more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the upside...

Started by Skatzoffc, November 07, 2020, 10:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Best we've played this season imo.

If we pick the games we can win and play with that level of skill and endeavour we are staying up.

I would say 14th in the table.

A hell of a lot worse teams than us in this division.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Big T

I agree there's a good team in their that's starting to shine through

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 07, 2020, 10:20:12 PM
Best we've played this season imo.

If we pick the games we can win and play with that level of skill and endeavour we are staying up.

I would say 14th in the table.

A hell of a lot worse teams than us in this division.

Coyw!

Yeah, we look a decent side now. We can stay up.

Plodder

The upside is that no professional player will ever again try to showboat with a panenka for a crucial penalty

brightster

100% agree, we look more solid at the back and dominating the midfield, just need to get the ball in the box quicker.

Skatzoffc

Can never understand"fans"slagging their own players.

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Coyw!

Sgt Fulham

I don't think we played that well. We are no longer beaten before we step on to the pitch which is nice, and our defence (especially Areola) had a good game for the most part. We had a few good patches in the first half without really threatening. Second half we offered next to nothing and eventually got punished. West Ham deserved 1 point but we would have been getting the better deal had we drawn. Onwards and upwards. Anything can happen in football, and I expect to at least give Everton a game.

HV71

I thought we were good tonight. Defence is so much better Midfield is strong ( Reed did incredibly well as a replacement) upfront we just needs but more fire power

Jamie88

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 07, 2020, 10:34:39 PM

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Coyw!

I'm sure if you really try, you can understand why most of us are a bit pissed off at Lookman's decision to do what he did. He certainly wasn't thinking as a team player then

andyk

I am much more confident tonight than I was after the Sheff Utd game.  This was a good solid Prem team, on their own patch.
They got lucky.  A dodgy offside goal then that penalty.
But, overall, we looked well organised, difficult break down and we have a goal scoring threat.  That's the very definition of a team that avoids relegation.

Herbie

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Coyw!

Yes, if the keeper had saved a decent shot, or even if he missed the target, I agree with you.  However, when someone makes a totally unnecessary mistake like that, then they deserve to get the heat for it. 

hovewhite

We have enough to stay up.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 07, 2020, 10:47:31 PM

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Coyw!

I'm sure if you really try, you can understand why most of us are a bit pissed off at Lookman's decision to do what he did. He certainly wasn't thinking as a team player then

I dont need to "really try". Grow up.

I understand people are p'd off.
But nothing good comes from slagging your own players.

Get behind the team.
A good performance
An undeserved result.

He shouldn't be taking the pen at all imo.

Arthur

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 07, 2020, 11:13:31 PM
I understand people are p'd off.
But nothing good comes from slagging your own players.

If we were in the stadium I would agree. But it's not surprising that supporters would express their frustration on a forum in the immediate aftermath of the game. Your comment will be more appropriately timed if there are those still having a go at him in a few days' time.

Skatzoffc

Whatever floats your boat I guess.
It's called an opinion.

I give up sometimes

Arthur

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 07, 2020, 11:30:35 PM
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
It's called an opinion.

I give up sometimes

I'm not one of those laying into Lookman. And I do think some of the posts are heavy-handed. But I certainly didn't expect to come on here after the game and find that no one was critical of Lookman for his choice of penalty. This is my opinion - different to yours. If you feel my allowance for others' frustration is so disappointing as to make you give up, in spite of my basically agreeing with you... well, that's up to you.

Statto

Quote from: andyk on November 07, 2020, 10:49:03 PM
I am much more confident tonight than I was after the Sheff Utd game.  This was a good solid Prem team, on their own patch.
They got lucky.  A dodgy offside goal then that penalty.
But, overall, we looked well organised, difficult break down and we have a goal scoring threat.  That's the very definition of a team that avoids relegation.

Spot on

Can't believe the negativity from a few on here tonight

Woolly Mammoth

It is not so much negativity but constructive criticism of one of the most pathetic penalty attempts I have ever had the misfortune to witness. A last kick of the match, a decisive possibility of an important equaliser and a rare point, and the brains of a rocking horse earning a fortune for doing something he enjoys decides to be flash when you only have to put your foot through it and leather it.
I could forgive him if the keeper made a decent save or he hits the woodwork or even blasts it wide, or if we were 3 0 up, but to do what he did is for bell ends.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: hovewhite on November 07, 2020, 11:01:03 PM

We still haven't played Leicester, Everton, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or City

SG

Quote from: FFC In Oz on November 08, 2020, 01:54:00 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 07, 2020, 11:01:03 PM

We still haven't played Leicester, Everton, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or City

We may stay up but only because three other clubs have had an equally appalling start to the season and yes I know that's all we need. Looked at rationally we have 11 games against the big 6, add in say Leicester and that's 13 games where we will probably get nothing, leaving us 17 games to pick 33/34 points. We need to win 11 of the 17 winnable games. Put like that I think we will struggle to stay up. That is why blowing so many winnable games early on is so frustrating and then peeing away a point last night makes me furious. I couldn't sleep last night when I went to bed I was so annoyed. Even now 8 hours later I'm still livid. God only knows what his team mates and manager had to say. As many have said penalties are saved or blasted over, it happens, but that was just plain ridiculous