https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2021, 05:47:18 PM
Obviously no rumours then.
This getting our signings done early,now looks like a rather silly statement....But we live in
hope of a striker coming in🤔

I think Scotty mean't early before this coming weekend Mince
First get Stef Jo out on loan to QPR then Seri tomorrow or Thursday leaving the necessary space for 2 new signings before close of play Friday

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)

filham

This getting our signings done early,now looks like a rather silly statement....But we live in
Watch the Parker interview, unless he is bluffing we are not bringing any one in. So lets hope Mitro or Kamara can come good and shut this tread down.

filham

Watch the Parker pre match interview. No one is coming in so we may as well shut this thread down and hope that Mitro or Kamara undergo a personality change.
Unless Parker is bluffing of course.

sarnian

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 26, 2021, 06:52:17 PM

I think Scotty mean't early before this coming weekend Mince
First get Stef Jo out on loan to QPR then Seri tomorrow or Thursday leaving the necessary space for 2 new signings before close of play Friday

Neither were in the 25 man squad so they won't be missed or needed to be replaced.

Statto

Think it was more a request (to TK) than a statement.

Evidently TK declined it... as per usual

FFC1987

It would be pretty criminal for a club to send players out but not bring in a position we are in desperate need of. I'm holding on to faith that common sense will prevail.

Nero

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 26, 2021, 08:13:14 PM
It would be pretty criminal for a club to send players out but not bring in a position we are in desperate need of. I'm holding on to faith that common sense will prevail.

So you would suggest keeping players who aren't in the squad and paying their wages just because we can't bring in a striker, Interesting thought

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 26, 2021, 08:13:14 PM

I don't understand. Who are we sending out that we would reasonably expect to otherwise have any kind of impact to our current PL campaign?

FFC1987

I'm not suggesting the players who are going would have offered anything, just that we're doing business in the window just not where we need. I'm all for fringe/non playing players getting game time elsewhere, I just don't like seeing players leaving with no players coming in. Players leaving would normally be to open up finances to bring people in and for younger players, to get experience. The two points aren't as related as I think some think I meant. That might be as I worded it poorly.

HillingdonFFC

Looks like we've had an official bid of 12m knocked back for Nzola

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 26, 2021, 08:44:59 PM
I'm not suggesting the players who are going would have offered anything, just that we're doing business in the window just not where we need. I'm all for fringe/non playing players getting game time elsewhere, I just don't like seeing players leaving with no players coming in. Players leaving would normally be to open up finances to bring people in and for younger players, to get experience. The two points aren't as related as I think some think I meant. That might be as I worded it poorly.

Surely you've learned by now that the way the transfer window works is you can sell players in the middle of the window, but you can't buy them until the very last moment. It's a basic rule we always follow and which I'm told applies equally to every club.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on January 26, 2021, 10:26:44 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 26, 2021, 08:44:59 PM

Surely you've learned by now that the way the transfer window works is you can sell players in the middle of the window, but you can't buy them until the very last moment. It's a basic rule we always follow and which I'm told applies equally to every club.

Ah, knew I forgot something!

mrmicawbers

I am pre preparing to eat my hat if we don't  sign a forward.Salt and pepper obviously any other recommendations?

LC

Would have to go down as a big disappointment if we fail to bring in a forward this window- i think we'll struggle if no one comes in. It's something that should have been addressed in the summer and absolutely addressed this window.

BarryP

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 26, 2021, 10:31:29 PM
I am pre preparing to eat my hat if we don't  sign a forward.Salt and pepper obviously any other recommendations?

Hats can be rather dry so you might add your favorite gravy or other preferred sauce.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rational Fan

A "True Disaster" would be to bring in a striker that is "too expensive to get relegated with" and "yet cannot keep us up". I'm sure Tony Khan has avoided signing many such strikers so far, so many expensive players that won't deliver.

Finding a "cheap striker to keep us up" isn't easy; plus let's be honest such a striker would be talking to Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, and Burnley as well, and as I doubt FFC is his best option; I don't assume we will win the race to sign him.

LC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 27, 2021, 01:20:05 AM
A "True Disaster" would be to bring in a striker that is "too expensive to get relegated with" and "yet cannot keep us up". I'm sure Tony Khan has avoided signing many such strikers so far, so many expensive players that won't deliver.

Finding a "cheap striker to keep us up" isn't easy; plus let's be honest such a striker would be talking to Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, and Burnley as well, and as I doubt FFC is his best option; I don't assume we will win the race to sign him.

Why wouldn't we be the players 'best option' ? Are you saying you would rather play for Burnley or WBA? Brighton are a smaller club than us without a doubt but I could understand a player going to Newcastle over us, but in all fairness we can certainly compete with any of those clubs.

There are plenty of players out there we can go for, and our scouting teams should have already identified at least 5 targets and communications should have started before the window started. So I don't understand the point you made. Furthermore, there were plenty of options to go for in the summer. I still believe we will bring someone in and I'm hoping they're up to it, but I understand this post at all, although I do agree value is important, it shouldn't be the driving factor given what's at stake for the club and its future 

Arthur

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 26, 2021, 10:19:41 PM
Looks like we've had an official bid of 12m knocked back for Nzola

With time running out, this seems to be our best (only?) hope of a signing. We've made a bid. We could go back with another.

It depends, perhaps, on whether the report that Spezia don't want to sell actually means they will sell if we make a high offer. In such circumstances, our opening bid is always going to be declined because the selling club will be trying to extract the maximum they can from us. It might take a couple of incremental bids before Spezia can see we have reached our limit.

On the other hand, of course, Spezia may simply have made it clear they will not be selling their man for any price we might be able to afford.