watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the plus side - Mitro looked sharp

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 16, 2020, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthIslandWhite

Mito is the perfect in-between player: too good for the Championship but not quite good enough to dominate in the Prem. Which means to me that he is the type of player whereby if he picks up a mild injury or knock then boom! He looks underwhealming all of a sudden.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

RaySmith

The warming up with stretch bans suggests muscle strains or niggles, and in his position,  he can't really hide, he has to  try to win the ball when it's played into the middle, win it in the air, and  jockey with defenders.

I thought we benefited from his presence when he came on, and he had  half chances to score, but he  didn't have long.
I also thought he might have lost a bit of weight, and seemed maybe more mobile.

Tempest

How difficult is it for managers these days, look how opinions split with TC and Mitro.

I'm a big believer in playing players against former teams, if fully fit, Mitro should start against Newcastle, always that little extra spark and energy to beat a former team.

TC, not for me, when WHU offered whatever they offered for him should have moved him on, but naturally, if he gets any minutes I'm pleased for him and hope he does well.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Colton F.C.

Mitro looked great. He gave the attack a degree of organisation that had been missing all night.  But those warm ups...........maybe not a starter for Saturday.

Stevieboy

Can't see what RLC offers over TC.
Scotty says he's getting valuable game minutes, but that's no good if he's ineffectual.
We are basically warming him up for when he returns to 'ski !!

rebel

Mitro for me, misses to many chances. Those chances would be put away by top drawer strikers. He should also with his ability be creating for others to score. I remember the 'purple patch' with Sess and Mitro, they created for each other, Mitro seldom missed the same sort of opportunities that he is missing these days. 

3 Cherries

Quote from: rebel on December 18, 2020, 11:56:32 AM
Mitro for me, misses to many chances. Those chances would be put away by top drawer strikers. He should also with his ability be creating for others to score. I remember the 'purple patch' with Sess and Mitro, they created for each other, Mitro seldom missed the same sort of opportunities that he is missing these days.

Agree - he is finished - kaput - lets keep the fond memories

ex-Pat

Quote from: Tempest on December 18, 2020, 08:12:45 AM
How difficult is it for managers these days, look how opinions split with TC and Mitro.

I'm a big believer in playing players against former teams, if fully fit, Mitro should start against Newcastle, always that little extra spark and energy to beat a former team.

TC, not for me, when WHU offered whatever they offered for him should have moved him on, but naturally, if he gets any minutes I'm pleased for him and hope he does well.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

And Newcastle will be saying that's why we unloaded him..

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Enfield on December 17, 2020, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: snarks on December 17, 2020, 07:03:03 AM
From his extended warm up, I don't think he's fully fit, a couple of lovely touches to send lookman through and a header that deflected of their defender.  It was nice to see him out there but he's not up to form yet

Yes, interestingly it was very unusual to see someone warming up using stretch bands on his lower legs and then on his thighs. IMO this would suggest a groin strain, and would explain his recent reduced mobility, form and absence. These can take some time to heal.

When you consider he had the hamstring injury in August it seems likely that a groin strain would follow if it never was fully fit. Add the truncated off season, his ridiculous international schedule the past 4 months and how many minutes he logged last season it does add up. If he has been less than fit, it seems wise to have him spend time getting his health and fitness up to speed instead of trying to drag an injured, ineffective striker out every match against the best league in the world.

Twig

Quote from: ex-Pat on December 18, 2020, 01:51:33 AM
Your dreaming, he's to slow and cumbersome only Championship teams will come for him in the next transfer  window, this includes Cairney he cannot change direction very limited not aggressive,  we need a Grielish kind off player totally committed.

Saw what you did there. On a thread about Mitro you managed to lever in another Cairney bash.  I suggest you give it a rest.

And you could try spell check, it would help you a lot.