watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 2-0 WBA

Started by Milo, November 02, 2020, 07:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

agree with Statto. We have changed our tactics on numerous occasions depending on who has been available to play. People want to simplify that because it suits there agenda.
It all comes down to personel. Had we tried to play the way we did yesterday in the opening game ,Arsenal would have put even more goals past us. Both our centre backs are now capable of playing long ,accurate passes and our midfielders turning over teams. That has been the case before ,at leastParker clearly hasnt thought that.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2020, 01:15:04 PM

It was hardly an "admission", nor a fundamental change in tactics. We basically just showed a bit more confidence and guile going forward. It was still a possession-based game focused on short passing, building out slowly from the back etc. Had we not been winning for 3/4 of the game I'm sure we'd have had 60%+ possession as usual.

I think this is an important point, we have spent most of the season losing so our possession stats are likely inflated by opponents sitting back and letting us have the ball, and defending a lead.

whoscored says we had 50% possession until the first goal and 43% thereafter, I think game states are a big factor in our possession numbers this year!