watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Wont! World Cup 2018 Russia, 2 votes for England only

Started by os5889, December 02, 2010, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

3 hours until they announce whether us younger types will get to go to a world cup on english soil.

You may not care but what do you think?

SSN reporting that Englands presentation "changed everything". I have to hand it to Cameron and super Eddie for one hell of a presentation.

Today is the first time in the whole process I've felt it could happen!

Hypothetically who would you be using Motspur park as their training base?

White Noise

I am not sure how SSN would know that but I see that the odds have switched right round in the last day or two and we are now hot odds on favourites with Russia next and the donkey beaters after that.

We have put a lot of time and money into a long campaign for this and there are some very good people in the wider bid team.

FIFA need a big, successful World Cup some time soon after the flat last few. We can deliver that. Oh, and it will make a ton of money for the guys at FIFA - not that they are interested in such things.

sipwell

Go Belgium/Holland bid.  :004: :004:

Information from press isn't worth much at this point. Reuters said of the Belgo-Dutch presentation that it was "very convincing and refreshing". That sounds promising, but it isn't worth anything.

22 men will decide. Belgium will at least have 1 vote :)

If Belgium/Holland wins it, I personally will come to train on Motspur Park  :011: :011: :011: :011:

(today we are enemies, my Fulham friends  :015: :015:)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

sipwell

Jimbobob

:dft012: :dft011: :dft010:
It makes too much sense for your to win so that is why it probably won't happen.
Perfect location and facilities and weather. A no brainer but FIFA is so corrupt and political probably will not happen which is a real shame. I hope like hell you guys win!!!!! :54: :54: :54:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

os5889

I'm hoping! But think it may end up in Spain....

sipwell

Quote from: os5889 on December 02, 2010, 03:12:47 PM
I'm hoping! But think it may end up in Spain....

Spain/Portugal gave a very bad presentation apparently (main argument: we can organize the world cup tomorrow! ; reply by journalists: who cares?). My money is on England but I root for Belgium/Holland!

The Equalizer

If only we put as much effort into playing football as trying to host it...

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

saying we've gone out at first round and havent won. Russia are confirmed winners

If we have come last it indicates a FIFA corporate decision to punish our bid in retaliation for negative stories about FIFA.

JBH

All it really means is FIFA is currupt and Rotten to the core

sipwell

Quote from: JBH on December 02, 2010, 03:32:34 PM
All it really means is FIFA is currupt and Rotten to the core

As a Belgian (who is also bidding): Thanks!  :016:

Mr Fulham

According to BBC, England was knocked out in the first round. I reckon Putin's there, so it'll be Russia, hands down. :dead horse:

2022 will be Qatar because FIFA's corrupt.

Staffs White

Absolutely gutted about this.

I doubt we'll ever host a WC again FIFA clearly have an agenda to promote in 3rd world (in footballing terms) countries to leave a legacy after the WC.

os5889

Ugh! A smiling Abramovich makes me feel sick!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

It stinks of back handers this,I'm all for pulling out of FIFA till they get there act together :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: fair vote? never in a month of Sundays :dead horse: :dead horse:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2010, 03:45:35 PM
It stinks of back handers this,I'm all for pulling out of FIFA till they get there act together :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: fair vote? never in a month of Sundays :dead horse: :dead horse:

Agreed Syd. A shambles organisation.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

thing is, is, if I thought we had lost fair and square then fine, take it on the chin and move on,but this shambles???? I feel cheated,I really do :dead horse:

LBNo11

...I am not at all surprised, there was no reason for Putin to be there, he already knew it was in the bag. Had he been there he would probably have turned as red as the flag he worships! Russia is probably the most corrupt nation on earth these days and since the fall of communism probably has a very large proportion of millionaires/billionaires as a result.

Two winners here, Blatters bank balance and FIFA's corruption.

If I am still around when it happens I will find it easy not to watch, but most will be drawn to the media hype like moths to a bright light and still watch it. I wonder also how much of a hold murdochs newscorp will have on the russian media by then too..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Qater are going to build 14 stadiums and then demolish them and ship them to third world countries, two questions what are they then?are they not a third world country, total opulence surrounded by abject poverty,  where is a pigs will fly motif LB?the two countries that have won it are the easiest for the big envelopes to be passed around in.

Jimpav

It's a farce.

I'm all for devloping countires to be given a shot at the world cup but a bloated super power like Russia has nothing to offer.

The distances are ridiculous - dwarfing Australia and the USA. Visitors face a huge amount of red tape and that's even before we look at finer details such as flight connections beyond Moscow/St Petersburg and affordable accomodation.

Qatar is even worse. Playing football in a desert at the height of summer. Stupidest decision ever made. Shameful. They may have brand new indoor, air conditioned prefab stadia but whose going to fill them.

Rio is going to be the last decent world cup for a long, long time.