watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our problems

Started by Southcoastffc, October 25, 2020, 08:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Not my words but quoted from the invariably accurate and well-written Jack and Loz blog.  IMO perfectly encapsulates our problems.

"This match was a curate's egg. We passed like a Premier League team, we kept possession like one, we commanded territory like one and occasionally we even defended like one too. But our tactics are dubious and our attack emasculated. In some ways both Palace's goals were against the run of play, but only because we have so much possession, not because we threaten to do anything with it."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

milis

I think our main problem is that there is no standard team core. The lineup changes week in, week out. We also have a large number of loaned-in players on key positions (5/11 now and when Andersen gets well it will be 6/11 which is more than half). That way, it is impossible to practice and learn combinations by heart, it will always be a team of 11 individuals and match outcome will depend on individual qualities and most of all on luck. It is necessary to assemble the core of the team (TK's and SP's jobs) that would be good enough to last at least two seasons or even better - three.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: milis on October 25, 2020, 09:16:18 PM
I think our main problem is that there is no standard team core. The lineup changes week in, week out. We also have a large number of loaned-in players on key positions (5/11 now and when Andersen gets well it will be 6/11 which is more than half). That way, it is impossible to practice and learn combinations by heart, it will always be a team of 11 individuals and match outcome will depend on individual qualities and most of all on luck. It is necessary to assemble the core of the team (TK's and SP's jobs) that would be good enough to last at least two seasons or even better - three.

bullpoo, we don't need a squad good enough to stay up three seasons, we need to make January transfer window with enough points to have a chance to reinforce and then stay up (or go down, reinforce, come up and stay up).

milis

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 26, 2020, 06:18:07 AM
Quote from: milis on October 25, 2020, 09:16:18 PM

bullpoo, we don't need a squad good enough to stay up three seasons, we need to make January transfer window with enough points to have a chance to reinforce and then stay up (or go down, reinforce, come up and stay up).
I didn't say we need a squad good enough to stay up three seasons. I said we need to assemble a group of players (the core of the team) that would have enough quality to keep their places in the team for two or three seasons. We can not escape yo-yoing by depending so much on loanees.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 25, 2020, 08:52:48 PM
Not my words but quoted from the invariably accurate and well-written Jack and Loz blog.  IMO perfectly encapsulates our problems.

"This match was a curate's egg. We passed like a Premier League team, we kept possession like one, we commanded territory like one and occasionally we even defended like one too. But our tactics are dubious and our attack emasculated. In some ways both Palace's goals were against the run of play, but only because we have so much possession, not because we threaten to do anything with it."

I think the problem is that RLC, Anhuissa, Cairney and Lemina are very good football players but neither is very keen on making forward runs. Sadly, I looks as if we cant play them all together.