watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it that bad???

Started by Jim©, October 02, 2020, 10:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordedmundo

It is that bad! However as was mentioned in another post yesterday - Crystal Palace had an even worse start 3 seasons ago (six defeats on the trot I believe). 

I think all we want to see is 11 players on the pitch that play as a team and make a fight of it over 90mins.  If we can get these (seemingly elusive) new centre backs on board and cut out the stupid mistakes every game, then I think we have a good chance of finishing one point above 18th place.  We will need to have a lot of luck with injuries as well - as our back up players cannot be relied upon based on what we saw last night!

In my opinion - the other teams in the bottom four are all as crap as us on paper.  The advantage they all have over us is a more experienced manager.  That said - we should not be sacking Parker at this stage, otherwise we will continue to follow the same suicidal path we have done twice previously.

Jim©

Quote from: Southdowns White on October 02, 2020, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: Jim© on October 02, 2020, 11:04:34 AM
Quote from: Tempest on October 02, 2020, 10:48:48 AM
Its the manner of the performances, the lack of cohesion,  effort, desire, if there was any semblance of fight and desire then there would be hope.

I felt for Lookman,  he came on v Brentford and made a difference,  his energy was so much greater than those around him yet no one seemed inspired by this.

That's what worries me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I've not seen any lack of desire- none at all.
I think the team as a whole were inspired by Lookman but after that period of 20 mins when we looked great, they scored an easy goal and our heads went down- which is understandable.

No it's not understandable, these guys are professional footballers, trained to a ridiculously high level from a very young age. There really was no passion, no desire just a a crowd of over entitled over paid un mature men on the pitch. They need to grow some and stop strutting around pointing as though it's not their fault.

Whilst they may be all of those things, another thing they are is human. We'd had a very good spell, even the commentators were commenting on how good we looked. We give a free kick away and the easiest of goals and our heads drop. I understand it, I've played sport at a good level and i'd feel the same. It's human nature- nothing that can be affected by paying someone money or otherwise.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: Lordedmundo on October 02, 2020, 02:49:07 PM
Crystal Palace had an even worse start 3 seasons ago (six defeats on the trot I believe). 

That Palace side would still be above us on goal difference with three games played

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: 70sPimlico on October 02, 2020, 10:36:20 AM
Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2020, 10:35:19 AM
The thing is the "worst ever", "embarrassing", "laughing stock" stuff is not just coming from pessimistic Fulham fans on here. It's coming from the wider football community of commentators and non-Fulham fans. So if they say they're laughing at us, then they're laughing at us.

F**K em

:plus one:

filham

One simple undisputable fact, two new reliable centre backs of some quality has to be our priority, getting them will not immediately  turn us into a good premier league team but failing to sign them by Monday night will mean almost certain relegation.