watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds and Bielsa

Started by WestSussexWhite, December 05, 2020, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

I've seen Leeds play many times this year, defensively they are atrocious, they concede so many chances, if it wasn't for their goalkeeper and Chelsea missing chance after chance it could have been a cricket score....yet the pundits won't say anything? I can see Leeds are starting to get found out. Chelsea figured out how to get round their press and there are a few sides that have done it to them.

I really think they will still get dragged into a relegation battle, especially with Bielsa's sides having a history of burning out, they were helped last season by the lockdown, but with an even more condensed schedule and their high intensity. I think they may start to struggle

Statto

Agreed. Could only be Brighton between us and them when this round of matches is done.

That's after they spent £100m and we spent what, £20m?

Dunstable Fulham

I wish our players worked as hard off the ball as they do. I think we have a lot more talent in our team than they do. They just work so much harder than we do.

Radiowhite

I agree, but I also don't like Leeds so I'm biased

WestSussexWhite

I agree they work hard, but we work hard too. I'm convinced they will burn out and then they will have real problems. Theres always 1 newly promoted team that starts well, and it was always going to be Leeds because of the TV pundit love in. I'm still yet to see a pundit really criticise their defending. Despite them conceding almost as many goals as us, plus our defence has got better and theirs hasn't

H4usuallysitting

I've never heard of Leeds's or Bielsa's so I feel I'm adequately enlightened to make a proven & correct statement - you can't deny Leeds's have got 14 point's from 11 games, that makes them superior to teams that have got less than 14 points from 11 games - apart from Scunthorpe's who have 17 points from 14 game's

AJW48361

I think they will stay up mainly because they are well organised and they score goals.

clarkey

Just look at how many chances they made and what attacking options they created. Even against Chelsea. So much superior to what we offered against City. This is about coaching not the individual players, and an attitude. Bielsa is a top coach and he gets the best out of them.Love to see the stats over how much faster and further their players run.Also they set up in a much more disciplined way. They are not the finished article but are closer to it than we are by a country mile.

Moltobueno

It wouldn't be Leeds without doing a Leeds right?

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

WestSussexWhite

Don't get me wrong they started the season well. However, in the last few weeks I feel they have started to be found out, I'm not convinced come the end of the season they will not be in a relegation battle, I think they will be as they give away a lot of chances. There keeper makes a lot of saves

rebel

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 05, 2020, 10:00:02 PM
I've seen Leeds play many times this year, defensively they are atrocious, they concede so many chances, if it wasn't for their goalkeeper and Chelsea missing chance after chance it could have been a cricket score....yet the pundits won't say anything? I can see Leeds are starting to get found out. Chelsea figured out how to get round their press and there are a few sides that have done it to them.

I really think they will still get dragged into a relegation battle, especially with Bielsa's sides having a history of burning out, they were helped last season by the lockdown, but with an even more condensed schedule and their high intensity. I think they may start to struggle

I think I said that a few weeks ago, the table is 'unraveling', Leeds is a side that relies on their fitness levels. It's a 'high energy' game for 90 minutes. You can break them by making them run an extra few miles, test their fitness levels. We did that in the second half against them, they nearly broke, the clock was against us in the end.

Stevieboy

They break very quickly and in numbers, but as we know in this league if the move doesn't end positively then there's a good chance they will be punished.

rebel

Quote from: clarkey on December 06, 2020, 06:25:34 AM
Just look at how many chances they made and what attacking options they created. Even against Chelsea. So much superior to what we offered against City. This is about coaching not the individual players, and an attitude. Bielsa is a top coach and he gets the best out of them.Love to see the stats over how much faster and further their players run.Also they set up in a much more disciplined way. They are not the finished article but are closer to it than we are by a country mile.

They are the only team in the Prem that does 'training drills' at half time.

Nero

Id give them one thing, they attack, yep they lost 2-1 but their fans had hope they could get something, we just got people behind the ball yesterday and that was it didn't close down the city player just stood 2 yards off letting them pass it about, people seem happy we didn't get 5 past us and see that as a positive, anything but fine get behind the ball but then press force them into a mistake then counter. Dont think we wanted to win just not to lose by a handful

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: clarkey on December 06, 2020, 06:25:34 AM

Your wish is my command.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/leeds-in-a-league-of-their-own-when-it-comes-to-sprint-output

Average team sprint distance (to November 16th)
1. Leeds United (England) 2234.3m
2. SL Benfica (Portugal) 2074.1m
3. Rotherham United (England) 2065.6m
4. Barcelona (Spain) 1984.6m
5. KV Oostende (Belgium) 1948.3m
6. AC Milan (Italy) 1940.1m
7. Bayern Munich (Germany) 1883.3m
8. FC Zürich (Switzerland) 1831.4m
9. Heracles Almelo (Holland) 1827.0m
10. Red Bull Salzburg (Austria) 1773.0m

Now I must say, one team in this list seems not like the others  :005:

Bocanegra

Their performances seem to drop traditionally as the season goes on. Will be interesting to see how they do through the Christmas period and into next year. Could definitely see performance levels dropping and more goals being conceded...