watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well theyve done it - History is in the making

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 01, 2020, 08:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Tuesday 03 November 2020 at 19:45.... Wimbledon will be playing football at Plough Lane.... unbelievable story.... hope Fulham play them soon in the League - how the hell have they done it..... Good luck A Fans Club Wimbledon

bog

A phenomenal story of fans' refusal to let their club die. Massive pity no fans will be there.

092.gif

AJW48361

In the 80s we almost moved in and shared with Wimbledon at Plough Lane.One of our great former players working with a former owner( not so great)had a vision of  closing Craven Cottage for Housing Development.Hopefully the Wimbledon journey will be successful and they remain at their new  home like us at  CC for many years.

sunburywhite

With the death of retail, can we expect Westfield being pulled down and a dog track go up there with Speedway racing as well?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 01, 2020, 09:15:11 AM
With the death of retail, can we expect Westfield being pulled down and a dog track go up there with Speedway racing as well?

Be an improvement on going shopping at Westfield (at least in my book).

filham

Tremendous recovery by Wimbledon fans, just a shame the fans will miss the big occasion.

bobbo

Great story , got to hand it to the fans never say die attitude. Very happy for them.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

The last update I heard a while back suggested there was a sizeable hole in their funding, anyone know how they addressed this?

Steven Ageroad

Have you been to Plough Lane recently. I'd hate to be driving around there on a real match day, the roads won't be able to cope even with just a few thousand attending and parking is non existent. I'm surprised if the grass on the pitch see's any sunlight with all the flat's built around it.

BUT good luck to them and their loyal followers.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on November 01, 2020, 10:51:23 AM
Tremendous recovery by Wimbledon fans, just a shame the fans will miss the big occasion.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RaySmith

Brilliant!

I remember going to Plough lane when Wimbledon was am amateur/semi pro club in the Isthmian league.

grandad

My late father was the Club doctor when they were in the Southern League. Got free tickets & watched them many times when Fulham were away. Their GK Eddie Reynolds was a groundsman at Wimbledon Park & joined me & my mates for 3 & in. Top bloke.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Stevieboy

I remember going to the Wimbledon v Leeds FA Cup game played at Selhurst Park in front of @45,000 crowd. Deciding goal deflecting off Dave Bassett's backside !!
Wimbledon were non league in those days.

fcfulham55

I know of some Fulham fans that used to support Wimbledon.

Think we could lose a few fans
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Twig on November 01, 2020, 09:17:49 AM
Quote from: sunburywhite on November 01, 2020, 09:15:11 AM

Be an improvement on going shopping at Westfield (at least in my book).

Agreed. Decent food though.