30 (71.4%)
Draw
10 (23.8%)
Brighton
2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 42

rebel

Sgt Fulham

Brighton are an experienced Premier League team with talented players. If we play like we did against Liverpool then we almost certainly win, but to expect performances like that every week with such a new team may be unrealistic. Also there will be no crowd backing. I hope I'm wrong but I see a 2-2 with a bit of a bump back down to earth. If this happens it is not the end of our season. Imo it is more of a must not lose than a must win.

Whitesideup

Brighton are hurt after the last game. They have three important players coming back from injury. They aren't a bad side and can play decent football. They will understand the significance of the fixture. The difference between winning and losing is huge for them as well as us. Clearly they are not as good as Liverpool, but as we know it doesn't necessarily follow that you will therefore find it easier against supposedly weaker opposition. Didn't Barnsley do the double against us last year? Right now I would happily settle for 1-0 win, but would prefer not to have to watch last 10 minutes from behind the sofa.

SuffolkWhite

I think this game could go any way, if we are consistent with our performance like Leicester and pool then just maybe we can get the win.  But we have to press and keep the tempo up.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Slaphead in Qatar

In the calendar year of 2020 they have won only 5 league games. However 4 of these have been away fixtures.

If we want to survive we need to win these types of games.

RaySmith

They could sit back, for a point - try to hit us on the break, and be hard to break down.

Interesting to see Scott's choice of players and formation/tactics, and how  he might make changes as the game goes on.

St Eve

It's one of several "must wins" and I am going for a 2-0 win

Jules

I really hope we do win, but I think they will sit back and be hard to break down. They are dangerous from set pieces  as well with the likes of Dunk. I think we will draw this one

Fernhurst

Bookies prediction a solid 0-2 for Brighton.
I'll go 2-0 the other way.

COME ON YOU SUPER WHITES  049:gif  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southdowns White

If we come out focused and confident I think we will win, the game may have it's usual bumps but if we can hold our heads and keep 11 on the pitch against a team that usually battles until the end I think 3 points and another confidence boost will come our way. COYW

blingo

Craven Mad

This is an important game, and the 'easiest' of our recent fixtures.

Brighton aren't a bad side, so we'll need to work hard, but I think we can edge this one.

COYW!

fcfulham55

Obviously I want us to win and ultimately stay up. But I'll be happy if we continue to put in performances like the last 3 games, much more entertaining stuff even against Man City where I found watching us interesting. Although they deservedly beat us, they struggled to figure how to get through.

I'm happy because within the space of a month we've transformed into a team that will fight or go down fighting. Teams are actually going to need to put in a real shift to get 3 points out of us, I feel it'll remain that way for the most part.  Thank god I'm not the owner, as Scott wouldn't be in charge still. I think if we invest in a Calum Wilson type striker in January, we stay up and well clear.

Close game, on their day they have looked good. With fans we could've had an extra little boost, going for a draw. 2-2
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Also, how do we play. Against a so called "lesser" team.  Tactics used against Leicester Man City and Liverpool? 
Sent from my Nokia 3310

FFC1987

Naturally, I'm a pessimist and I still can't shake the feeling we'll be bottom 3 in January, so don't shoot me down but I see a shakey draw here. Heart says 3.1, head was nervy 1.1 going an early goal behind. If we win this, and comfortably, I think i'll start to believe more.

Woolly Mammoth

It could be any one of three results.
We must not get carried away as Brighton are dangerous and nothing is straightforward in football. We start 0 0 again tomorrow and we have to earn a victory.
If anyone thinks we will automatically win are in for a bit of a shock. It should be a tough hard fought match with no prisoners taken, and will be no easier than any other match this season.
One thing is for sure it will be no picnic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Based on recent performances, I think we'll nick it. Besides L'pool and Leicester, we also missed the 2 penalties against West Ham and Everton which would have both been draws when we had zero confidence. If we play as we can and have been, then we will win. I think it will depend on how we play - and how we are set up. We haven't faced a lower half of the table team in a while.

Slaphead in Qatar

Need to make sure we don't concede early. If anything - wouldn't it be nice if we went 1-0 up in the first 10 minutes for a change.

SG

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 15, 2020, 12:05:59 PM
Brighton are hurt after the last game. They have three important players coming back from injury. They aren't a bad side and can play decent football. They will understand the significance of the fixture. The difference between winning and losing is huge for them as well as us. Clearly they are not as good as Liverpool, but as we know it doesn't necessarily follow that you will therefore find it easier against supposedly weaker opposition. Didn't Barnsley do the double against us last year? Right now I would happily settle for 1-0 win, but would prefer not to have to watch last 10 minutes from behind the sofa.

I find I am spending the last 80 mins watching from behind the sofa !!

Dodgin

Will be interesting  with the talented Brighton right back Lamptey facing Lookman and Robinson