Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 09:52:31 AM
Quote from: alfie on November 08, 2020, 09:45:22 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2020, 11:33:34 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:35:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2020, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:25:39 PM
There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)
who given up, just realistically pointing out that the top 6 and arsenal will beat us comfortably
Well Ben that is something you cannot know, using the word "realistically" does not make it a fact.
There are no certainties that we will win or lose any game.

erm thats why i used the word realistically
The point still remains that you have said "the top 6 and Arsenal will beat us comfortably" I think the word "should" not "will"  maybe would be better.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 08, 2020, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 09:02:54 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 08, 2020, 08:54:47 AM
There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)
who given up, just realistically pointing out that the top 6 and arsenal will beat us comfortably

I do not think all the top six will beat us. I believe we can get results against any club. Of course the evidence suggests on paper that you could be indeed correct.
But we will improve and should turn out to be a hard nut to crack providing we don't make a habit of missing too many penalties.
I do agree that against some teams so far we should have already doubled our points total, but we are not a push over anymore like a couple seasons ago.
There are still enough matches to keep above at least three others before the end of the season injuries permitting.
The target by the new year should be no lower than 17th.
If we do happen to fail comfortably against the big boys between now and the new year, then I may or may not change my tune and commence pacing round the room.
However, I do not think any result is a dead cert, the current problem is picking up the odd point or three on a more regular basis.
I will probably give us 20 matches before starting to polish off all my impressive stock of Captain Morgan's Rum.
My only real concern is where the goals will come from unless there is a cunning plan during the January window.

well we will know soon enough. We play 3 of them and Everton in our next 4 games. I predict 0 wins out of that and a new manager as not even Klopp survives one win in thirteen.

Hmmm that's a tough four games.
So I will predict we will lose only one, win one and draw two.
If you are indeed correct and we come out of those 4 matches looking beaten up. I cannot see any change of manager as nobody decent will want the job. It's a poisoned chalice with the owners son interfering in football matters and recruitment.
Therefore, we will have to make sure we are no lower than 17th by the new year to avoid the dreaded catch up and relying far too much on other teams failing to win the points they need.
Otherwise it is plan E, and I hope they already have that in place which is to raid the transfer window with targets already lined up who can win games for us, as well as save games.
Otherwise we are Doomed and we will get relegated for the third time since the owners son has been interfering.
Although despite him I think Scott will manage the players he has well enough to finish above three other teams, although I admit we may need another striker to boost the ranks.
5 points would be an unbelievable return from those four games. lets hope you are right wooly
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on November 08, 2020, 10:00:57 AM

Well Ben that is something you cannot know, using the word "realistically" does not make it a fact.

The point still remains that you have said "the top 6 and Arsenal will beat us comfortably" I think the word "should" not "will"  maybe would be better.

stand by it. they will comfortably beat us. 

filham

Where there is life there is hope.
We showed plenty of life last night so there is hope but we do need to improve our strike rate.
Mitro, Lookman , Cairney and Reid all have to do better in front of goal.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 10:04:58 AM

Ok fair enough, I really hope you are wrong though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on November 08, 2020, 12:14:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 10:04:58 AM

Ok fair enough, I really hope you are wrong though.

so do I, I want us to win every single match

Fulham Joe

We'll stay up easily. You want to make some money, lay Fulham on Betfair to finish rock bottom, that ain't going to happen.

WindyCity

Quote from: Only Me on November 07, 2020, 10:22:41 PM
No way are we going to stay up

A real kick in the gut loss for sure v WHU.  Should have managed a point.  But the poor start notwithstanding, I think FFC has a fair chance of staying up.  And believe me, I'm no Billy Mumphrey cockeyed optimist.  I've been quite critical of some FFC play so far this season, and last.  For example, in yesterdays' WHU game, and I like BDR, but he once again showed an inability to 'finish'.  He had an excellent chance to score late and give FFC the lead, but he just struck the ball right into the keepers' belly. 

I think FFC is becoming much stronger defensively, and that's a big improvement.  We have still a few key players injured and awaiting return.  Yes, we still need to do more offensively, but we are getting some chances, not a lot, but some, with the likes of Lookman, Anguissa, BDR and a few others providing opportunities.  We may look to acquire a strong forward in January.  Anyway, although the WHU game was a disappointment, a point would have been a fair and welcome result.  And FFC did play very well up until the last moments keeping a clean sheet.

jarv

Playing good football. Defence much better now. Need another striker (obviously). Need some decent referees, some horrible decisions against us this season. I watch every game and quite optimistic still.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: jarv on November 08, 2020, 04:14:56 PM
Playing good football. Defence much better now. Need another striker (obviously). Need some decent referees, some horrible decisions against us this season. I watch every game and quite optimistic still.
very true! I'm still very hopeful for 17th. need striker in january...it's a must now
Foolish ham