Lookman Signs Official

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 30, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 30, 2020, 02:37:31 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on September 30, 2020, 02:29:54 PM
Quote from: MikeCdawg on September 30, 2020, 02:27:13 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2020, 02:23:23 PM
Has anyone seen him play, can't recall him from his toffee days. What's his attributes, please say quicker than bolt

Tricky winger with a decent strike on him, not slow either. Not too sure about his work rate and tracking back

Why do Leipzig want rid?

Nagelsmann doesn't seem to be a fan

Do you know why?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rebel

If he fulfills his potential, he's going to be really good, knows how to take on players.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 30, 2020, 02:50:38 PM
Has anyone seen him play, can't recall him from his toffee days. What's his attributes, please say quicker than bolt

Tricky winger with a decent strike on him, not slow either. Not too sure about his work rate and tracking back

Why do Leipzig want rid?

Do you know why?

I'm not sure, maybe he didn't fit in to his preferred style of play?  Also, RBL have a lot of class players in his position like Sabitzer, Forsberg, Poulsen etc.

He's quick, tricky and has an eye for goal, I'm thinking he'll provide better output than Kebano, Cav, Knocky or BDR

itombomb

Naglesmann basically doesn't play with proper wingers/wide-forwards, so there wasn't much of a place for him in the side. He's really tactically demanding and packs his team with athletic midfielders who will work really hard and keep the ball moving, and the width tends to come from fullbacks.

From what I've seen Lookman isn't super quick, but he's very good technically with the ball at his feet. Would like someone who could chip in with more goals, but it is a good signing imo.

fulhamfever

Years   Team   Apps   (Gls)
2015–2017   Charlton Athletic   45   (10)
2017–2019   Everton   36   (1)
2018   → RB Leipzig (loan)   11   (5)
2019–   RB Leipzig   11   (0)
2020   → Fulham (loan)   0   (0)

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 30, 2020, 02:56:38 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on September 30, 2020, 02:50:38 PM

Why do Leipzig want rid?

Do you know why?

I'm not sure, maybe he didn't fit in to his preferred style of play?  Also, RBL have a lot of class players in his position like Sabitzer, Forsberg, Poulsen etc.

He's quick, tricky and has an eye for goal, I'm thinking he'll provide better output than Kebano, Cav, Knocky or BDR

I agree.

Wolf

Why do Leipzig want rid?

As is said elsewhere, he only played 11 times last season (same as Ampadu I think) and the manager doesn't seem to fancy him. It should also be realised that RB Leipzig have a much stronger squad than us and have finished top 4 in Bundesliga in three of the last four seasons.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Moltobueno

Tabby

Hope he does well. I'm probably irrationally positive towards this signing, but I think he'll be a hit.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Tabby on September 30, 2020, 04:33:05 PM
Hope he does well. I'm probably irrationally positive towards this signing, but I think he'll be a hit.

Me too.

Hopefully he starts to fulfil his potential with some regular football.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if he goes unsighted like Aina whilst the likes of Cav, Kebano etc play in his position

Bronaldinho

Why do Leipzig want rid?

They don't, they want him to get some game-time.

No option for perm.

Also, TK in his earlier interview said we aren't a club to develop players for others. Yet we are doing that for Lookman
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

hovewhite

Come on sign a couple of CBs Fulham!

FulhamStu

Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 30, 2020, 05:33:14 PM

Why do Leipzig want rid?

They don't, they want him to get some game-time.

No option for perm.

Also, TK in his earlier interview said we aren't a club to develop players for others. Yet we are doing that for Lookman

He is 22 not 18/19/20

Bit of positivity please...  and who know, we could sign him if he does well and we stay up.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sonnyjim

When are we gonna sign a defender 🙄

bahay18

All starting to look very similar to last time . We need a centre half , in comes another lightweight winger.

YankFFCFan

Quote from: filham on September 30, 2020, 02:46:10 PM
Is he better than Kamara, Cav., Knock., Reid and Kebano.
Also has he the pace to be used as a right footed right sided wide man, that is not another inside out winger.

Can't be worse than Cav. Happy to have some fresh blood and some speed up top. CB is definitely the biggest need, but need an attack with something other than just crosses at Mitro.

AnOldBrownie

Happy to have a new attacking player...question his strength and pace though.

Guess we'll see.   If he can play with Mitro up top, and assist/score a few goals...I'm happy.

Only time will tell if this is a good signing.     Maybe he's the Ryan Sess replacement we've been looking for.

AnOldBrownie

Wish we'd picked up a stronger, faster player that could hold up the ball or stretch opposing defenses.

Still...if he plays well with Mitro the other stuff won't be as important

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

hongkongfulham

https://youtu.be/CAU9eRUrcxU

Highlights I know but has shown he has good feed on his day. I'd like to see him and Kebano start given how slow our build up play is