out of town with pitch forks and burning crosses, I fully understand and appreciate everyones frustrations. But none of us know the difficulties TK may or may not have recruiting playing staff, coaching staff or even a tea lady. Marlon failed a medical, not really TKs fault. If anything, it should be seen as a positive - one less injury prone player.
The worst bit of business TK has done recently, is shipping out, arguably, our best defender on loan without having a suitable replacement.
The lat thing we need right now, is to sack Parker. Yet another manager, yet more instability and yet more different tactics etc.
If we go down again, all players need to be told they are either here for the fight to get us back up, or they never pull on the Fulham shirt again. Simple as that, and I include Parker in that statement. Yes, we need defenders, and have needed a minimum of 2 since Wembley, but saying Parker needs to go and Tony needs to go etc, is just an irrational reaction to a frustrating time.
If all else fails, Fulham will survive because of the supporters it has. Surely nothing else matters.

COYWs!!

blingo

isnt that wht they were told last season?

FFC In Oz

Being a DoF is a full time job.  As is running a wresting organisation.  As is heading the analytics department at an NFL team.

TK can't dedicate the appropriate amount of time to any of his jobs.  That's the gripe that people have.  Yes, he cares.  But he is in way over his head thinking that he can juggle THREE full time jobs at once.

Also, whispers out of Italian journalists are that Marlon fell through due to us (i.e. TK) making some last minute alterations to the finances for the deal and basically being stingy AF.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 29, 2020, 06:02:18 PM
Being a DoF is a full time job.  As is running a wresting organisation.  As is heading the analytics department at an NFL team.

TK can't dedicate the appropriate amount of time to any of his jobs.  That's the gripe that people have.  Yes, he cares.  But he is in way over his head thinking that he can juggle THREE full time jobs at once.

Also, whispers out of Italian journalists are that Marlon fell through due to us (i.e. TK) making some last minute alterations to the finances for the deal and basically being stingy AF.

I get the multiple jobs part, but surely he is just in charge of the final say and has minions doing the majority of the work for him?

Rumours are rumours, we'll never know the truth... but I really hope he isnt becoming a Levy MK2 because then we are doomed.

People are mentioning bringing in a proper DOF, but what businessman is going to sack his own son and bring in a very expensive alternative?

sonnyjim

I don't see why everyone is saying sack Scott Parker. Jurgen Klopp wouldn't be able to do much better with the team that we have. The only thing Parker is doing wrong is picking liabilities every week and not seeing that they just aren't good enough.

It doesn't matter what manager we have, we need to spend money. Take a look at the value of the rest of the teams in the league, you can't compete unless you keep spending money.

I don't understand why Mawson and Christie were both loaned out when there are worse players in the starting 11 each week.

We need to give Parker some time. I don't really think he is getting the support that he needs either.

Denver Fulham

I thought the story re: Marlon was that Sassuolo actually pre-paid the Barcelona clause and wouldn't have to pay them 50% of the sale, therefore we shouldn't be paying the same price and allow them to double dip, so to speak. But I'm not sure anyone outside of the clubs would know for sure.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 29, 2020, 06:07:14 PM

I get the multiple jobs part, but surely he is just in charge of the final say and has minions doing the majority of the work for him?

Rumours are rumours, we'll never know the truth... but I really hope he isnt becoming a Levy MK2 because then we are doomed.

People are mentioning bringing in a proper DOF, but what businessman is going to sack his own son and bring in a very expensive alternative?

I haven't heard anything about us trying to replace Pereira, so TK would be taking over his responsibilities?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, TK hasn't had a role for his father's company Flex-N-Gate.

Am I reading too much into it - or does it speak volumes that Shad hasn't employed his son for his money making business

bill taylors apprentice

I beg your pardon but thats b@ll@ks!
I can (and so can any other interested party) judge anyone on how they are running our club!

I may not have the money, experience or training (TK has only 1 out of 3) to run a big business but Just like I can judge the performance of my MP, GP or  any other person who affects my life I can voice an opinion on how good or bad our clubs operating.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 29, 2020, 06:19:25 PM
I can (and so can any other interested party) judge anyone on how they are running our club!

I may not have the money, experience or training (TK has only 1 out of 3) to run a big business but Just like I can judge the performance of my MP, GP or  any other person who affects my life I can voice an opinion on how good or bad our clubs operating.

Well, I'd say he has two of the three to be honest, and it isn't training.
He has experience, he just doesn't seem to learn from it.
However; my point is, I highly doubt his job is easy. Especially when teams like Man city, United, Liverpool, Everton etc etc etc were all looking for defenders as well as us.

Statto

Exactly BTA.

rebel

Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 29, 2020, 06:13:00 PM
I don't see why everyone is saying sack Scott Parker. Jurgen Klopp wouldn't be able to do much better with the team that we have. The only thing Parker is doing wrong is picking liabilities every week and not seeing that they just aren't good enough.

It doesn't matter what manager we have, we need to spend money. Take a look at the value of the rest of the teams in the league, you can't compete unless you keep spending money.

I don't understand why Mawson and Christie were both loaned out when there are worse players in the starting 11 each week.

We need to give Parker some time. I don't really think he is getting the support that he needs either.

I think Klopp would do significantly better with the squad we have. He's a totally different character to Parker and knows how to get the best from players.   

blingo

Quote from: rebel on September 29, 2020, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 29, 2020, 06:13:00 PM

I think Klopp would do significantly better with the squad we have. He's a totally different character to Parker and knows how to get the best from players.   

+1

St Eve

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 29, 2020, 06:28:56 PM

Well, I'd say he has two of the three to be honest, and it isn't training.
He has experience, he just doesn't seem to learn from it.
However; my point is, I highly doubt his job is easy. Especially when teams like Man city, United, Liverpool, Everton etc etc etc were all look ing for defenders as well as us.
I am sure it isn't easy, but that is his job, or one of them. If he can't do it then he should go.

Lighthouse

Sadly we as fans can judge owners and coaches. In the same way I have never run a Country but some idiot keeps asking me to vote fpr some totally unsuitable people instead of other unsuitable people to do it for me.

Same as football. If they keep getting the same thing wrong they need to be told by the simple minded.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rational Fan

Sunderland's owner never run out of money as Ellis Short is still worth £1.4B today, he run out of belief that investing in the club would result in the DOF spending the money wisely and thought running the club down was the best investment. If Shahid Khan loses belief in our current DOF, then he might lose belief in all DOFs and not back then in transfer market, like Ellis Short didn't back Chris Coleman.

The fans not backing Tony Khan could result in a new DOF that is not backed financial by SK like at Sunderland. TK with money is better than another DOF without money. Shahid Khan has already implied that all MAF's DOF failed, but remain convinced he can pick better DOFs. Assuming Shahid Khan realises that he is worse at picking DOFs than MAF then our club is finished, unless we find another delusional billionaire to invest.

Ideally, we want The Khans to think they can manage a football team better than MAF, so they keep investing, because that's why they have said their investing. If fans continue to tell Shadid Khan that he is worse at investing than MAF and he listens to the fans, then he may accept that MAF invested better and halts new investment.

If fans keep calling out the truth, then SK just accept that the only way to invest better than MAF is not to invest at all. The truth is Fulham will only succeed in the table with some semi-delusional owner that thinks he can succeed where MAF didn't, an owner that delusional believes in his son maybe the best it ever gets post-MAF.

Matt10

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 29, 2020, 06:07:14 PM

This is where my mindset has always been as well. However, I feel he's just not professional anymore. I think, and this is coming from an American supporter, who has never set foot in the UK, let alone the Cottage (bucket list), is he is trying to seek acceptance not just to dad - but to the Fulham supporters. As a result, he just overcompensates constantly. He presents himself as successful to mask his insecurity and desire to be accepted. The problem is, it's gotten really bad over the years - and he's cancelling out all the good that his recruiting team (minions, if you will) efforts. Then he further belittles his own head coach and speaks for him by commenting about the performance. Completely overstepping - and taking things too far.

Reminds me a lot of Michael Scott from the office. Instead of laughing at himself and allowing people that criticize him into his world a bit, he goes into a world of hurt and attention seeking that it puts off everyone.

The most mature and professional thing he could do towards getting accepted as a Fulham supporter is relinquishing the DoF spot asap. Even if he only has final say - and the rest of the recruiting team are putting in 24/7 work, it still needs to be a matter of the message as a supporter to other supporters.

hovewhite

SK can't be faulted for money into fulham,its just not being spent well enough.

Sting of the North

Quote from: hovewhite on September 30, 2020, 07:01:46 AM
SK can't be faulted for money into fulham,its just not being spent well enough.

SK has appointed TK, so he is hardly blameless. If TK should be held responsible for transfers (at the end of the day for results not alleged efforts), then SK should be held responsible for TK. That's how it works. Just like SP should be held responsible for team performances (ideally within reasonable expectations based on the tools at hand), and a player should be held responsible for his performance (again, within reason since it is a team game). In my opinion.

toshes mate

The OP appears logical and yet it isn't.  The upper tiers of the professional football scene has always been rich in people who didn't make it to the top and end up playing to their capacity or have failed completely and move on elsewhere.  That is the same as any other professional career where some succeed but many others do not.  And so you take a role like DoF and how do you fill the position successfully?  The answer is entirely logical and does not explain how FFC took a completely different route to nepotism wonderland.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 30, 2020, 05:34:06 AM
Sunderland's owner never run out of money as Ellis Short is still worth £1.4B today, he run out of belief that investing in the club would result in the DOF spending the money wisely and thought running the club down was the best investment. If Shahid Khan loses belief in our current DOF, then he might lose belief in all DOFs and not back then in transfer market, like Ellis Short didn't back Chris Coleman.

The fans not backing Tony Khan could result in a new DOF that is not backed financial by SK like at Sunderland. TK with money is better than another DOF without money. Shahid Khan has already implied that all MAF's DOF failed, but remain convinced he can pick better DOFs. Assuming Shahid Khan realises that he is worse at picking DOFs than MAF then our club is finished, unless we find another delusional billionaire to invest.

Ideally, we want The Khans to think they can manage a football team better than MAF, so they keep investing, because that's why they have said their investing. If fans continue to tell Shadid Khan that he is worse at investing than MAF and he listens to the fans, then he may accept that MAF invested better and halts new investment.

If fans keep calling out the truth, then SK just accept that the only way to invest better than MAF is not to invest at all. The truth is Fulham will only succeed in the table with some semi-delusional owner that thinks he can succeed where MAF didn't, an owner that delusional believes in his son maybe the best it ever gets post-MAF.

Oh dear! More b@ll@cks!
Yet again, in an attempt to live up to your name and your quest for logic & reason you are chasing that white rabbit endlessly and not even down the right hole