more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lookman Signs Official

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 30, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

ADEMOLA LOOKMAN SIGNS

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ademola Lookman on loan from RB Leipzig.

A 22-year-old forward who is comfortable operating anywhere along the frontline, Lookman will remain at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2020/21 season.

He told FFCtv: "I'm glad to have it over the line and done now. I'm glad I can be here to help the team.

"After the conversations I had with Scott Parker, I got a great feeling, that's the working relationship I want to have. He's young and hungry and I'm young and hungry as well so it's a good match."

Tony Khan added: "I'm excited to announce the arrival of Ademola Lookman to Fulham Football Club on loan from RB Leipzig!

"Ademola, in his young career, has gained experience in the Premier League and Bundesliga and contributed in England's 2017 Under-20 World Cup win, and we believe that he's a very good addition to our squad! Come on Fulham!"

Born and raised in London, Lookman was spotted by Charlton Athletic while playing for local side Waterloo, and joined the Addicks in 2014.

Such was his progress, he made his first team debut a year later, just two weeks after his 17th birthday, and never looked back.

Having scored 12 times in little over a year for Charlton, the Premier League beckoned for Lookman, with Everton agreeing a deal worth up to £11m for his services in January 2017.

He immediately endeared himself to the Goodison Park faithful with a fine debut goal a matter of minutes after coming off the bench, as Manchester City were comprehensively beaten 4-0 by the Toffees.

Lookman had his first taste of European football the following season as Everton competed in the Europa League, and he then joined Leipzig on loan in the winter transfer window.

He continued his habit of notching on his debut, coming off the bench to hit a late winner against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

That was the first of five goals he scored in 11 Bundesliga outings – of which just seven were starts – prompting the German club to part with £22.5m to make the move permanent.

Lookman's first England call-up came at Under-19 level, helping a Young Lions side that included Josh Onomah reach the Semi-Finals of the European Championship in 2016.

A year later the pair were in the Under-20 squad that won the World Cup, with Lookman scoring three times in the tournament as they became the first England team to win a global competition since 1966.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Ademola-Lookman-Signs/

bencher

He's on the small side for a CB but I guess he'll have to do 086.gif

fulhamben

Welcome let's hope he can freshen things up. Straight into the Brentford game please. And hopefully maybe a rare sighting of aina aswell please
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JoelH5

22.5? What went wrong? Genuine question
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

Has anyone seen him play, can't recall him from his toffee days. What's his attributes, please say quicker than bolt

jarv

Is he any good?  Hopefully he has some real pace.

supersimmo123

Rumour has it that this is a straight loan with no option to buy... I wonder if they sacked it off after the first 3 games to get the deal done as we wont be signing this lad in the Championship!

MikeCdawg

Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2020, 02:23:23 PM
Has anyone seen him play, can't recall him from his toffee days. What's his attributes, please say quicker than bolt

Tricky winger with a decent strike on him, not slow either. Not too sure about his work rate and tracking back

JoelH5

Quote from: MikeCdawg on September 30, 2020, 02:27:13 PM

Tricky winger with a decent strike on him, not slow either. Not too sure about his work rate and tracking back

Why do Leipzig want rid?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

dont care about tracking back, we need something going forwards

fulhamben

Quote from: supersimmo123 on September 30, 2020, 02:27:07 PM
Rumour has it that this is a straight loan with no option to buy... I wonder if they sacked it off after the first 3 games to get the deal done as we wont be signing this lad in the Championship!
doubt we will be signing any of our loans to buy if we get relegated

FFC1987

Everton fan told me he loves him and was disappointed when he left as showed immense talent. Seems like a gamble signing to me in a position we do have ample supply in albeit still lacking in quality.

Mince n Tatties

Did he just make one appearance for Leipzig all the time he there?

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2020, 02:35:54 PM
22 apps for them 5 goals.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 30, 2020, 02:29:54 PM

Why do Leipzig want rid?

Nagelsmann doesn't seem to be a fan

Southcoastffc

Feel sorry for him, his signing at this stage is underwhelming given the current situation.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Is he better than Kamara, Cav., Knock., Reid and Kebano.
Also has he the pace to be used as a right footed right sided wide man, that is not another inside out winger.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2020, 02:37:28 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2020, 02:35:54 PM
22 apps for them 5 goals.

I must have been thinking of someone else...lol

filham

So ,he passed the medical that is good but is it only centre backs that are subjected to the Mawson Boot Test.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on September 30, 2020, 02:46:10 PM
Is he better than Kamara, Cav., Knock., Reid and Kebano.
Also has he the pace to be used as a right footed right sided wide man, that is not another inside out winger.

I would say he is.

None of those 4 are premiership quality in my book.