watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press conference quote

Started by South Coast White, October 01, 2020, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

"It was the fine margins of a football match tonight and we were on the wrong side of them"

Was he really watching this game!!!!!

andyk

There is none so  blind, as those who will not see.

Bill2

Fine margins, he is having a laugh. It is about time he was about more honest to the fans.

junior white

I only caught a bit and he also said we didn't deserve anything from the game.

Tabby

Not very inspiring stuff.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/Post-Brentford-Press-Conference/

POST-BRENTFORD PRESS CONFERENCE
By Jack Pooley

Scott Parker rued another night that fell flat as his side were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Brentford on Thursday evening.

"It was a disappointing night," Parker conceded. "We probably didn't deserve anything out of the game, Brentford played well."

"I thought first half it was a bit nip and tuck really, we had a couple of half-chances but finishing-wise we didn't do too well, and they get their nose in front."

The second half started brightly for Fulham after the introduction of Ademola Lookman who looked sharp. But it was Brentford who struck as the game was finely balanced on a knife-edge.

"I did feel at the start of the second half we played very well," Parker said. "We had a couple of good chances, I felt like we were really in the ascendency and a goal needed to come, and then the first time they (Brentford) get a set-play the ball goes in the box and it's 2-0.

"From there we were trying to chase the game a little bit. Obviously, the boy (Said Benrahma) shows a bit of quality with the goal as well.

"It was the fine margins of a football match tonight and we were on the wrong side of them.

With a tricky trip to Wolves on Sunday followed by an international break, there is no let-up for Parker in the schedule, which he explains.

"It's been tough. We've not had much time since the (Play-Off) Final to be fair. Time has been scarce.

"But this is the predicament that we're in. It is what it is, we need to understand that and quickly try and get as much work in as we can.

"Games are coming thick and fast but it's all part and parcel of it. We can't moan, we can't whinge. That's the hand we've been dealt, and we need to work out ways to improve.

"It's a challenge. We're in a transition phase at this moment which I always knew was going to be difficult, but the challenge is there for us all and it's one I'm embracing, and the team are going to embrace as well – we'll be okay."

blingo

WE'LL BE OK????? DELUDED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Bryanthebroom

I think that's a pretty fair, albeit positive commentary on the game.

I would have added that that both sides were extremely poor creatively in the first half, but at least we didn't concede in the first 5 minutes and looked a little bit more solid defensively.

Then we looked good in the first 15 minutes of the second half, something which was pretty much entirely down to Ademola Lookman coming on.

Then, as we've still not learned basic defending from set plays, they score from the first long ball into our box. That effectively killed the game. As it seems to every week.

fulhamben

Is he taking the p1ss.
"It's been tough. We've not had much time since the (Play-Off) Final to be fair. Time has been scarce.
Is he hoping that we have forgot that Brentford also played in that final, have just a busy a schedule as us and also sold there best player. Blokes lost more than just the dressing room 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sonnyjim

Fine margins? 3-0 to a team in the division below us?

Fine margins....  064.gif 064.gif

It's gonna be a long season.

Andy S

I don't  know why anyone takes part in interviews right after the game. It is all clap trap. None of it is anywhere near what he will say to the players in the morning

RaySmith

it's probably a contractual obligation.

FFC1987

I'd be again, interested to hear from the more critical fans of Parker currently, on what they'd of liked him to say.

'We were crap and we're buggered. lets face it'......

Texas White

How do they get paid so much... for so little

I work hard for mine. Shameful performance from some.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2020, 09:34:09 PM
I'd be again, interested to hear from the more critical fans of Parker currently, on what they'd of liked him to say.

'We were crap and we're buggered. lets face it'......

No doubt. If your team is struggling and lacking confidence, it does no good for the manager to pile on.

RaySmith

Quote from: Texas White on October 02, 2020, 03:16:43 AM
How do they get paid so much... for so little

I work hard for mine. Shameful performance from some.

If the problems were  just due to players not working hard enough it would be easy to solve - just  get hard working players in, some of the fans  would  jump at the chance and be willing to shed blood for the club.

I don't think that is the problem - a player can be crap,  and be  trying  hard , and it appears he isn't.

I'm sure every player who turns out for Fulham wants to impress and the club to do well while he's with them - it's their careers after all, and it's them  who have to take stick, be embarrassed, even humiliated, as replays show their  ineptitude, and pundits  analyse their every  error and  pratfall.

rebel

I think was referring to the margins on the team sheet, not big enough to pick a 'winning team'.

Woolly Mammoth

But even if a player is having a poor game, he can still run around. That is not happening at Fulham because too many milky timid fair weather players who have no intention of getting their shorts muddy have been recruited under the failed stats program headed by Khan junior, and you reap what you sow.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Big T

Parker's full of it
Always has been, always will be
Cleaned us out when we got relegated, then lurked around and nicked Slavs job,

Anyone of us could of got Fulham promoted with the amount of funds he had thrown at him

A quality brown noser at best

bobby01

Quote from: Andy S on October 01, 2020, 09:23:52 PM
I don't  know why anyone takes part in interviews right after the game. It is all clap trap. None of it is anywhere near what he will say to the players in the morning

I wonder what he does say to the players in the morning, it's obvious no one is taking any notice.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

It's got SO bad no even my Spuds, Arse, Crystal Palace & Chelski mates have stopped taking the pi##!

They actually feel embarrassed & sorry for me

Still were going to beat Wolves, you heard it hear first!