Started by fulhamben, December 26, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on December 26, 2020, 05:03:07 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on December 26, 2020, 05:01:09 PM
Quote from: Tempest on December 26, 2020, 04:58:04 PM
Good performance. A good point.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

A decent performance.  One point is better than none.
nope. A point a game will see us relegated. We would be better losing 10 nil trying to win than we would be trying not to lose. Due to our shocking start to the season a point a game sees us comfortably relegated

But that's what we did for the first 5 games and you were on here saying sack Parker at the end of every bloody game. We've rightly adopted a more cautious approach, and a more clinical forward that's got the speed of Cav will see us convert more draws into wins 

bod

We were lucky to get a point in the end. VAR saved us.
Mitro should have been introduced much earlier.
Cav's header was poor but that was our best chance of a goal.
We defended well though.

Jamie88

I disagree, we weren't set up for a draw in the slightest. The amount of breaks forward we had was encouraging, but there is just no attacking threat there and that was our downfall. Lookman is/was a threat, but he was doubled up on most of the time and we could've/should've made the most of this as it should've allowed more space for the likes of Cav, but as we all know he just ain't good enough.

If there was ever a match that showed how much we need another striker, it was this

Asotosyios

I don't want Parker to go, but for a second home game in a row we had no intention to take a small risk and go for the win at the end. Just like for like subs and no change of tactics at all.

jayffc

Quote from: Radiowhite on December 26, 2020, 05:02:34 PM
Not Parker's fault, we had chances and are now solid at the back. We just don't have the attacking players, need a clinical striker in jan. Please stop blaming Parker
He deserves a portion of it but also deserves some backing in January. The subs were made far too late today, and were arguably the wrong subs too.

Personally would have had Mitro and Kebano/Kamara,for Cav and RLC with at least 20mins to go. Utterly dull in my opinion to have not pushed for the win in a game we could have definitely won. That said, he deserves credit that were much tougher to beat now and we had enough chances to win the game but for better last passes or finishing. Cav got himself in a good position for his chance but was a woeful header . Swap him for a better Striker and well look a different outfit.

Over to you Tony, he's done enough to give us a chance in the summer, now it's time to seal survival in Jan

EastEndWhite

nope. A point a game will see us relegated. We would be better losing 10 nil trying to win than we would be trying not to lose. Due to our shocking start to the season a point a game sees us comfortably relegated

And one point might just keep up up come the end of the season.

Fulham1959

Of course - and that would do wonders for our goal difference.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 26, 2020, 05:06:14 PM

But that's what we did for the first 5 games and you were on here saying sack Parker at the end of every bloody game. We've rightly adopted a more cautious approach, and a more clinical forward that's got the speed of Cav will see us convert more draws into wins 
parker needs the sack because he is a poor manager. No one can deny that now. He's gone totally defensive and doesn't even try to win games anymore. He's a lost cause, but we have some players. If we get an average manager in, I'm certain we can put up a fight for survival.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

It was good that our defence was so sound, or we would have lost.

But we desperately need   a goalscorer up front.

Saints are a good side,  last 7  away games wins, and we matched them well, but didn't take advantage of our chances.

Normally i would say good point, but we desperately need some wins.
We could definitely have lost this though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 26, 2020, 05:09:15 PM

Of course - and that would do wonders for our goal difference.
very much doubt goal difference will be a factor this season. We are looking at around 24 points. We won't find 3 teams as bad as that.

blingo

Quote from: bod on December 26, 2020, 05:06:56 PM
We were lucky to get a point in the end. VAR saved us.
Mitro should have been introduced much earlier.
Cav's header was poor but that was our best chance of a goal.
We defended well though.

That

Mince n Tatties

5 live pundit,says we looked and played nothing like a bottom three side..
As already stated we just need a striker.

Hatch007

Better off losing 10-0 ... What a cretinous comment, even by your low standards

Somerset Fulham

A good point against a very good side. I was fully expecting us to be beaten today.

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on December 26, 2020, 05:09:15 PM

parker needs the sack because he is a poor manager. No one can deny that now. He's gone totally defensive and doesn't even try to win games anymore. He's a lost cause, but we have some players. If we get an average manager in, I'm certain we can put up a fight for survival.

Ah okay so you'd rather play like WBA and Sheff United and not even compete and just get slapped about with rubbish tactics then? Parker has quite clearly demonstrated a good managerial awareness (this is coming from someone who did want him sacked previously and my posting history says as much),  and transitioned us into a solid team that first and foremost is hard to beat. There's no point us having Messi up front if we're conceding loads of goals per games, you have to be able to keep it tight and hit teams on the break. If Zambo doesn't fluff that air shot or Cav doesn't miss the free header we win 1/2-0 and everyone praises Parker. You can't fault him for shite finishing, he needs a better striker because Mitro is too slow for a counter attacking team as a lone striker.

What you want is Ranieri MK2 which made us into a laughing stock two years ago, we're finally getting somewhere as a collective and binning Parker now doesn't help whatsoever when there are no realistically decent candidates to replace him with that will guarantee us instant success

SG

In your opinion and thankfully it is a minority opinion. You claim a point a game will see us easily relegated but a point a game takes us to 35/36 points and it will be close.
We are no longer conceding so will pick up wins on the way. Hopefully it will be sufficient. The key to being in with a chance at the end of the season is a strong defence. Not great to watch but that's the first priority

Woolly Mammoth

Another clean sheet, to extend our unbeaten run.
Plus it's point won against a team that has so far had a promising season.
Of course we need wins and they will come if Fulham find a solution to there lack of goals scored, and if they would ask me, I would suggest a striker and a right winger, otherwise these wins we desperately need will be too few and too far between. Although it extends our unbeaten run which is positive and encouraging.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Don't know why this is brought up every week.
Scott isn't getting sacked even if we go down which I'm sure we want.

spoonffc

Not one to be too negative about Parker, however definitely no proactive enough tactically today. Felt changes were needed far sooner than they came, a real lack of confidence in end product. Mitro would have been a good outlet today and Toms better end product instead of RLC seem very obvious from where I was sitting, there clearly wasn't a goal in that team so it feels as though management were content to not win? 

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 26, 2020, 05:16:35 PM

Ah okay so you'd rather play like WBA and Sheff United and not even compete and just get slapped about with rubbish tactics then? Parker has quite clearly demonstrated a good managerial awareness (this is coming from someone who did want him sacked previously and my posting history says as much),  and transitioned us into a solid team that first and foremost is hard to beat. There's no point us having Messi up front if we're conceding loads of goals per games, you have to be able to keep it tight and hit teams on the break. If Zambo doesn't fluff that air shot or Cav doesn't miss the free header we win 1/2-0 and everyone praises Parker. You can't fault him for shite finishing, he needs a better striker because Mitro is too slow for a counter attacking team as a lone striker.

What you want is Ranieri MK2 which made us into a laughing stock two years ago, we're finally getting somewhere as a collective and binning Parker now doesn't help whatsoever when there are no realistically decent candidates to replace him with that will guarantee us instant success
wait, you think we are competing? Two wins in fifteen says we are not.