https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 03, 2020, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Assuming that Reem is fit to play.

Areola

Odoi          Hector        Ream       Bryan

Reed
                                                         Lemina         Anguissa

Lookman            Mitro               Kebano

fulhamben

lemina and reed are out arent they
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on October 03, 2020, 06:44:03 PM
Parker said we will have to see how Reem is today, possible he may play.

Matt10

The attack was pretty toothless against Brentford. I am not sure where else it will come from unless we start going back to playing to feet. I think Lookman showed so much promise, so he has to start. Personally, I want to see Cairney play behind Mitro as it's been a while since we've seen that. His lack of tracking back as a CDM should be reason enough for this change.

I know Aina wasn't great, but I'm done with Odoi in the PL. It's just...enough.

Areola

Aina     Hector     Ream       Bryan

Anguissa    Johansen

BDR        Cairney     Lookman

Mitro

TC's Sporran

i thought cairney looked good going forward v villa but  extremely lightweight tracking back

thought him and anguissa looked good together
shame there was nothing in front of them even remotely interested in moving off the ball or having a go

take away defensive mistakes and there are points to be won

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2020, 06:54:09 PM
is that reed or ream mate

MikeTheCubed

• *Play McDonald if Reed (and Lemina) are unavailable. Failing that then Johansen.
  • I've advocated playing Bryan on the left wing before but this time it'd be with the intention of doubling-up the fullbacks on Traore
  • Areola not particularly at fault but isn't inspiring confidence. Nor is Rodak in fairness but still feel it's his spot to lose
  • Lookman caused problems on Thursday and would provide the skills on the right that Bryan lacks on the left
  • Tete and Aina look ok going forward but don't look solid defensively thus far. Odoi hasn't either but we'd need someone with discipline with Lookman on the wing

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on October 03, 2020, 06:59:17 PM
The attack was pretty toothless against Brentford. I am not sure where else it will come from unless we start going back to playing to feet. I think Lookman showed so much promise, so he has to start. Personally, I want to see Cairney play behind Mitro as it's been a while since we've seen that. His lack of tracking back as a CDM should be reason enough for this change.

Areola

Anguissa    Johansen

Mitro

Can we risk Aina at rb though, when   attackers seemed to go past him so  easily, and his general ineptitude.
OK, so he maybe struggling to adapt, and for fitness, but it's so important  to try and be defensively more sound. Pity Christie's gone, though I know  he also had defensive  limitations, but Aina really seemed to struggle.
Shame about Tete, and Lemina.

I can't believe how one dimensional and predictable we were v Villa - nearly all our attacks  culminated in crosses to Mitro, who tried manfully, but they were ready it, and it was no surprise when our  'goal' came from a long range shot, for a tap in.

I think Lookman will give us  a lot more, bursting  past players and  passing to feet, and even having a go himself. Might also link well with BDR as well as Mitro.

Agree that Cairney might be better used in a more forward, creative role.
COYW

Bryanthebroom

Onomah hasn't done enough to start IMO.

Stefjo to start with Anguissa if Reed isn't fit.

As for Onomah's central attacking position, I have no idea who to play there. Who do we have centrally who can close down but also good on the ball?

Edit: parker will start Odoi at RB but I'd rather see Aina there.

Moltobueno

Would like to see 3-5-2:
                        Areola

Odoi     Hector    Ream

Johansen
Kamara      Cairney  Anguissa   Bryan

Mitrovic    Lookman 

Will probably see 4-2-3-1:

Areola

Odoi       Hector       Ream       Bryan

Cairney     Anguissa

Lookman        BDR            Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Matt10

Quote from: RaySmith on October 03, 2020, 07:42:36 PM

Areola

Anguissa    Johansen

Mitro

Can we risk Aina at rb though, when   attackers seemed to go past him so  easily, and his general ineptitude.
OK, so he maybe struggling to adapt, and for fitness, but it's so important  to try and be defensively more sound. Pity Christie's gone, though I know  he also had defensive  limitations, but Aina really seemed to struggle.
Shame about Tete, and Lemina.

I can't believe how one dimensional and predictable we were v Villa - nearly all our attacks  culminated in crosses to Mitro, who tried manfully, but they were ready it, and it was no surprise when our  'goal' came from a long range shot, for a tap in.

I think Lookman will give us  a lot more, bursting  past players and  passing to feet, and even having a go himself. Might also link well with BDR as well as Mitro.

Agree that Cairney might be better used in a more forward, creative role.
COYW

I know, it's a risk - but Odoi hasn't shown much to me that he deserves to keep second choice at RB. I've just had enough of his brain fleeting moments. Aina will need to prove himself though, but if the choice is between him and Odoi...I pick Robinson :)

Agreed about Lookman. Was fantastic. He made so many penetrating passes from the wings compared to what we received instead from the likes of Knockaert who just dribbled and slowed things down. I think Lookman and Cairney may work out quite well.

I think most supporters have watched too much of Cairney at the CDM role, but the majority of last season he was right behind Mitro, and our attack was much more potent because he could hold onto the ball and play those passes out wide to our wingers and fullbacks. Not to mention he's got a good shot on him.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on October 03, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
Sorry I meant Reed, no doubt about Ream being available as far as we know.

MrFFC

Personally I would like to see

Areola

Aina          Hector      Ream      Bryan

Anguissa    Cairney

Kebano             BDR          Lookman

Mitrovic

What I think we will see

Areola

Odoi            Hector          Ream         Bryan

Anguissa      Cairney

Kebano              Onomah          Cavaleiro

Mitrovic
Come on you Whites!! :)

filham

I think Aina demonstrated against Brentford that he cannot be considered for a place tomorrow.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2020, 08:09:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 03, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
Sorry I meant Reed, no doubt about Ream being available as far as we know.

cheers, will be a brucey if reed is fit.

Statto

It's gotta be AK47 opposite Traore. That will be some match up.

Areola

Odoi - Hector - Ream - Bryan 

Anguissa - Onomah

Lookman - BDR - AK47

Mitrovic

H4usuallysitting

4-4-2.... For me..... Don't really care who plays...as we'll lose.... really hope we don't....but I cant see our season starting until November

Mullers OG

Aina might be able to do a job at rb in due course, but not now. At Brentford he didn't look fit.  Kamara is clearly not up to the necessary standard.

Areola

Odoi. Hector. Ream Bryan

Anguissa. Cairney. Onomah

Kebano. Mitrovic. Lookman

AnOldBrownie

Areola

Odoi     Hector     Ream       Robinson

Anguissa    Johansen

Mitro

Denis Can PLay Right Back

The problem is our coaching staff hasn't taught them how to hold a consistently straight back four.

Defend.    I'm ok getting a 0-0 draw for a point.     I don't need Dennis Odoi leaving Michael Hector as our only right sided defender because Denis has bombed ahead past the halfway line.

Also, if we can just figure out how to actually clear corners we might not concede 2+ goals a game.

I wouldn't use AK47, Knock or Cav as starters again...unless it was due to injury

And Antonee Robinson is a better defender than Joe Bryan, so he gets the spot for me.  Traore is going to get the ball on the right...dribble close to Joe Bryan...then kick the ball past him and run to the ball to whip a cross, or drive into our box.

Antonee Robinson is better served to defend against Traore.

Onomah looked slow to me immediately when we came back from the break.   He's now in a faster league and doesn't look any faster.

Facts Not Fiction

Areola

Odoi Hector Le Marchand Bryan

Anguissa Onomah

Lookman Reid Kebano

Mitrovic