watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mesut Ozil 'receives £8m Arsenal loyalty bonus' despite not playing this season

Started by rebel, October 12, 2020, 08:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He should be ashamed of himself - I wouldn't take the salary if I was him.

fulhamfever

TBH Arsenal was stupid enough to give him that contract it's the clubs fault. I have no bad vibes at Ozil for taking something that was offered to him.

gang

They were happy enough to offer him the contract and have to pay the price. Anyone in any job would do the same; when you give notice to quit your job do you tell your employer not to pay your salary during the notice period?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: gang on October 12, 2020, 09:49:31 AM
They were happy enough to offer him the contract and have to pay the price. Anyone in any job would do the same; when you give notice to quit your job do you tell your employer not to pay your salary during the notice period?

He's not exactly busting a gut to get in the team is he. Seems totally demotivated but happy to take the money while many around the world are struggling to make ends meet.

KJS

We all take it if offered so the only people atfault are the Arsenal employees that brokered the deal l🙄

Whitestone

I'm not sure why the media regularly demonise players like Ozil who is only getting what is due to him as the result of a legally binding contract that Arsenal presented him with. Arsenal created the problem giving Ozil the contract which although it does seem excessive shouldn't be a reason for the player to be scapegoated by many observers. It's because of the contract that not surprisingly Arsenal aren't able to offload him. Massive mistake by the football club. I deliberately haven't commented on the football side because I have no idea why he is rarely up selection. There could be a number of reasons.

Tempest

Absolutely.  Not many of us would say no to this, Arsenal and a few other teams will learn suitable lessons about ridiculous contracts.
Quote from: KJS on October 12, 2020, 10:36:19 AM
We all take it if offered so the only people atfault are the Arsenal employees that brokered the deal l[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

rebel

We all take it if offered so the only people atfault are the Arsenal employees that brokered the deal l🙄

I wouldn't out of 'principal', yes he has a contract, but the people that pay the wages directly or indirectly want to see someone earn that kind of money. 

The Old Count

If the report is true (it is a newspaper report after all) he'll be paying half of that in tax.

bog

What a farce. Who was it who drew his contract up? The club mascot?  :022:

092.gif

rebel

Quote from: bog on October 12, 2020, 11:48:54 AM
What a farce. Who was it who drew his contract up? The club mascot?  :022:

092.gif

The 'mascot's' been sacked, but Ozil gets rewarded for 'not playing', at least the 'mascot' turns up. I'm so even handed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54440357

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Arsenal fans have serious visions of granduer. They demanded the board sign up Ozil when he was on form, they did. Then, when his form dipped and didn't play to their stupidly high standards, they got upset and annoyed that he'd signed this contract he'd signed for.
He also has his opinons on the Uyghurs muslims and their treatment from the Chinese government. Arsenal didn't support him, instead threw him under the bus. If my employer did the same and I was on a high wage contract and they wanted me to leave, I wouldn't out of spite.
The way he is treated by the club and supporters, I think he is well within his right to mug them all off.

fulhamfever

He turns up to training everyday, if the manager does not pick him that is his option. He gets paid either way. Stupid enough to give him that deal, he stupid enough to take it.

alfie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 12, 2020, 09:55:32 AM
Quote from: gang on October 12, 2020, 09:49:31 AM

He's not exactly busting a gut to get in the team is he. Seems totally demotivated but happy to take the money while many around the world are struggling to make ends meet.
I watched a recent training session and he was working as hard if not harder than a lot of the others, it's the club refusing to select him, not him refusing to work.
Arsenal gave him that contract because they wanted him to stay, now the have to deal with it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Quote from: rebel on October 12, 2020, 11:33:54 AM

I wouldn't out of 'principal', yes he has a contract, but the people that pay the wages directly or indirectly want to see someone earn that kind of money.

Sorry but you are full of crap it offered you would take it if it was part of you written contract of work, how you'd choose to spend it or give it away is up to you, Ozil has a huge charity interest so I wouldn't be surprised if they benefit

rebel

Quote from: KJS on October 12, 2020, 01:20:46 PM

Sorry but you are full of crap it offered you would take it if it was part of you written contract of work, how you'd choose to spend it or give it away is up to you, Ozil has a huge charity interest so I wouldn't be surprised if they benefit

You're full of it, you don't know me, I once worked for a subsidiary of a FTSE 100 company, some stuff happened,  I could have told them to quadruple my salary, they would have, but I stuck to my guns, for me the 'core' issue was more important. Had HR running around for 12 months, not knowing what to do.

Huxley

Good on him. Football is a job. Arsenal are his employers. Whoever wrote and agreed to the contract is at fault. No different to KMcD. Both have a contract till the end of the year, both turn up and train, both don't get picked to play, both have had the offer of mutual termination, both have stayed knowing full well they won't play again. The difference is that Ozil earns 10x as much but at the same time his skill set is more desirable than KMcD. Anyone that has followed Ozil will know the way he plays (not defensively) and that he is not an extrovert. Arsenal, Real Madrid, schalke and Bremen knew this and signed him (Bayern were knocking on the door too).

Huxley

Quote from: rebel on October 12, 2020, 02:31:31 PM
Quote from: KJS on October 12, 2020, 01:20:46 PM

You're full of it, you don't know me, I once worked for a subsidiary of a FTSE 100 company, some stuff happened,  I could have told them to quadruple my salary, they would have, but I stuck to my guns, for me the 'core' issue was more important. Had HR running around for 12 months, not knowing what to do.

Did you know there whereabouts of the only key for the Executive Bathroom? I've worked directly for a FTSE 100 company.  Don't hit the profit forecast they have a clear out aka "business alignment to our strategic goals blah blah blah" and out comes the broom. In the end you are just a number.