more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any news on Tete?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 06, 2020, 10:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

WestSussexWhite

After the way Parker spoke before City, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the squad for Liverpool

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 06, 2020, 10:28:17 AM
After the way Parker spoke before City, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the squad for Liverpool

Sorry missed that - what did he say?

rebel

I think he's back training, Man City was too early for him.

WestSussexWhite

Parker said he was back in full training with the squad, but that City would be too soon to him, so time will tell but I'd imagine he will be on the bench v liverpool

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 06, 2020, 11:21:55 AM
Parker said he was back in full training with the squad, but that City would be too soon to him, so time will tell but I'd imagine he will be on the bench v liverpool

Good, I think we need him in the starting eleven for the more winnable games after Liverpool.

hopper

Yeah imagine he will be in squad next week. Still no news on Kongolo, who is becoming more and more Christanval pt II - got to wonder if he will feature much in a Fulham shirt.

fulhamben

Quote from: hopper on December 06, 2020, 12:45:21 PM
Yeah imagine he will be in squad next week. Still no news on Kongolo, who is becoming more and more Christanval pt II - got to wonder if he will feature much in a Fulham shirt.
do you know what, I wouldn't be disappointed if he doesn't play once this season, as that would mean young tosin and Anderson are still bossing it and injury free.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JimOG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 06, 2020, 01:08:04 PM
do you know what, I wouldn't be disappointed if he doesn't play once this season, as that would mean young tosin and Anderson are still bossing it and injury free.

Or that he slots into left back and Robinson comes over...preferable to Aina?

fulhamben

Quote from: JimOG on December 06, 2020, 02:21:14 PM

surely tete for aina is the best outcome.

fcfulham55

Quote from: fulhamben on December 06, 2020, 02:55:50 PM
Quote from: JimOG on December 06, 2020, 02:21:14 PM

surely tete for aina is the best outcome.

Yep Tete for aina, and we've got 2 really athletic players down the wings.   Robinson probably more athletic, but Tete has so much quality in the glimpses of him early on.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

JoelH5

He's not a CB. Why would he replace one of those two?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 06, 2020, 08:15:35 PM

Kongolo is a CB?

fulhamben

he was terrible at left back for Huddersfield. Even Parker wouldnot be so stupid as to play him there

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on December 06, 2020, 09:20:27 PM

he was terrible at left back for Huddersfield. Even Parker wouldnot be so stupid as to play him there

Kongolo has played at CB in about 60% of games, but he has played 92 games at left back, and Robinson has only played 116 games there. As for Tete, he is not good enough to be better than Aina until he trains for a few weeks.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 06, 2020, 10:17:02 PM

Kongolo has played at CB in about 60% of games, but he has played 92 games at left back, and Robinson has only played 116 games there. As for Tete, he is not good enough to be better than Aina until he trains for a few weeks.
bocengra used to play at left back some times and was equally as bad as kongolo is at it. Ask any huddlesfield fan if you don't believe me, and as for tete, don't think you will find many fans on here who think aina is better than him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on December 06, 2020, 11:32:54 PM

bocengra used to play at left back some times and was equally as bad as kongolo is at it. Ask any huddlesfield fan if you don't believe me, and as for tete, don't think you will find many fans on here who think aina is better than him.

A fit Aina is better than an unfit Tete, I am sure Parker agrees with and fans dont. No doubt if both are fully fit in peak condition Tete is probably better, but not sure either Aina or Tete are in peak condition, but Aina is currently fitter. Kongolo was unfit when he played left back for Huddersfield and played poorly, let's see if Kongolo can get fit what he can do. Seri and Onamah also had fitness issues. Fans judge what they see and that can change. If Tete plays now, then fans will be disappointed.

karldutton

He might possibly get a start against Brighton Albion. If him and Mitro get to start on that game could be interesting. Also will add a different game to Fulham. Aina has been doing alright but there's no doubt that we need Tete to start, he showed good quality crossing and runs. I'll be very excited to see him play once he's back.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 06, 2020, 11:39:15 PM

A fit Aina is better than an unfit Tete, I am sure Parker agrees with and fans dont. No doubt if both are fully fit in peak condition Tete is probably better, but not sure either Aina or Tete are in peak condition, but Aina is currently fitter. Kongolo was unfit when he played left back for Huddersfield and played poorly, let's see if Kongolo can get fit what he can do. Seri and Onamah also had fitness issues. Fans judge what they see and that can change. If Tete plays now, then fans will be disappointed.
moving the goal posts a bit there aren't you. A fit aina is better than an unfit tete, well of course he is. But tete is better than aina. And there is no way kongolo was bought back here as a left back, he wasn't last season and wasn't this season. He will not get ahead of Robinson or Bryan for that position, he just won't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on December 06, 2020, 11:48:34 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 06, 2020, 11:39:15 PM

moving the goal posts a bit there aren't you. A fit aina is better than an unfit tete, well of course he is. But tete is better than aina. And there is no way kongolo was bought back here as a left back, he wasn't last season and wasn't this season. He will not get ahead of Robinson or Bryan for that position, he just won't.

I never moved the goalposts, I said "Aina is better than Tete until the later trains for a few weeks", which is pretty the same statement as "a fit Aina is better than an unfit Tete", maybe the second statement was clearer about what I was saying.

As for Kongolo, he was bought in to be both our 3rd centre back (ahead of MLM) and our 3rd left back (ahead of MLM), typically the 3rd centre back get a lot of game time and the 3rd left back doesn't get much game time (Ream, MLM or Odoi are all good enough but they will be moving on soon as their contracts won't be renewed much more).