watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara is a Liability

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, October 04, 2020, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Another post deleted with no explanation?! Again no swearing, no banned subjects mentioned...

1500.gif

Maybe it was a glitch on the forum so I'll type it again - these "should never play for us again" comments about players like Odoi and AK47 are disgraceful.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2020, 09:30:42 AM
Another post deleted with no explanation?! Again no swearing, no banned subjects mentioned...

1500.gif

Maybe it was a glitch on the forum so I'll type it again - these "should never play for us again" comments about players like Odoi and AK47 are disgraceful.

:plus one:

Baszab

Thought he played well
Does a lot of covering and space making
Should have scored - but looked nervous on the shot
Well worth his place as an impact sub if allowed to play with freedom

Lordedmundo

I think there has been a lot of scapegoating of individual players - a different one every week it seems.  Undeserved in my opinion as has largely been players struggling to deal with the step up, rather than lack of effort.

Kamara is a good player at Championship level, but struggles in the Premier League - where his lack of a football brain and poor touch means he ineffective for the much part.

His discipline and decision making has improved a bit - but agree that he has not really improved that much as a player. In fact you could argue that in become more disciplined he has become more predictable.  I would be happy if he was third choice central forward.  As winger he doesn't really offer much, but probably more than Knockaert!

fulhamfever

We have a Championship squad in the PL end of debate

junior white

Quote from: Baszab on October 05, 2020, 09:44:16 AM
Thought he played well
Does a lot of covering and space making
Should have scored - but looked nervous on the shot
Well worth his place as an impact sub if allowed to play with freedom
My thoughts exactly, with the shot it was like he was thinking i have to score this just hit the target.

Woolly Mammoth

We will need him in the Championship next year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Must admit I am getting tired of all the needless criticism of some players. Or should I say needless abuse. Kamara missed a chance. Keepers make mistakes. Players miss passes and give the ball away. Especially at Fulham. But should we send them on their way and never darken our doors again? No this is silly and frankly getting annoying.

Kamara found space in the area and was able to keep up in the quick break. Yes he hit the shot right at the keeper. Not a hanging offence. Not worth all the abuse. Right now he offers something we don't have elsewhere in the squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Yet more dubious scapegoating of the sort that this Club can do without.   Kamara has a lot more integrity than a lot of posters on here.  IMO.

Jim©

Quote from: howitis on October 04, 2020, 04:11:51 PM

It is an insult to the fans that we are still putting up with his crap.

Wow, have we become so precious??
For a bit of balance- he has a similar minutes per goals stat to mitro (obv played far less as we've always been stocked with wingers) and a load more assists.

His miss yesterday wasn't great and cost us a point, but this over the top finger pointing is all a bit sickening IMO.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 05, 2020, 10:09:19 AM
Must admit I am getting tired of all the needless criticism of some players. Or should I say needless abuse. Kamara missed a chance. Keepers make mistakes. Players miss passes and give the ball away. Especially at Fulham. But should we send them on their way and never darken our doors again? No this is silly and frankly getting annoying.

Kamara found space in the area and was able to keep up in the quick break. Yes he hit the shot right at the keeper. Not a hanging offence. Not worth all the abuse. Right now he offers something we don't have elsewhere in the squad.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 05, 2020, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 05, 2020, 10:09:19 AM

filham

Always liked Kamara and felt that we needed to make use of his pace and strength, He has played a good few minutes this season and while a better option than Cav. and Knock. he really has not produced the goods.
After two substitute appearances it is clear that Lookman is a far better player.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on October 05, 2020, 04:26:49 PM
Always liked Kamara and felt that we needed to make use of his pace and strength, He has played a good few minutes this season and while a better option than Cav. and Knock. he really has not produced the goods.
After two substitute appearances it is clear that Lookman is a far better player.

I don't think there's any denying Lookman looks better- but to be fair he would cost £20m ish compared to Kamara.
As I've always said, I've got a lot of time for AK and think he's a perfect 30 minute to go player. Imagine being a tiring full back with him coming on and running at you.

bobbo

he really shouldnt have missed that chance yesterday , he actually had the extra 1/2 a second to choose which side of the keeper to put it .
im afraid he is part of our problem along with three or four others.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

The Swan

Can't see as anything but a very lat Sub. He has pace but often just runs into players or falls over the ball.
The Swan

Whitesideup

I would like to see less vitriol aimed at some of our own players. Vitriol should be reserved for totally inappropriate conduct, not for someone who tries hard but at times comes up short. Yes, Kamara should have scored, but he did not miss deliberately. Just as defenders and goalkeepers do not make deliberate mistakes, just as midfielders get caught in possession, or make poor decisions with their passing. Berate the manager for selecting them when there are better options available by all means, but let's stay within boundaries of the acceptable when criticizing the performance of our players.

Steven Ageroad

Funnily no comment from Fulhamben, it's his favourite player!

Fulham1959

Quote from: Nero on October 04, 2020, 04:16:43 PM
I've tweetewd TK and told him to get some Fulham branded Pitchfork in the Merch shop make a klling

What language is that ?  Doesn't even make sense.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 04, 2020, 04:01:04 PM
I think Kamara has hit his ceiling. I always thought he might just be a very rough diamond and may become a good Premier League player, but I just don't see it anymore.

I really wonder if a season at a championship club playing 90 minutes every game might sharpen Kamara up. I have no doubt once he has 20 goals in the championship, he has the strength and pace to jump up to the premier league. He spent three years as a bit put player, he needs some game time. He played less game time than Mawson, and he still looks inexperienced at championship level.