https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara - kiss of death sub

Started by 3 Cherries, December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 07:17:32 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:10:01 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

or as anyone who has ever played the game will say, kamara made a great run but anguissa took far to long to play the pass. if anguissa looks up early and plays the ball then kamara is in. strikers cant just wait for the pass and then make the run, you have to gamble, and zambo didnt respond

Not the 'you-haven't-played-the-game-so-you-can't-know-what-you're-on-about' line.

It's simply untrue that only someone who has 'played the game' can interpret what he sees. (Nevertheless, do tell me your credentials: if they're anything less than having played first XI football for a professional club, surely your remark will seem even more baseless.)

Irrespective of whether Anguissa delayed the pass, Kamara ran into an offside position and just kept on running, oblivious to the fact he was running further and further offside.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 07:55:58 PM
A shame about the impact the substitution had on the match. Cavaleiro drops back and gives away a needless free kick from which Kamara concedes a needless penalty. The moment in added time when Kamara ran 15 yards offside without realising that he was makes me think he hasn't enough nous for this league.

or as anyone who has ever played the game will say, kamara made a great run but anguissa took far to long to play the pass. if anguissa looks up early and plays the ball then kamara is in. strikers cant just wait for the pass and then make the run, you have to gamble, and zambo didnt respond

Not the 'you-haven't-played-the-game-so-you-can't-know-what-you're-on-about' line.

It's simply untrue that only someone who has 'played the game' can interpret what he sees. (Nevertheless, do tell me your credentials: if they're anything less than having played first XI football for a professional club, surely your remark will seem even more baseless.)

Irrespective of whether Anguissa delayed the pass, Kamara ran into an offside position and just kept on running, oblivious to the fact he was running further and further offside.
so he was either playing to the whistle, or time wasting, by not allowing liverpool to take an early kick. it was a great run, with a poorly timed pass. i get why zambo probably took so long, we havent played with a striker for so long that he wont be used to them making good runs.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bill2

He was what he does best. He was a nuisance putting pressure on the Liverpool defence. Caused them problems and we needed his legs as a number of the players were certainly struggling  but they had put in a fantastic shift.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:04:16 PM

so he was either playing to the whistle, or time wasting, by not allowing liverpool to take an early kick. it was a great run, with a poorly timed pass. i get why zambo probably took so long, we havent played with a striker for so long that he wont be used to them making good runs.

Arthur you're wasting your time arguing, Ben is the Chairman of the Kamara fan club!

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 13, 2020, 08:14:37 PM

Arthur you're wasting your time arguing, Ben is the Chairman of the Kamara fan club!
not at all, if criticism is fair, then kamara deserves all that he is owed. i just dont see how you can criticise a pacey striker for making a great run that the midfielder didnt pick out. just seems rather silly to me 

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 08:17:10 PM

not at all, if criticism is fair, then kamara deserves all that he is owed. i just dont see how you can criticise a pacey striker for making a great run that the midfielder didnt pick out. just seems rather silly to me 

Clever strikers bend their runs. Good strikers score goals. Kamara is neither a clever striker nor a good striker.

Hopefully we bring in someone half decent in January.

Steven Ageroad

He went to soon, he didn't look across the line to see if he was in line with the defenders, he was way, way off side.

Matt10

I haven't visited in a while. Annoying reading threads like these that are so cliche and obvious at their easy targets. Anyone who played v Liverpool today deserves MOTM. It was a team effort, and we should be very proud.

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 13, 2020, 08:25:05 PM

He went to soon, he didn't look across the line to see if he was in line with the defenders, he was way, way off side.
he went to soon? he made a run hoping the midfielder would pick him out.

Baszab

Total nonsense to blame AK
I was at the game and he did loads of running across and covering after RLC was knackered
Criticism of the fact that he went early is nonsense

Arthur

so he was either playing to the whistle, or time wasting, by not allowing liverpool to take an early kick.

Kamara can only be said to be 'playing to the whistle' if Anguissa has already passed the ball. Up to that moment, a player with more awareness checks his initial run to try to stay onside for whenever the pass eventually comes. (Fancy someone who's supposedly 'played the game' not knowing this.)

As for Kamara not allowing Liverpool to take a quick free-kick: you're clutching at straws with this. Are you even sure a free kick was awarded? Anguissa's ball went through to Becker. Didn't play simply continue? Whatever happened, Kamara's run had no impact on what Liverpool did next.

bobbo

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 07:29:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 13, 2020, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 06:49:10 PM
Didn't he get a red last time we brought him on?
no

Just checked. Last game he came on was 19 mins against Man City (for which Whoscored gave him a rating of 5.95) it was his appearance before that where he got a red against palace.

Like it or not, he wasn't good enough for a second rate Turkish team and he's not good enough for us. Liability
so true
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on December 13, 2020, 08:35:15 PM

so he was either playing to the whistle, or time wasting, by not allowing liverpool to take an early kick.

Kamara can only be said to be 'playing to the whistle' if Anguissa has already passed the ball. Up to that moment, a player with more awareness checks his initial run to try to stay onside for whenever the pass eventually comes. (Fancy someone who's supposedly 'played the game' not knowing this.)

As for Kamara not allowing Liverpool to take a quick free-kick: you're clutching at straws with this. Are you even sure a free kick was awarded? Anguissa's ball went through to Becker. Didn't play simply continue? Whatever happened, Kamara's run had no impact on what Liverpool did next.
yes it did. the ref could have easily played on if kamara checks his run and allisson comes out to get it.  and you say im clutching at straws, yet you are lambasting the third quickest player in the league, for travelling a whole 15 yards past the back line because zambo didnt pick the pass quick enough. how crap was cav for kicking the ball at allsion twice when clean through. tosin? he missed two sitter. did rlc even manage a shot? not great for our central man.

Hoppus

Quote from: 3 Cherries on December 13, 2020, 06:32:38 PM
Kamara came on gave away the penalty - did little else (Mitro did the same...)

He was awful.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 08:23:30 PM

Clever strikers bend their runs. Good strikers score goals. Kamara is neither a clever striker nor a good striker.

Hopefully we bring in someone half decent in January.
clever strikers do bend their run and will run into an offside position at least a dozen times again, its just usually the camera doesnt follow the run if the pass isnt played

Craven Mad

Ben, I'm sensing that I (nor any of the other posters) will be able to convince you that Abou isn't the superstar you think he is.

However, I commend you on your unwavering support of one of our players - I may not agree with your analysis, but I do respect your appreciation of one of our less-loved stars.

junior white

Agree, Zambo had to play it earlier, wa sone of his only mistakes in the game, if that pass comes then there is a chance bug it is what it is, a good point all in all

Mullers OG

We are all entitled to have an opinion. In my opinion he is fundamentally useless and should be off loaded ASAP for anything the club can get for him.

junior white

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 08:48:55 PM
Ben, I'm sensing that I (nor any of the other posters) will be able to convince you that Abou isn't the superstar you think he is.

However, I commend you on your unwavering support of one of our players - I may not agree with your analysis, but I do respect your appreciation of one of our less-loved stars.
I personally do not think he is a superstar, but the run was a good one, the pass came too late.

The penalty well they happen, the rules are what they are these days. His mistake was jumping and turning his back, let it hit you in the face, the play stops then if your hurt.

As i say it is what it is, but we got an unexpected point, in fact maybe even 4 unexpected points from the last 3 games

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 13, 2020, 08:48:55 PM

not un waivering support, just cant believe he is being digged out for making a run zambo didnt spot.