watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brede

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 03, 2020, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

What's he doing now...must be enough water under the bridge, for him to help out with structuring our defence....last I heard he was living in Richmond

shepperton white

He's working for Norway (?) TV station commentating on English football, but would love to have him as a defensive coach

South Coast White

Yes agree along with Danny Murphy midfield coach and Brian McBride, attacking coach.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: South Coast White on October 03, 2020, 11:29:14 AM
Yes agree along with Danny Murphy midfield coach and Brian McBride, attacking coach.

McBride in to show them how to play with a bit of passion.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: South Coast White on October 03, 2020, 11:29:14 AM

Yes, and Berbatov as a slow coach

Statto

If we're working on the assumption that being a good player makes someone a good coach, why don't we get Gazza in if Parker gets the sack?

Bocanegra

Nothing more tedious than when fans think ex players would sort out our squad just because they played in a much better era for Fulham.

Truly mind boggling.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Bocanegra on October 03, 2020, 07:12:13 PM
Nothing more tedious than when fans think ex players would sort out our squad just because they played in a much better era for Fulham.

Truly mind boggling.

Ermmm....Scot Parker, Chris Coleman....shall I go on

Statto

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 08:07:49 PM

Truly mind boggling.

Surely those two prove Bocanegra's point!

filham

Truly mind boggling.

Yes go on, Ray Lew, Bill Dodgin and the Great Beddy Jezzard all did well in the past as would Bobby Robson had we been prepared to give him more time than one poor season.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2020, 08:20:05 PM

Truly mind boggling.

Yes go on, Ray Lew, Bill Dodgin and the Great Beddy Jezzard all did well in the past as would Bobby Robson had we been prepared to give him more time than one poor season.

Exactly....they know the club, they know the fans....they played well at Fulham because they enjoyed the experience

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on October 03, 2020, 08:19:28 PM

Truly mind boggling.

Parker achieved promotion.... Coleman avoided relegation

Statto

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 08:32:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 03, 2020, 08:19:28 PM

Truly mind boggling.

Parker achieved promotion.... Coleman avoided relegation

Put it this way... In the modern era, they were better than Sanchez and Magath. Probably on par with Wilkins, Bracewell, Symons (two other ex-players) and Jol. Not as good as Hodgson, Hughes, Tigana, Jokanovic or Keegan. On balance, "knowing the club" etc doesn't seem to have given them much of an advantage.

Somerset Fulham

The love in with Danny Murphy is ridiulous.

Sure he was a great player for us, but it is clear from his work in the media that he simply isn't interested in Fulham.

RaySmith

Chris Coleman achieved a ninth  place Prem finish with us, then had to deal with his best players being sold - not the first Fulham manger to have to cope with this.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: RaySmith on October 03, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
Chris Coleman achieved a ninth  place Prem finish with us, then had to deal with his best players being sold - not the first Fulham manger to have to cope with this.

He also took over a club in freefall

Bocanegra

Just in case it wasn't obvious, I'm not saying that there are no examples of ex Fulham connections doing well here.

Just think it's a heart over head way of thinking when people suddenly think having Danny Murphy or Brian Mcbride near the squad would turn us into world beaters.

I also know some people make these comments with no real intent, and I may be taking their thoughts to literally...

Statto

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 08:59:23 PM

We were 15th with the best squad we've ever had. Hardly in freefall. I agree however that he had it tough in the years that followed. But when he left he really were crap, so not sure it proves much either way.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on October 03, 2020, 09:18:43 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 08:59:23 PM

We were 15th with the best squad we've ever had. Hardly in freefall. I agree however that he had it tough in the years that followed. But when he left he really were crap, so not sure it proves much either way.

Tigana got the boot for whatever reason.... Coleman an ex player took over - got us to 9th, the club was in freefall as that was the start of selling player's

RaySmith

Tigana was sacked because of relegation fears, though I thought it harsh. Did he also fall out with MAF, over Marlet maybe?

Coleman is one of our best  Prem  managers, or even of all Fulham managers in the top division, if you look at it in terms of final league  placing-
Hodgson's top finish was seventh, Hughes eighth, and Coleman ninth.