watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesse Lingard

Started by LC, December 06, 2020, 02:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

What would you think if we secured his signature come January?

He scored some very important goals for United and a few cup winners if memory serves me correctly.

I think he would be a good addition and I suppose a bit of a RLC type signing. I think he could do a good job on the right hand side for us which we desperately need filling.   

ianthailand

Pub player and he's on 100,000 GBP per week.

hongkongfulham

Not for me personally, never really rated him. On squad is pretty chocka at the minute as it is, would probably only take a good striker at this point.

roberto w6

I asked friends who follow ManU,
Apparently splits opinion but most of the loyalty around him is for the player he used to be a few years ago. Am told that although he can still look a world beater when the team is flying, he is always anonymous when the chips are down. That put me off

Craven Mad

Good player on his day but not sure he's the right player for a relegation scrap.

I reckon he needs to go on loan to somewhere like Everton to get his career back on track

Whitestone

He's a proven Premier League right winger and would be an upgrade on the players we have for that position. In addition to that it seems he's available and we are desperate for some quality wide right. I doubt there'll be many better options for us in the short term so I don't understand the negativity above considering our current situation and to the poster above that called him a pub player that's a ridiculous statement.

Stevieboy

His salary would be through the roof !

Craven Mad

Quote from: Whitestone on December 06, 2020, 09:52:37 AM
He's a proven Premier League right winger and would be an upgrade on the players we have for that position. In addition to that it seems he's available and we are desperate for some quality wide right. I doubt there'll be many better options for us in the short term so I don't understand the negativity above considering our current situation and to the poster above that called him a pub player that's a ridiculous statement.

Very fair comment.

LC

Quote from: Whitestone on December 06, 2020, 09:52:37 AM

This was my thoughts as well.

In terms of players we can bring in we need to be flexible due to our current situation. I would look at him or someone like Xherdan Shaqiri come January as well as a striker

LC

Quote from: ianthailand on December 06, 2020, 05:58:04 AM
Pub player and he's on 100,000 GBP per week.

He's played 24 times for England, scored in 3 finals for United, the FA Cup, League Cup and the Community Shield and also played in the Europa Cup final. I wouldn't call him a pub player. He's also clearly capable of scoring PL goals and is much better than what we currently have in the right hand side.

If we brought him in we would obviously offer less wages but he would get first team football- it depends what the player wants from his career from here on in.. regular football or money- if he joins it will be for the football and that tells me he still has hunger which is why I would look at him come January.

Sgt Fulham

No no no please no. Put this idea away where nobody can ever find it again.

Sammyffc

im a big fan of lingard, on his day he is a very good player.

i think its worth remembering his form dipped massively for united after the diagnosis of his mum. He pretty much had a mental breakdown and had to have his own psychologist etc, whilst supporting his brother, sister and his daughter * all who are children* at the same time due to his mum being terribly sick. If he is back to a good mental state i would have him in a heart beat, however if not then its best to avoid and let him get the help needed

Craven Mad

Quote from: Sammyffc on December 06, 2020, 06:24:05 PM
im a big fan of lingard, on his day he is a very good player.

i think its worth remembering his form dipped massively for united after the diagnosis of his mum. He pretty much had a mental breakdown and had to have his own psychologist etc, whilst supporting his brother, sister and his daughter * all who are children* at the same time due to his mum being terribly sick. If he is back to a good mental state i would have him in a heart beat, however if not then its best to avoid and let him get the help needed

I didn't know this. Very sad - hope he's alright. Must be hard to have such a publicly-judged job during a life challenge like that...

I know therell be the usual cries of 'well think how much he earns', but I'm not sure I'd have thick enough skin to deal with so much.

FWIW, following Whitestone's post above, I would happily have Jesse here. He wouldn't be the first name on my list for RW (that would be Buendia right now) but he would be a big upgrade on what we have, and he's a decent engine.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LC on December 06, 2020, 02:18:32 AM
What would you think if we secured his signature come January?

He scored some very important goals for United and a few cup winners if memory serves me correctly.

I think he would be a good addition and I suppose a bit of a RLC type signing. I think he could do a good job on the right hand side for us which we desperately need filling.

No.   His best position isn't as a winger.    He's a better version of Bobby Reid with less scoring ability.    Work rate is incredible...and I've seen him dribble through 4 players and score a goal (Community Shield)...but he's hot and cold.

Doubt United would loan him to Fulham.   

Fulham need a true winger.   Size, pace, work rate, score the occasional goal and assist our FBs defensively.

Edit: What Sammyffc said is true.  Personally, Jesse has been dealing with a lot.   Like him...but not for our side.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Lingard would be a great addition to the squad. Cracking player on his day. I didn't know that about his mum, but makes sense why he went off the boil a bit. Would send anyone to dispair.
The Brazilian player Adriano went into a spiral of Alcoholism and Depression when his dad died suddenly, and lost the love of playing. Jesse is lucky that it wasn't that bad, but he is still a young lad. All the best to him.

fulhamfever

He is a reality star, more interested in how he looks on Social Media than a football field. Leave him at United.

HELL NO stay away from Fulham

karldutton

And how about Dele Alli? He's only played 66 minuted since the start of the season. And doesn't seem like Mourinho ain't keen on playing him anyways. Also playing for a London club always helps.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: karldutton on December 07, 2020, 12:02:48 PM
And how about Dele Alli? He's only played 66 minuted since the start of the season. And doesn't seem like Mourinho ain't keen on playing him anyways. Also playing for a London club always helps.

Dele Alli is over rather big style IMO. I think Jesse Lingard is a much better all round player.

Bocanegra

RLC & Lingard. May as well bring in Wilshere and we have the holy trinity.

Bassey the warrior

I think he'd do well here but it's not a priority position. We need a right winger/forward. I'd go back in for Josh King. Maybe look abroad to get better value for money.