watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 2-0 WBA

Started by Milo, November 02, 2020, 07:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Thought we won the game in midfield with Cairney, Anguissa etc retaining possession well.

Lookman and Robinson a constant threat down the left.

Mitrovic a pivot when needed.

Back four rarely troubled. Can't pass judgement on Anderson yet..

Neutral Zone Ultra

Can't say how happy I am that we've won with a clean sheet

Tabby

Don't remember Areola having to make a save other than a mishit cross. By far the best defensive display so far.

Also Mitro looks like he is back and motivated. Two assists and love to see him celebrate winning a throw in.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Tabby on November 02, 2020, 07:32:02 PM
Don't remember Areola having to make a save other than a mishit cross. By far the best defensive display so far.

Also Mitro looks like he is back and motivated. Two assists and love to see him celebrate winning a throw in.
I think he must have been watching the rugby guys winning turnovers at the weekend.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

colinwhite

when the pressure is really on his team always delivers. Great performance tonight and we looked solid and well organised . We can stay up with this team. Fantastic to see the work put in by the whole team ,but TC played the best I have ever seen him and Mitro fought and fought all night!

rebel

As I've been saying, Mitro should be getting a load more assists, if your not scoring, get the team scoring. A much better performance from him. Rarely lost the ball today, probably because everything wasn't going through him.

We mixed it up, weren't one dimensional, played some slick football, defended as a team.

Milo

Ps I'm glossing over the Anguissa first half loose touches!

Denver Fulham

Plenty to continue to improve/tighten up on, and plenty to be happy about.

We needed that. Great win. On to Saturday.

VamosFFC

Anguissa and Cairney bossing the midfield. Such a pleasure to watch their technical play. Also, Lemina had a great first half and BDR had great game too!

Lighthouse

Weird that before we scored it looked as if it was going to be the usual display. They hit the woodwork. We looked disjointed. Then we scored and for the most part looked so much better. Still some silly mistakes. But still. Very weird this game of football lark. Let's hope this gives us confidence.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

All lst season when the pressure was on after defeat the team bounced back as well as delivering unfancied in the play-offs. Forgotten al that already ?

Caedal

I felt we played alot more direct tonight that we have done, probably helped by Cairney being in the higher position and seemingly told to be more progressive. Also helped that the back 4 looked very solid.

Caedal

We definitely have the squad to stay up. There is quality quite clearly there (despite the flack that the recruitment gets). The back 4 has been significantly improved. Lookman is very dangerous. Lemina looks a excellent player.

Its only really RLC thats disappointed out of the players we've brought in

colinwhite

Agreed ,but the team produced the performance after alot of disappointment when last time around we would have crumbled.

fulhamben

well its about time..... finally we have a win under our belts, and i thought we played really well. anderson and tosin looked solid together which is fantastic as it was only their first game playing together. aina may never score a better goal again, even if he plays for another 20 years. robinson was up and down for the entire game, and was his best performance to date imo.  lemina was dominating the middle and must of had a knock, as you wouldnt have made that sub as a tactical decision. reed came on and played we like we know he can. bobby reid took his goal well and should have scored another, but was a threat all game. lookman is lookman, consistantly good, and i dont say this lightly, but he is the new boa morte.  Mitrovic got as many assists tonight as did for the whole of last season. ive been waiting for him to add this to hid game. that just leaves tom and zambo. these two absolutely bossed the midfield and were gliding past players like they wernt even there. cant wait to see the stats for how many successful dribbles they had each, and i want to see a lot more of it.. we look so much better for abandoning parker ball and giving the players freedom to express themselves, hopefully fulham and parker have turned a corner, coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Superb and so much energy
I have no idea how many times we rushed and harried them to get the ball back.

Genuine desire to win
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

Quote from: Caedal on November 02, 2020, 07:41:57 PM
We definitely have the squad to stay up. There is quality quite clearly there (despite the flack that the recruitment gets). The back 4 has been significantly improved. Lookman is very dangerous. Lemina looks a excellent player.

Its only really RLC thats disappointed out of the players we've brought in
rlc just needs some time, as on paper he is arguably our best player. if he can get back to the form that got him into the england squad, then he will be a massive player for us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 02, 2020, 07:36:46 PM
Weird that before we scored it looked as if it was going to be the usual display. They hit the woodwork. We looked disjointed. Then we scored and for the most part looked so much better. Still some silly mistakes. But still. Very weird this game of football lark. Let's hope this gives us confidence.

The last word of your post explains the rest. It's all about confidence - the goal gave us confidence and we relaxed and we played to a higher standard. Roll on West Ham who we shouldn't be scared of. They are playing well but not that well.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on November 02, 2020, 07:38:30 PM
All lst season when the pressure was on after defeat the team bounced back as well as delivering unfancied in the play-offs. Forgotten al that already ?

Parker's big problem is continuity, most managers would build on that display, what will Parker do? return to his favoured Parkerball or keep a promising effort going building on it.

keithh

Great result. Some really impressive ball play. Yes, we tried to give them a couple of chances but they were not up to the job. Liked the growing Lookman/Robinson partnership, nearly there lads. Liked Lemina but we didn't quite look the same when he went off. Could not believe how many times we didn't pass the backwards. Enjoyed the game; even when we switched off occasionally we managed to recover the situation.