watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Lady guitarist

Started by bog, November 29, 2020, 09:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Away from football last night on Sky Arts I tuned in part way through of the Eric Clapton guitar get together in 2019. There was this lady playing in a prenominal way. I have never seen her before. She looked to be about 55, does anyone know her name please?

092.gif   

Woolly Mammoth

I did not see it last night but It may have been Sheryl Crow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

You could always rewatch it and try to catch her name
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Thanks. Yes I will see her on catch up. She was brilliant.  :54:

092.gif

Dr Know

Didn't see the programme but was it Bonnie Raitt ?

bog

Quote from: Dr Know on November 29, 2020, 12:53:18 PM
Didn't see the programme but was it Bonnie Raitt ?

Don't know am about to find out.

bog

Go the 'ump. On BT I cannot get last night's show with this lady to play again.... :031:

092.gif

I Ronic

There was a session group in the sixties called the Wrecking crew they had a bass guitarist called Carol Kaye. Glen Campbell was also part of the set up and a really exceptional guitarist till they discovered he could sing.
Here's what Wiki has to say about her.
She is one of the most prolific recorded bass guitarists in rock and pop music, playing on an estimated 10,000 recordings in a career spanning over 50 years. 

sunburywhite

Quote from: bog on November 29, 2020, 04:43:01 PM
Go the 'ump. On BT I cannot get last night's show with this lady to play again.... :031:

092.gif

Check Sky Go
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 29, 2020, 05:20:55 PM
Quote from: bog on November 29, 2020, 04:43:01 PM

092.gif

Check Sky Go

Thanks will try that.

RaySmith

Haven't seen it, but Bonnie Raitt, as a really good blues guitarist, sounds a good shout, if playing with Eric Clapton.

WhiteJC

gerrys

:
Quote from: RaySmith on November 29, 2020, 09:00:24 PM
Haven't seen it, but Bonnie Raitt, as a really good blues guitarist, sounds a good shout, if playing with Eric Clapton.
:plus one:

bog

Thanks for the replies. I saw that documentary about Carol Kaye, I had never heard of her before, it may have been her. I don't think it was Bonnie.

092.gif   

WhiteJC

bog

No it wasn't Carol. Who was this lady?

092.gif

Colorado White

I'm guessing it was Susan Tedeschi, just because she is a well known blues guitarist and singer. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Ronic

After reading your post I looked up Rolling Stones top 100 guitarist and cross checked them on Spotify. Have to say it was an enjoyable couple of hours. With plenty of "I didn't know that" moments. Four Brits in the top five as well!

sunburywhite

Whats the answer?  Its driving me mad not knowing

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't