https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 2-0 WBA

Started by Milo, November 02, 2020, 07:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bencher on November 02, 2020, 08:11:41 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 02, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
Best game this season...and really...best overall performance since we smacked Millwall last season.

We didn't look slow on the pitch. 

BDR instead of RLC was a great move.

Good job Scott.

On paper a very odd move dropping RLC for BDR but a masterstroke. He must have seen something in training.

I'm unclear why Lemina came off at half time though. The offal report says nothing of a knock.
Watch all of RLCs games since he returned. He's been ineffective. Work rate isn't consistently high enough. Doesn't effect games...

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on November 02, 2020, 09:00:20 PM
WBA looked pretty toothless. I suspect three more points up for grabs against West Ham however Everton et al will be tough.

It depends on whether we can build up confidence and some form in these few games prior to the big teams.
West Ham are playing good ball this season. Could be another Crystal Palace for us. We're easily under dogs against them.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

sunburywhite

Best game this season...and really...best overall performance since we smacked Millwall last season.

Good job Scott.

On paper a very odd move dropping RLC for BDR but a masterstroke. He must have seen something in training.

I'm unclear why Lemina came off at half time though. The offal report says nothing of a knock.

Slight tweak of the hamstring
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SuffolkWhite

Good win listend to GJ and will watch the game tomorrow. Great to have BDR and RLC in the squad!!!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Out of the bottom 3
Top of our mini league
Nil goals conceded
That'll do for me Tommy
For the moment anyway
Well done the whole team
COYW!!

Sgt Fulham

Cairney was at his beautiful best today, superb performance. We looked like a team that belongs in the Premier League, and really it was an easy victory in the end. Tougher matches will come, but if we approach them in the same way then we can start picking up points and at least giving it a go at staying up. Great performance today from all.

RoyTund

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 02, 2020, 09:20:52 PM

Good job Scott.

The most impressive thing was we could be cautious with lemina and could bring on a player with the quality of Reed. Thought he had a very good game tonight too. Competion.

Steven Ageroad

FFC1987

Quote from: RoyTund on November 02, 2020, 09:30:17 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on November 02, 2020, 09:20:52 PM

Good job Scott.

The most impressive thing was we could be cautious with lemina and could bring on a player with the quality of Reed. Thought he had a very good game tonight too. Competion.

Agreed. If I'm honest, I'm still Lemina over Reed but that's not a complaint or criticism on Reed. Lemina was just best player on field first half for me. His dribbling ability just reminded me of Dembele carrying that ball forward.

blingo

Lets not get too carried away. Improvement yes, but was it because we didn't fear West Brom? Another championship side. We need to build on tonights very good but not excellent performance. They should have scored at least one. We have to approach games without fear or giving the other team too much respect. We have to believe. Is SP the person to do that? Im sorry but I still have my doubts. BUT, well done tonight.

Milo

Quote from: blingo on November 02, 2020, 09:50:04 PM
Lets not get too carried away. Improvement yes, but was it because we didn't fear West Brom? Another championship side. We need to build on tonights very good but not excellent performance. They should have scored at least one. We have to approach games without fear or giving the other team too much respect. We have to believe. Is SP the person to do that? Im sorry but I still have my doubts. BUT, well done tonight.

Very true

Tabby

The big difference to me was that the ball was played forward instead of being passed between the CB's and the DM.

Statto

They should have scored at least one.

But we "should have" scored 4.

Would 4-1 have been a worse result?

hopper

Bar the Grant chance I don't remember another one for WBA? I still have doubts over Parker, but both seasons he has shown an ability to learn and keep team harmony during difficult periods which bodes well. In previous campaigns the wheels have fallen off in a big way, don't see that happening this year under Parker.

Sinjun

My man of the match, the Bugler. Another superb performance like last year. If only the team were as consistent.

Nero

Quote from: Sinjun on November 02, 2020, 10:34:26 PM
My man of the match, the Bugler. Another superb performance like last year. If only the team were as consistent.

Be fair the time can muster 1 good performance a year

clarkey

Most encouraging sign was that for the first time in 18 months Parker finally dispensed with the inverted useless wingers.4/3/3 is def. the way to go, get two players around Mitro (Bobby and Lookman) and there is threat and guile and support with the skill of Cairney who was superb. He was liberated.

The idiotic thing is Parker could have done this from the off, we need to score goals and with Cav and AK out on the wings there was no chance.

In 5 minutes on the pitch BTW Cav gave it away four times and conceded two free kicks. He needs shipping out.ASAP.

colinwhite

Comical that people think they have more football nous than Parker. Embarrassing actually

RaySmith

Quote from: clarkey on November 03, 2020, 05:32:20 AM
Most encouraging sign was that for the first time in 18 months Parker finally dispensed with the inverted useless wingers.4/3/3 is def. the way to go, get two players around Mitro (Bobby and Lookman) and there is threat and guile and support with the skill of Cairney who was superb. He was liberated.

The idiotic thing is Parker could have done this from the off, we need to score goals and with Cav and AK out on the wings there was no chance.

In 5 minutes on the pitch BTW Cav gave it away four times and conceded two free kicks. He needs shipping out.ASAP.

As soon as Cav came on, he  became involved in defending, stemming a West brom attack, which was presumably his role, and also as  an outlet for  breaking forward.
Yes,  his committed tackle was deemed a foul, but when I saw  a West Brom  attacker waltz past two Fulham players  on the by-line in the first half, I wished the one outside the area, had made some effort to stop him, even if he  did give away a free kick.
But we generally defended far better than  we have been.

But,  you still see  fit to abuse Parker, and  some of the Fulham squad, after such an improved all round  performance,  from a team still bedding in together, and , crucially , our first win of the season.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on November 03, 2020, 05:48:39 AM
Comical that people think they have more football nous than Parker. Embarrassing actually

Not really, maybe Parker hadn't identified Parkerball yet, maybe he has now. 'Tunnel vision' is losing perspective on things because you believe in something so much, that you see only what you want to see.