watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nottingham Forest Forum...Arter/ Knock.

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 29, 2020, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

After another defeat,some heavy slagging by a few of them.
Arter...What does he do all game Nothing...lol
Knock..Spends half the time bickering at the ref,and when he does get a chance,hits it straight at keeper.
Get shot of them one said,Knock no assists in last 20 Championship games.

Things not working out too well for them then.🤔

bobby01

I thought Christie was solid, knock playing like he was for us, tbf they had one shot on target and that was knock. Arter looked like he needed game time.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Hatch007

The abundance of Forest fans lauding the signing of Knock now understand why the majority of FFC fans were happy to see him leave.

If the commentator was correct he actually said 23 Championship games since Knock recorded an assist. That's half a season. Shocking statistic for a winger.

Can they sign Cav as well? 🙏

Finally, all the Parker out brigade that wanted Hughton in as replacement will grow increasingly defeaning by their silence

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 29, 2020, 03:26:57 PM
The abundance of Forest fans lauding the signing of Knock now understand why the majority of FFC fans were happy to see him leave.

If the commentator was correct he actually said 23 Championship games since Knock recorded an assist. That's half a season. Shocking statistic for a winger.

Finally, all the Parker out brigade that wanted Hughton in as replacement will grow increasingly defeaning by their silence

Precisely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2020, 03:48:47 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on November 29, 2020, 03:26:57 PM

Precisely

👍

filham

Remember how many millions we paid for Knock and then ask if Stats are a safe way of investing in players.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2020, 05:07:43 PM
Remember how many millions we paid for Knock and then ask if Stats are a safe way of investing in players.

Definitely not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Part of the squad that got us promoted.How much is that worth?

Bill2

Heard Knpck had one shot and blasted over the bar, sounds familiar.

bobbo

As I posted the other day says it all knock on the bench.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: bobbo on November 29, 2020, 05:45:43 PM

Since he wasn't on the bench today it seem like it didn't say it all.

perry geyton

Sgt Fulham

What happened to Knockaert? I could have sworn he used to be good, and he's not exactly old.

bobbo

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 29, 2020, 05:53:57 PM

still looking for an argument , try someone else

filham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 29, 2020, 05:29:16 PM
Part of the squad that got us promoted.How much is that worth?
Just as well there were a lot of other players in the promotion squad most of whom performed better than Knock.
Now if you reminded us that Sean Davis contributed to our promotion from three divisions then that would be significant, especially as his transfer fee was about zero.

Sting of the North

Quote from: bobbo on November 29, 2020, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 29, 2020, 05:53:57 PM

still looking for an argument , try someone else

This is a discussion board, in case you missed it, hence discussions shouldn't be such a problem. You said Knockaert being benched said it all, and I disagreed because I believe that a sample of one match does not say it all. You could then have expanded on your view, but instead seem to believe that someone having another opinion is "looking for an argument". Strange behavior in my opinion.

For what it's worth I agree if your argument is that Knockaert hardly seem to be on a hot streak, to put it mildly, but he has started almost all games.

FulhamStu

For a good few year Knockaert was one of the best and most effective players in the championship.  He was actually awarded Championship player of the year one year.  As someone said earlier, he is not old, yet seems to have lost his spark.  It's amazing how players form can rise so far yet drop away so badly.  He does not lack effort but something has gone missing. 

bobbo

Andy S

It could be the coaching that is wrong or what they are asking him to do.

Statto

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 30, 2020, 09:15:17 AM
For a good few year Knockaert was one of the best and most effective players in the championship.  He was actually awarded Championship player of the year one year.  As someone said earlier, he is not old, yet seems to have lost his spark.  It's amazing how players form can rise so far yet drop away so badly.  He does not lack effort but something has gone missing. 

Agree, it happens. I'd argue you could say the same about Stearman, Seri and many others. Hector may go the same way. Ultimately I think every DoF or coach is going to have some players that improve on their watch and some that get worse - what matters is the balance between the two. I don't think Knockaert, on his own, reflects badly on TK or SP but for both of them, he's not the only player they've signed/coached whose career has then gone downhill...