watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The question is, could Klopp or another manager get the current squad to win

Started by rebel, October 26, 2020, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

another manager might do a bit better but this squad has bottom three written all over it.

I am no longer allowed to mention why that is my opinion as it offends some posters sensibilites for me to give a full opinion (this is self regulation not a mods driven thing).

bencher

Yes - BUT Klopp was given time by the Liverpool board. He finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool, worse than his predecessor (6th). We were not an outstanding team last season (and we were coming off the back of a shambolic season), and IMO Parker did well overall to get us promoted. We had problems in a number of positions which were only going to be exacerbated this season. We have some better players in but it takes time for them to become an effective team. Unfortunately it seems quite likely we will be relegated if we don't pick up wins soon but if we were to win next Monday it could also be the turning point.

ScalleysDad

It would depend on the persons ability to see into the future an hour and ten minutes before the game starts, ie, before they peg the team sheet up. If they could have seen Hector having his very own and expensive mare, Mitrovic having his own personal mares in both penalty boxes and in front of an empty net and TC needing yet more time to find his full mojo then probably yes they could. In the real world it is what it is with all of the above and until many people's preferred CB pairing is available and bedded in I suspect there will have to be more changes to the match day squad, actually definitely so following AKs card on Saturday.
Important games for us tonight and by bedtime we could still be within reach of 17th............. sigh of despair emoji

Finnans Right Peg

The thing for me is that we don't  look like we practice anything in training defensively. How long have we been brutal at set pieces .There are times when I watch us that I don't know who is marking who .The same can be said in the other box .

We can argue about the quality of the squad all we like but unless we are organized it makes no difference .

Take palace or us under roy there was probably much better squads but roy has palce and had us organised and that made us hard to beat .

Look at newcastle under keegan probably the best squad they ever had but weren't organised defensively and didnt win a thing.

So at this moment in time I would take any manager that would come in and organise us better and give us a chance beacuse as it is we need to score at least 2 goals before a ball is kicked .

Rant over

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 26, 2020, 01:37:36 PM
The thing for me is that we don't  look like we practice anything in training defensively. How long have we been brutal at set pieces .There are times when I watch us that I don't know who is marking who .The same can be said in the other box .

We can argue about the quality of the squad all we like but unless we are organized it makes no difference .

Take palace or us under roy there was probably much better squads but roy has palce and had us organised and that made us hard to beat .

Look at newcastle under keegan probably the best squad they ever had but weren't organised defensively and didnt win a thing.

So at this moment in time I would take any manager that would come in and organise us better and give us a chance beacuse as it is we need to score at least 2 goals before a ball is kicked .

Rant over

Did I hear correctly that both Anderson and Kongolo are both far more vocal than anything we currently have? When Kongolo was set to join us last time round for some reason I had him down as captain for this season.
I had other things on this weekend but the football banter last weekend with the neighbours had our defence compared to a Morecombe and Wise sketch, all the pieces are there but not always where they should be. It's like taking brain fogs to a whole new level.

Finnans Right Peg

Scalleys dad .

They probably are more vocal but again this all comes down to been coached correctly if everybody knows their job and who to pick up there is less need for people to be vocal and just get on doing their own jobs .

But I do think the whole squad lacks leaders

shepperton white

It occurs to me that most managers set their teams tactics according to the opposition.  Now we know from our own experience with Roy he always has a solid back 4 or 5, and catches the opposition on the break as per last Saturday; but SP plays one way and one way only.  The opposition in all our recent games are happy for us the have most of the possession and in some cases most of the shots. But until SP gets a plan B and C and our front men get their act together we are toast.
I only hope when Andersen, Kongolo and Tete are back and fit our fortunes will improve.  And yes I do believe Klopp and a number of other managers would have won at least one and drawn a couple more with our current line up but varying tactics

deadcowboys

Klopp might get more out of them, but Paker hasn't lost a game 7-2 this season......Yet  049:gif

colinwhite

It would take Klopp (and did at liverpool where many wanted rid after one season ) a season plus to put his mark on any team.Parker has effectively a new team and so far has worked with them for more or less 3 games since the window shut.We need to be realistic here .

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: colinwhite on October 26, 2020, 04:53:54 PM
It would take Klopp (and did at liverpool where many wanted rid after one season ) a season plus to put his mark on any team.Parker has effectively a new team and so far has worked with them for more or less 3 games since the window shut.We need to be realistic here .
But we had the same problems last season when he was also in charge .

We were too slow with the ball and easy to score against only in this league we get punished more

rebel

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 26, 2020, 05:03:41 PM
But we had the same problems last season when he was also in charge .

We were too slow with the ball and easy to score against only in this league we get punished more

Exactly, in interviews he talks about 'learning' all the time, he doesn't need to develop something that isn't working, 'Parkerball'.
He just needs to look at a 3 match unbeaten run in the Prem under him in 2018, won all three matches without conceding.

rebel

Yes, 3 games, but is there improvement in each match. I don't think so.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

colinwhite

Id saythere was a big improvement in both the wolves and sh utd games and even to a degree against Palace compared with the first 3 games.
As far as last season is concerned we got promoted ,so dont by your own way of reasoning see the beef there and this is now more or less a completely new team . If Mete and Andersen were available i think we would only have Mitro left from last seasons starting line -up.tYou asked the question and even Klopp would struggle to make that work straight away!

Finnans Right Peg

It doesn't need to work right away but there has to be improvements week after week and it we need to look like we worked on things in training.

Don't kid urself about the wolves game they didn't get out of 1st gear and we only looked good because we were so bad the games before .

The sheff utd game we were shocking in the first half and did a lot better in the 2nd .

Against Palace we passed the ball around because they let us we had so much possession but who looked the more likely to score it wasn't us .

I'm  all for giving managers time but we need to be improving a lot better than 1 half of a game all season beacuse thats all we have played imo.and for what its worth I think Sheff utd will struggle also.

The annoying thing is I think we can stay up but not with the system and tactics we are using because we can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet

Wingnut

He would but it'd take a season or two to turn things around. He got rid of the vast majority of the Liverpool team before they started winning trophies. Money was no object for him either, which wouldn't be the case here.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.