NFR - How Is The Weather Where You Are?

Started by White Noise, December 01, 2010, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

1) What is the temperature?

2) If you have snow - how deep?

3) Are you off work today?

sipwell

1) -5° Celcius (with the windchill it feels like -15)

2) hardly any. Let's say 2 cm

3) No, never ;-)

Location (perhaps essential to ask WN): Brussels
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

according to Google it's -1 in Northolt. No snow and dosen't everyone take the winter off?

The Doctor

I'm in South Oxfordshire.

1) -2.5 oC

2) no snow overnight, so just left with the frozen remains of Monday night's light fall

3) No

Looks like we're going to miss most of the action in this bit of the Thames Valley

sipwell

I was lying a little  :dft001: :dft001: :dft001: :dft001:

Actual temperature in Brussels is -6,3. With the windchill that makes -19.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Doctor

-6.3?! Blow that for a lark.  I think it was -6 when we played in Basel last year.  I have never been so cold at a match, and I vowed there and then that I'd never moan about it being cold in the UK again.  Thankfully I don't live in the Highlands where overnight mins are pushing -20!

NorthernWhite

1/ Around -3 at the mo

2/ Yes and a huge blizzard has just come in so it's getting deeper!

3/ Of course not!

os5889

In the valleys here, must say it was at its worst on rugby day (saturday, been defrosting since)
Nearly skidded off the road on black ice this morning though
about 0C
No fresh snow
blue skies
I am staying inside though

Logicalman

currently its -5C, but we are due for a somewhat heatwave over the next ten days, which will see our temps run between 6C (sun-bathing time) and -13C, and just a few snow showers but nothing above a few inches, so it's not exactly a problem - yet! Unless the roads are totally impassable (2 feet+) then we always go into work.

aFFCn_Fan

Hate to be the first of the boastful ex-pats, but what the hell. I don't get to visit the cottage as often as I used to so it has to have some benefits....
1) 27 degrees
2) No, we had rain a couple of days ago though and it lasted for nearly an hour
3) no, just staring at the green trees and sunlight creeping through the leaves from my office
Sipwell's 4th) Jo'burg
@hincharoo

Mr Fulham

1.) -4°C here in Northern Germany (feels like -15 though, wind strength 6)

2.) Currently no new snow, but according to Google there will be new snowfall tomorow.

3.) Yes.

Lighthouse

On the South Coast in Blighty we have a covering of snow. Unlike yesterday it doesn't seem to be shifting. The drive  is  steep  and if we could make it to the flat road we would be fine. If we had too we could but not come back up again.

My temperature gage says 3 outside. Worryingly it is only 8 inside. Had to go out yesterday but today will work from here. Have had work delivered so can't be too bad
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

Im in Horsell Surrey

1) What is the temperature? -1

2) If you have snow - how deep? about 2cms

3) Are you off work today? Watching This Morning..

More forcast later x

Jimpav

I'm in Angel London.

1. approximately -1

2. No snow on the streets but there is some on the car roofs.

3. I'm at work - took me 2.5 hours to get home and 3.5 hours to get in ( it normally takes 1 hour door to door)

Fair bit of snow at Tonbridge and no trains scheduled until later today. I had to back track to Ashford and then take the high speed 1.

FatFreddysCat

It's people like Watford White i feel sorry for, living in desolate Northern wastelands  :59:

The Equalizer

I'm not far from London Bridge.

1. It's currently about -1 - basically fecking 'taters.

2. A light dusting on our office balcony, but nothing on the streets. I did see about 6 inches on top of a black cab, but that must've been flown in from Newcastle.

3. Nope, made it in. Took about half an hour. Usual Putney - Waterloo in 20 mins, and 10 on to the office walking.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

It is -1 c here, snow is 4 inches deep, no way I can get to work, will have to walk  3 miles tomorrow if weather does not improve.side roads are sheet ice.

Burt

Its -1ish here in Thames Ditton, with c2cm of snow, more forecast.

Working from home as my commute route was hammered, but as I have full audio, video and VPN access its all pretty easy, and the company get their pound of flesh as the 2.5hrs I would have spend commuting is spent working instead!!

GoldCoastWhite

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/sa/adelaide/adelaide

Corked Hat is getting washed away (and blaming me for it) and I'm gonna be bloody boiling at the cricket on Saturday in 35c or
95f. Will have to keep my fluid intake up just in case !  :beer:

RidgeRider

1) What is the temperature?

It is currently clear, sun is rising and will we have a high of 59F today, but right now it is -1 C here in the Sacramento area

2) If you have snow - how deep?

No snow here in the foothills however up further in the Sierra's there is a ton

3) Are you off work today?

Off work? Never. I am always on the clock, accept when I am on this board, which is