watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ollie Watkins

Started by South Coast White, November 08, 2020, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Showing the quality we all knew he had....except our DOF that is.

colham

Wasn't he overpriced a couple of months back?

SP

I don't think he'd have signed for us even if we could've afforded him?

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: colham on November 08, 2020, 09:13:45 PM
Wasn't he overpriced a couple of months back?
lol people did say that. I wanted wilson,king or watkins and we got nobody lol.
Wilson and watkins proven to be astute signings thus far
Foolish ham

rebel

Have to say Arsenal are a total disaster. Once one of Europe's elite, no longer.

70sPimlico

Quote from: South Coast White on November 08, 2020, 09:12:28 PM
Showing the quality we all knew he had....except our DOF that is.

I reckon our DOF knows more about him than you do

Somerset Fulham

Oh turn it in.

It's tedious.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 08, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
Oh turn it in.

It's tedious.

I replied to the 10000th post taking a swipe at our owner, kinda pointing out how ridiculous the continual swiping is.

It's probably the 3rd time I've done that in 3 years.

Whitestone

I'm pretty sure our DOF just like the rest of us was aware of Watkins quality. Just as a reminder Mitro pipped him for the Golden Boot last season. I'm getting bored with these continual snipes at TK.

Statto

No amount of wins for them will change my view that player-for-player they're not much, if any, better than us. Watkins vs. Mitrovic being an example - agree with the sentiment above about Mitro outscoring him. Cannot believe some of the results they're getting at the moment...

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: 70sPimlico on November 08, 2020, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 08, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
Oh turn it in.

It's tedious.

I replied to the 10000th post taking a swipe at our owner, kinda pointing out how ridiculous the continual swiping is.

It's probably the 3rd time I've done that in 3 years.

Apologies, my post was aimed at the OP.  I am totally in agreement with you!

Jimsbeerbelly

For the record, we was in for Watkins, he was one of Parker's 3 main targets, was keen to remain in London, even though he'd played under Smith at Brentford. Parker was told no, club wasn't committed to spend that type of money.

No, I won't reveal my sources, yes, it's reliable, call me a WUM all you like, not here to purposely lie.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on November 08, 2020, 11:14:31 PM
For the record, we was in for Watkins, he was one of Parker's 3 main targets, was keen to remain in London, even though he'd played under Smith at Brentford. Parker was told no, club wasn't committed to spend that type of money.

No, I won't reveal my sources, yes, it's reliable, call me a WUM all you like, not here to purposely lie.
I would never dream of questioning a fellow fan.

The club wanted Watkins

Scott Parker Wanted Watkins

Watkins didn't want to move out of his house

Watkins played for Dean Smith - (In truth, that's hardly a smoking gun)

Someone said no to Scott

Same someone said we don't want to spend that much

When you put that all together, that's pretty heavy stuff. I'm no Columbo but my first guess, assuming you haven't killed your wife (Thats a Columbo joke) is that your mate is Jim Woodcock. I know you werent inviting guesses. But, that's mine.

BarryP

Scott has said Fulham didn't have the money to spend like in other windows but sometimes it seems like people just don't want to accept that is a true statement . In this COVID world we live in it seems more likely than not to be true to me and the recruitment team chose to spend the funds made available on the defense.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Statto

Quote from: BarryP on November 09, 2020, 03:08:32 AM
Scott has said Fulham didn't have the money to spend like in other windows but sometimes it seems like people just don't want to accept that is a true statement . In this COVID world we live in it seems more likely than not to be true to me and the recruitment team chose to spend the funds made available on the defense.

Agree but it was nothing to do with Covid just the amount TK had already spent in the last couple of years. We have players that cost £60-70m out on loan and in the u23s this season.

fcfulham55

Well done to him, in my opinion he's only going to get better!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Whitestone on November 08, 2020, 10:36:02 PM
I'm pretty sure our DOF just like the rest of us was aware of Watkins quality. Just as a reminder Mitro pipped him for the Golden Boot last season. I'm getting bored with these continual snipes at TK.
:plus one:

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on November 09, 2020, 09:06:10 AM

Agree but it was nothing to do with Covid just the amount TK had already spent in the last couple of years. We have players that cost £60-70m out on loan and in the u23s this season.

That certainly factors into the equation but saying COVID has nothing to do with it is probably not correct . Fulham's revenues and cash flows have definitely been impacted by COVID. There is no chance the projected inflows for 2020 have been met so it is a near certainty that outflows had to be reduced to help compensate for the loss of revenues.  Assuming the wages for players on loan and in the U23s could be swapped out for new player wages to a net of zero there would be transfer fees to pay and you need cash flows to support those fees.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Statto

Quote from: BarryP on November 09, 2020, 03:19:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 09, 2020, 09:06:10 AM

That certainly factors into the equation but saying COVID has nothing to do with it is probably not correct . Fulham's revenues and cash flows have definitely been impacted by COVID. There is no chance the projected inflows for 2020 have been met so it is a near certainty that outflows had to be reduced to help compensate for the loss of revenues.  Assuming the wages for players on loan and in the U23s could be swapped out for new player wages to a net of zero there would be transfer fees to pay and you need cash flows to support those fees.

Gate receipts were less than 8% of our revenue last time we were in the PL. Of course that revenue stream is no longer there, but even that has to be offset against savings from furloughing matchday staff, the £15 PPV money etc. Probably talking about a total impact of a few million quid - maybe revenue is £135m instead of £140m. Doesn't seem a big deal to me. 

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on November 09, 2020, 03:39:05 PM

Gate receipts were less than 8% of our revenue last time we were in the PL. Of course that revenue stream is no longer there, but even that has to be offset against savings from furloughing matchday staff, the £15 PPV money etc. Probably talking about a total impact of a few million quid - maybe revenue is £135m instead of £140m. Doesn't seem a big deal to me.

Anything is possible but I'm skeptical that the impact would be that small.