watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton game

Started by JoelH5, December 13, 2020, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

With Burnely winning tonight, and their favourable next few games, the Brighton game is a must win.

The fans going need to be as loud as possible
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sgt Fulham

I still don't think it's a must win. If this team focuses on playing its game like they did today then we will have enough to stay up regardless. An important game nonetheless.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Just checked and the Brighton game will be live on Amazon Prime (as will the Spurs game on the 30th December)

ChesterTheTabby

Absolute must win. They took a hammering against Leicester - they're there for the taking. Play like we did today and I see a nice 2-0 win.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 13, 2020, 09:13:53 PM
I still don't think it's a must win. If this team focuses on playing its game like they did today then we will have enough to stay up regardless. An important game nonetheless.

It's absolutely a must win.

We take 3 points and we suck Brighton right back in to the relegation battle.

It's even more important after Burnley beat Arsenal

RaySmith

Not a 'must win.'

A  must win would be  where you had to win or be relegated, and if we don't beat Brighton, it doesn't mean we will  definitely be relegated - loads of games to go, and Fulham are obviously improving as a team, but we won't win them all.

Calling a game a  must win just puts unnecessary pressure on the players.

This  should be a tough contest, and I'm sure Scott will warn the team  against   basking in a warm glow after the  brilliant Liverpool performance.

We will need to be on a our full mettle for this game, and Brighton  present a different challenge for us to overcome, and they will be well aware of the importance of this game to  their  ownseason, and not want to leave the Cottage with nothing.

Whitestone

In this league there are games which will be targeted as must win given the difficulty of playing the so called top six etc. Of course no one should expect the manager to come out and say so but he knows the 'must win games'. The Brighton game is such a game not least because of their proximity to us in league position.  If we win these clusters of winnable games we stay up. Of course in reality that's not how it works out because random points will also be picked up as we have just witnessed. Under Roy there were games that were targeted as must win and invariably we did just that. It's really important that we beat those teams around us.

Southdowns White

Brighton forum is in meltdown after their loss last night but some are still confident of them getting a result on Wednesday. COYW

andyk

They are a good side and should have been 2 up , before Leicester scored.

I think we will beat them, but it won't be a stroll.

Southcoastffc

One third of the season gone and we are 18th.  Excellent performance yesterday but I hope the coaches and players look at the table and realise the uncomfortable place we're in. Lose to Brighton and the doodoo gets deeper.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

This is a must win for me. I think being bottom 3 with only one club in distance going into NY is a daunting prospect compared to being in and around it with a few teams. Things have been so encouraging recently, if we can put Brighton to bed, i'll personally be way more confident in our survival. Burnley were again poor yesterday but will definitely be around this fight and will pick up points.

Holders

Watch out for tier 3 coming to London (or parts of it). This might be the second and last game with fans for a while. Good luck to those who have tickets.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RoyTund

I think despite the obvious comments that no game is technically a must win unless it's the game you have to win to stay up no one can surely underestimate the importance of Wednesday. Brighton know it looking at their forum. If we are going to stay up we needs wins and must not lose against a relegation rival.

RoyTund

Quote from: andyk on December 14, 2020, 09:38:04 AM
They are a good side and should have been 2 up , before Leicester scored.

I think we will beat them, but it won't be a stroll.

They are a 'nice' side. Just the kind of side that is not going to be great in a dog fight. The quicker we can drag them down the better.

Holders

Quote from: Holders on December 14, 2020, 10:27:50 AM
Watch out for tier 3 coming to London (or parts of it). This might be the second and last game with fans for a while. Good luck to those who have tickets.

Now announced for 00.01 Thursday morning.

Slaphead in Qatar

Actually 00.01 on Wednesday - so I think Brighton game will not inc spectators ??????

Holders

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 14, 2020, 03:24:16 PM
Actually 00.01 on Wednesday - so I think Brighton game will not inc spectators ??????

You're right, sorry, I just heard mid-night Wednesday. That b*ggers it then.

Gezza

Quote from: FFC In Oz on December 14, 2020, 02:32:42 AM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 13, 2020, 09:13:53 PM

It's absolutely a must win.

Can we stop saying its an absolute must win because
1. My nerves can't take it !
2. There will be lots of swings and roundabouts and ups and downs before the end of the season.

We take 3 points and we suck Brighton right back in to the relegation battle.

It's even more important after Burnley beat Arsenal

Jim©

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 14, 2020, 02:24:54 AM
Absolute must win. They took a hammering against Leicester - they're there for the taking. Play like we did today and I see a nice 2-0 win.

Whilst it'd be a good game to win, it's not "must win".

People are getting carried away that we'll walk all over Brighton but in their last six they've played Liverpool (and drawn), Villa (and won), Spurs (lost by 1 goal).
They have also allowed the second least shots this season (after man city) and almost half the shots on target that we've allowed.
It'll be no pushover (unfortunately).

jarv

sods law....Fulham robbed of a win by crap referee. Meanwhile, Tierney smacks the ball against Burnley player's arm in the box, attempting a cross....result NO penalty by another crap referee.

2 total inconsistencies affecting 2 teams at the bottom end.... :Get Coat gif: