watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We wuz robbed.

Started by Southcoastffc, December 13, 2020, 06:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

How did the ref not award us that first half penalty.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

It is never a level playing field against Liverpool.
Score line should have been 2 0 to Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

We were, but what a performance from everyone out there. Top top performance and deserved all 3. How refreshing is it to take points from Liverpool and come away disappointed compared to where we were at the start of the season. So proud.

Craven Mad

I would've taken a point before the game, but do feel slightly sore about it now. We should've had a pen, and I don't think they should've done.

Still, it was in our gift and I think some more clinical finishing in the first half could've left us with the three points...

Still, lots to build on from that result. 4 points from Leicester and Liverpool - I think we would all have taken that a few weeks ago!

mrmicawbers

Happy and annoyed at the same time.Well played everyone including the fans.

FFC1987

Not to undermine what a quality game the lads played today, but this ref was probably the most unprofessional one i've watched all season since probably the championship tripe we got. Stubborn beyond belief, missing almost everything, play advantage and when nothing came from it, playing on to a penalty that was quite frankly, ridiculous. I said to the wife about 5 minutes before that he was itching to make a decision that impacted this game and there it was.

MisfitKid

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 13, 2020, 06:34:31 PM
Happy and annoyed at the same time.Well played everyone including the fans.
:plus one:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

RaySmith

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 13, 2020, 06:35:58 PM
Not to undermine what a quality game the lads played today, but this ref was probably the most unprofessional one i've watched all season since probably the championship tripe we got. Stubborn beyond belief, missing almost everything, play advantage and when nothing came from it, playing on to a penalty that was quite frankly, ridiculous. I said to the wife about 5 minutes before that he was itching to make a decision that impacted this game and there it was.

Hard  not to think the ref wasn't biased.
His performance was disgusting, can't think of any other way to describe it.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on October 30, 2018, 12:09:37 PM
Fulham's overall Premier League record is:

Played - 504
Won - 151
Drawn - 138
Lost - 215
Points Per Game - 1.172

---------

Andre Marriner's record in Premier League Fulham games is:

Played - 21
Won - 4
Drawn - 4
Lost - 13
Points Per Game - 0.762

---------

A gap of -0.41 or -35% points per game average when Andre Marriner is the official. Does this mean that Marriner "has it in" for Fulham? No. Does it mean he is "deliberately" favouring our opposition? No. But I still believe it's a reasonably strong indication that there's at least something not quite right there. Maybe worth comparing to other referees or further refining the figures by only including Fulham's record in the games after they first officiated us.

Paradoxically I think our average points-per-game where he's referee'd is on the up.

Texas White

Robbery...  Mariner is biased against us yet again.

We played great and look like a real team unit..

LittleErn

I do hope that Marriner is disciplined for not giving that penalty. He obviously did not look at it as long as the VAR ref did. I think he had made up his mind too early. Once upon a time, referees were reported on by one of their peers after each match. Does that still happen?

Lighthouse

If Liverpool had our appeal and Fulham hit a hand in a wall. We all know that the decisions would have been reversed. I am now accepting that VAR and our game is dangerously close to being corrupt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bod

We deserved 3 points against the Champions. But on that display I would like to believe we have arrived in the Prem. We need not fear anyone. Quite a change round from a jittery start to the campaign.
Well done all - COYW

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 13, 2020, 06:50:38 PM
If Liverpool had our appeal and Fulham hit a hand in a wall. We all know that the decisions would have been reversed. I am now accepting that VAR and our game is dangerously close to being corrupt.

This. I'm convinced its a power play by the refs to stay relevant.

bill taylors apprentice

Refs, there getting worse!

Texas White

It's a power trip from Mariner. Any chance to screw Fulham.... he is a clown.  Two terrible penalty calls today

Stevieboy

VAR clearly thought it was a pen otherwise they wouldn't have taken it back so far to check for a foul in the lead up.
Mariner couldn't whistle quick enough for their penalty which in itself is dubious not taking any time to consider.

SP

I always remember the European game Pierre Luigi Collina (spelling?) officiated, you wouldn't have known he was even on the pitch.  Head & shoulders above the current lot.

filham

That penalty call of ours was a difficult decision and in fairness to the ref. he deliberated on it for a long time, each of the different camera angles gave a different answer.

ALG01

093.gif
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 13, 2020, 06:26:37 PM
How did the ref not award us that first half penalty.

I think so too