• Multiple options in play
• Bremer talks ongoing
• Can meet Todibo asking price, all on player
• Foyth loan approach rejected
• Kongolo deal collapsed late

source:
theathletic.com

sarnian

Still getting back to fitness and has not played any football for 9 months. Rumour was medical late in the window and may have failed it. If not fit why take a chance we need players to come in and start very quickly.

JoelH5

Quote from: sarnian on October 01, 2020, 08:56:03 AM
Still getting back to fitness and has not played any football for 9 months. Rumour was medical late in the window and may have failed it. If not fit why take a chance we need players to come in and start very quickly.

Exactly. Why get him in to sit on the bench? Wise to look elsewhere
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Offset

Kongolo is a Huddersfield player so windows does not close till the 16Th for him so might still be waiting to do medical

sarvenpa

Are there really not one single centerback in the Championschip, among these 24 teams, that are an upgrade to what we currently have?

fulhamben

Quote from: sarvenpa on October 01, 2020, 09:23:54 AM
Are there really not one single centerback in the Championschip, among these 24 teams, that are an upgrade to what we currently have?
we need more than just an upgrade on what we have, we need prem level standards. Hecter was a good cb for the majority of it last season. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bencher

I wonder if John Stones will become available, perhaps on loan. He needs to play regularly, he does basically have everything we need to enhance our defence.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: fulhamben on October 01, 2020, 09:30:58 AM
we need more than just an upgrade on what we have, we need prem level standards. Hecter was a good cb for the majority of it last season. 

Im still holding on to Hector needing a better player beside him for him to be comfortable. Maybe wishful thinking but i'm hoping he will prove good enough a this level.

sarvenpa

So the asnwer is no then?
Thats why we are looking abroad, cause no one among these 24 teams has any player that can do a good job in the Prem.

Whitestone

Definitely. Alfie Mawson. A significant upgrade on Odoi, Ream and Le Marchand. Something very wrong about his loan to Bristol City IMO.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hongkongfulham on October 01, 2020, 09:34:03 AM

Im still holding on to Hector needing a better player beside him for him to be comfortable. Maybe wishful thinking but i'm hoping he will prove good enough a this level.

I'd rather we had a class act along side Ream,who reads the game better than Hector imo.🤗

sarvenpa

Quote from: Whitestone on October 01, 2020, 09:35:31 AM

Definitely. Alfie Mawson. A significant upgrade on Odoi, Ream and Le Marchand. Something very wrong about his loan to Bristol City IMO.

Cant remember who, but someone here told us that Mawson would never again play under Parker.
Weeks later he was loaned out.

Lordedmundo

I found this fascinating stats based article relating to Championship centre backs:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/which-championship-centre-backs-are-ready-for-the-premier-league-data-analysis-statistics

What I cannot work out from a Fulham perspective is why Ream is missing and seemingly replaced by Kongolo - who as we all know never played for us in the Championship!

Some standout names are Cameron Carter-Vickers (on loan from Spurs), Pontus Janssen, Tomas Kalas (!) and Hector (phew)

Perhaps Tone should use this to identify his next signing!

Cookie6262

It was Hillingdon who knows Mawson's dad and has been right on everything Mawson related from before he even signed. He suggested something had occurred behind the scenes and stated he would be surprised if Mawson played for us again. I'm still shocked we let him leave before signing a replacement though as we were already short, I can't believe it could have been that bad 🤷‍♂️

Lordedmundo

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 01, 2020, 09:10:07 AM

Exactly. Why get him in to sit on the bench? Wise to look elsewhere

I like Kongolo - but agree it is time to move on.  Even if he is fully recovered from the injury (which I doubt - based on reports), it will take him several weeks to get match fitness. He may not even be back playing until after Xmas!

Jim©

Quote from: Whitestone on October 01, 2020, 09:35:31 AM

I really, really wish people would stop going on about this as if we've let some world-beater through our hands.
I rarely, if ever, read a report on Mawson saying how well he'd played, he'd done this well, looked unbeatable in the air etc.

He is not, as we know, an upgrade on the above players. Possibly similar, on a good day a bit better, on a bad day a bit worse.
However, if he fell out with the manager then off he trots. It's re-writing history to claim that he's a huge loss to us.

hovewhite

We signed mawson who was crocked can't see it happening again with a different player!

Deeping_white

To be fair we can sign Kongolo well into October should we decide to because we can trade with EFL clubs after the international deadline for another 10 days I think

hovercraft

filham

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2020, 11:59:20 AM
To be fair we can sign Kongolo well into October should we decide to because we can trade with EFL clubs after the international deadline for another 10 days I think
Forget deadlines we need new centre backs bedded in and ready to play as soon as ever possible, every day delayed is critical.