watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watching Torquay on bt sport .....

Started by ron, October 31, 2020, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Got strong ties and a soft spot for Torquay..... Good to see them doing very well...and watching a proper striker doing his job in Wright. 2 goals at Hartlepool already!

Mince n Tatties

And our own Gary Johnson as manager....Top of league at moment.

SP

For me, this is by far the best away weekend regardless of the result.

bog

Quote from: SP on October 31, 2020, 06:57:06 PM

Even when we lost 2-1 when 91st and they were 92nd! I saw some of their game tonight and they looked a good side.

092.gif

res

Quote from: bog on October 31, 2020, 09:05:36 PM

Even when we lost 2-1 when 91st and they were 92nd! I saw some of their game tonight and they looked a good side.

092.gif

We weren't that good .....we lost 3-1,not 2-1.Those were the days, enjoyed them for some reason.

SP

The year Udo (I think) scored an unlikely winner we were camping down there & were on a very tight budget, got to the ground & it was kids for a quid which freed up the grand sum of about £6 for more of the local pasties etc.  Very different times back then but I know which I prefer.

bog

Sorry to be pedantic but it was 2-1. Mike Conroy for us. We support through thick and thin, I think that result was the thinnest I have ever known.  :dft001:

092.gif

res

Quote from: bog on November 01, 2020, 11:30:05 AM
Sorry to be pedantic but it was 2-1. Mike Conroy for us. We support through thick and thin, I think that result was the thinnest I have ever known.  :dft001:

092.gif

You're correct. Got confused with a 3-1 defeat at Plainmoor in 1970, George Johnston scored our goal, but we were awful. Didn't go to the 2-1 defeat which put us to the precipice of bottom place in the league.

AJW48361

Doing a good job there! his a decent manager.

WindyCity

I have a particular soft spot for Torquay as well.  Where herds of wildebeest sweep majestically..............

bog

Quote from: WindyCity on November 01, 2020, 03:39:48 PM
I have a particular soft spot for Torquay as well.  Where herds of wildebeest sweep majestically..............

'Is this a piece of your brain?'   You can quote that programme like Shakespeare.  'I know nothing'

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: WindyCity on November 01, 2020, 03:39:48 PM

What do you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel window Sidney Opera House.🤗

bog

'He's from Barcelona....in Sssspain.'

092.gif

WindyCity

Birdbrain!  Birdbrain?.......Fishwife!.......Small...Fly! Fly! Flying Tart!............................Dragonfly!