watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker set to continue with Mitrovic as lone striker

Started by rebel, October 30, 2020, 07:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I love Parkers comment ""I think we're playing to his strengths. We're number one in the league for crosses from open play. In the sense of getting the ball in the box we're certainly doing that." Has he been watching our games this season, how many crosses have been decent and as for playing to his strengths (lol), glad we haven´t been exposing his weaknesses. Tripe!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tempest

Because he has soooo many other options.......

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Dawns scones

Of course, to have a partner there has to be someone who can pick up the pieces.
Who's that?
RLC? Decordova-Reid?
In the cold light of day, I don't think Parker has a a lot of choices.

ScalleysDad

Come Monday bedtime this could be a very smart move. Mitrovic is the type of player who needs a bit of love and in saying, I paraphrase, "he's my man", SP might have just relit the fire under his backside.

keithh

70sPimlico

Quote from: davew on October 30, 2020, 09:08:52 AM
I love Parkers comment ""I think we're playing to his strengths. We're number one in the league for crosses from open play. In the sense of getting the ball in the box we're certainly doing that." Has he been watching our games this season, how many crosses have been decent and as for playing to his strengths (lol), glad we haven´t been exposing his weaknesses. Tripe!!
I think even Mitro would admit that, penalty miss aside, he probably would have been expected to convert 2 to 3 other chances that he has had. He's had a few (by his standards) sitters that he has not converted.

I think the Palace game really exposed Mitro's lack of service but, honestly, I'd heard about Palace's tactics but it was quite amazing to see them in action.

I think when Lookman & RLC find their feet and it will be soon, they are going to take a huge chunk of attention off Mitro. I think we're going in right direction

davew

Quote from: 70sPimlico on October 30, 2020, 06:09:37 PM
Quote from: davew on October 30, 2020, 09:08:52 AM
I think even Mitro would admit that, penalty miss aside, he probably would have been expected to convert 2 to 3 other chances that he has had. He's had a few (by his standards) sitters that he has not converted.

I think the Palace game really exposed Mitro's lack of service but, honestly, I'd heard about Palace's tactics but it was quite amazing to see them in action.

I think when Lookman & RLC find their feet and it will be soon, they are going to take a huge chunk of attention off Mitro. I think we're going in right direction
Agreed, the next 2 games will show us if we are in fact going in the right direction, I hope you are right! I have certainly enjoyed part of the last couple of performances but obviously not the results, all will be revealed soon.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Of course it would be wrong for Parker to change tactics in a big way but we do need to get the ball in thhe bix earlierso some small changes are perhaps needed.
More important of course is we need Mitro back on form, a couple of goals from him last week and things would be looking different right now.

Mr K.Dilkington

Gotta make runs closer to him and from central midfield then.
Plus he's gotta fugging hold the ball up 98% better.
Also 100% he can no longer stand still. It doesn't fly in this league.
Foolish ham