watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe Tony Khan deserves some praise ?

Started by Riversider, November 03, 2020, 02:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

IMO the transfer window was poor and the last minute panic to get center backs was a fiasco. however the two that played on Monday do look good. this is as much luck as judgement because my understanding was that until we let in so many goals TK was sitting on his hands and not bothering. Also he does love a crocked center back, and by this I mena kongolo who is a good player as was alfie, but we have signed another that is unlikely to play because he is still injured from before. that is crazy, as was keeping him the 25 man squad which you have to wonder whose idea that was because as he is injured he could have stayed in the place until fit and be included at christmas.

regarding attacking options, we have none and that is totally unforgiveable.

so all in all poor. due to the fact this is the second attempt to assemble a squad and lessons have not been learned. the PR video is good, he is very good at saying nothing worth hearing.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on October 09, 2020, 12:42:09 PM
do I now think our problems are over in defence, sorry, but no I don't.

...3 matches later...

Quote from: Riversider on November 06, 2020, 11:30:02 PM
The one thing that can't be in dispute is the fact that you would have to go back donkeys years to find a defensive squad as deep with as much quality as this one,

jayffc

Quote from: ALG01 on November 07, 2020, 12:48:00 AM
IMO the transfer window was poor and the last minute panic to get center backs was a fiasco. however the two that played on Monday do look good. this is as much luck as judgement because my understanding was that until we let in so many goals TK was sitting on his hands and not bothering. Also he does love a crocked center back, and by this I mena kongolo who is a good player as was alfie, but we have signed another that is unlikely to play because he is still injured from before. that is crazy, as was keeping him the 25 man squad which you have to wonder whose idea that was because as he is injured he could have stayed in the place until fit and be included at christmas.

regarding attacking options, we have none and that is totally unforgiveable.

so all in all poor. due to the fact this is the second attempt to assemble a squad and lessons have not been learned. the PR video is good, he is very good at saying nothing worth hearing.

What other than your clear bias for it to be the case, do you present as evidence that Tony was "sitting around on his hands until we started conceding loads of goals."

According to every interview with the club this is nonsense. TK and SP both acknowledged the need for defensive signings after the playoffs and in their interviews recently + according to rumours in papers we were in for numerous CB's and nearly signed a couple of them earlier in the window but 2 incoming players (if I remember rightly) caught covid and so the deals didnt go through... it's pretty obvious he was working on those deals from early on, who knows how many enquiries were made...even in his recent interview he mentioned all along he was talking to Chelsea about loaning a CB but they threw RLC into the mix as an option last minute. In fact even in this interview he states he was keen on Joachim from the beginning but it didnt seem like his team were going to let him go out on loan which suggests he had enquired from way before signing him...hardly sat on his hands is it. Honestly the blinkers are so real.

Least we forget early on he also brought in Tete and Aina + Robinson so clearly the defensive was a priority all along so let's stop making stuff up with absolutely zero inside info that backs it up when everything the club has said on the matter very publically has been to the contrary.

You might bemoan that we didnt sign those players until too late in the window for your liking...but suggesting he was sitting on his hands is just so evidently contrary to every official report and interview we have seen on the matter.

For all you think hes good at saying nothing worth hearing, you're extremely good at not listening to anything that might not back up your point of view. So as I say that, I wonder why I'm even bothering to respond.

You dont have to like him, or you can ignore the reasons why and just be annoyed we didnt get CBs in sooner....but dont make up stuff with not basis for the claim.

Arthur

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2020, 01:54:18 AM
We have to amortise 12.5% of Seri's transfer fee for half a season as we didn't sell him, but if we sell him we have to amortise 50% of the fee.

But this would be partly offset by the money we receive from his sale. Were we to have sold him for, say, £6M (a not unrealistic figure in my opinion), we would have been left with 25% to amortise.

Jim©

Quote from: Riversider on November 06, 2020, 11:30:02 PM
The one thing that can't be in dispute is the fact that you would have to go back donkeys years to find a defensive squad as deep with as much quality as this one,
And as for that midfield with Anguissa,  Lemina and Loftus-cheek,  wow there's some quality there,
Tony Khan has given us every chance to stay up this season and we've still got a number of players to come back ,
Some people should be more accepting , enjoy the moment and relax,
We've had a better window than Burnley, WBA and Sheff Utd have had, but were miles behind two thirds of the division,  though I'm now confident we can spring the occasional surprise this season ,
Let's not get too low when we lose or two high when we win, we can definitely do this,
COYSW

You nail it for me, just saved me typing all of that!