more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton

Started by General, December 13, 2020, 07:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

In third and one of our upcoming games alongside Brighton, Newcastle and Spurs

I had Southampton down as not being that good, but being solid... what do people think?

I've noticed that they've actually had a very easy run of fixtures to date, which could mean their position in the league so far is misleading?

Results https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/scores-fixtures/2020-09

Burnley - W
Spurs - L
Crystal Palace - L
Everton - W
Chelsea - D
West Brom - W
Man Utd - L
Wolves - D
Newcastle - W
Villa - W
Brighton - W
Sheffield Utd - W

None of those results are too suprising, perhaps only the Man Utd loss, as Man Utd have been pretty poor this season and the everton win. Villa have been going through a rough patch in november too, losing 3 out of four games, with their only win coming against a particularly lowly Arsenal.

How are people feeling about our chances against them?

FFC1987

We have a chance sure, but they're a very good side. Can score all sorts of goals with the strength of Adams, the skill and finesse of Ings and big CB's from very good Ward Prowse set pieces. They also had an abundance of pace with hard pressing full backs in Walker Peters and Bertrand. I'd nervous about them but, we can definitely give them a game.

sunburywhite

I backed them to be relegated so what do i know?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

andyk

I think after today's performance, we don't fear anyone. Every single game is winnable. 

Whitesideup

Very impressed with the way they are playing. A good side. Winning 4 games in a row is very difficult in this league no matter which teams you are playing, and this means they are playing with confidence and with a bit of style.  It will be interesting to see what happens if a couple of results go against them, but the manager has done well. But we are showing that we are a good side too. I wouldn't write us off by any means.

FFC In Oz

They're a good quality and extremely well drilled side.

It won't be an easy game but definitely one that's winnable if we play like we did against Leicester and Liverpool

Statto

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 13, 2020, 07:46:02 PM
I backed them to be relegated so what do i know?

Same here... but it's still mathematically possible!

064.gif :doh:

AJW48361

Che Adams Slav was a big fan I couldn't believe we never signed after making a few bids.

The Rock

4 points from Leicester, Man City, and L'pool (which maybe should have been 6) tells me we can beat anyone in this division, except for Man City, which just player for player seem better than us, and Everton away, because the world is round.

rebel

They've been consistent regards results, they have something about them, some really good players.

FFC In Oz

We can't give away cheap free kicks near the edge of our area.

Ward-Prowse only needs half a chance from a set piece and it's in top corner

TC's Sporran

didnt they start quite poorly?

they are firing now for sure

top of the table as it stands

fulhamben

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 16, 2020, 06:44:54 PM
didnt they start quite poorly?

they are firing now for sure

top of the table as it stands
3 wins and a draw from their first 6, so not a bad start. they got absolutely smashed by spurs in their second game though that probably gives the perception of a poor start
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.