watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Young blood

Started by bog, December 26, 2020, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

What has happened to that Jay Stansfield and the lad from Raith Rovers Kirwin Bowie is it? We could do with some young blood with no fear to be on the bench.

092.gif

bobby01

Not even seen their names in 2/3 sides, may be wrong though as the details are poor.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mullers OG

Does anyone know the answer to Bog's question?  Namely what has happened to Stansfield and Bowie 

We need young pacy strikers on the bench ASAP. At the moment the attacking options on the bench are very limited. Apart from Mitrovic who many people think should be starting more often there is little else. Kebano is a winger. Kamara isn't remotely good enough.

fulhamben

Crossdale went out on loan but was recalled early. Think jay has been injured. But cav and jasper seem to be the pick of bunch this season, they are always in and around the goals, with tiehi playing as the striker chipping in with a few. I haven't seen many just going off the reports
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jamie88

Quote from: Mullers OG on December 28, 2020, 12:03:34 PM
Does anyone know the answer to Bog's question?  Namely what has happened to Stansfield and Bowie 

We need young pacy strikers on the bench ASAP. At the moment the attacking options on the bench are very limited. Apart from Mitrovic who many people think should be starting more often there is little else. Kebano is a winger. Kamara isn't remotely good enough.

Stansfield has been out injured for virtually all of this season, and Bowie has been playing for the U18's. Bowie has made 6 appearances for the U18s so far this season with no goals yet.

filham

No sign of any youngster breaking into the team, sad isn't it especially when a recent thread pointed out that it is the 70th anniversary year of the Haynes debut.

Ronnief

It's a while since I have seen the youngsters play live but I have watched the matches that have been shown live on tv as well as highlights. Of the forward players at the moment I would consider that Sylvester Jasper and Fabio Carvalho are the closest to being part of the first team squad. Jasper is the stronger of the two and could easily play attacking left side. Carvalho is very capable and versatile attacking midfielder although he is a bit lightweight but a fighter. The next on my list would be Jay Stansfield who I believe is a natural goal scorer. Unfortunately he has been injured of late. Jean-Pierre Tiehi is a strong powerful striker who has recently been scoring goals and could develope well. following him is Mika Biereth another striker who also looks promising. Timmy Abraham has just returned from loan at Plymouth where he played only a limited part. Martell Taylor-Crossdale is probably our most experienced under 23 striker who has also returned from loan but has not impressed me. Kieran Bowie is in the under 18 set up and I can pass no comment on his ability as I have not seen him play. Hope this helps some of our readers.

bog

Thanks for the replies. It is just that I keep on reading about our great youth set up but where are they?

092.gif

Stoneleigh Loyalist

In the case of Kieron Bowie it was said that he would require a period of education in the English game but it just shows the difference in standard between Scottish and English football..

Jims Dentist

Could never understand why we signed Crossdale.
I believe it was said at the time that he was signed to play for the 23's squad.
Why not get someone who will do that, but also push the 1st team striker.
It wasn't suggested at the time that he would do that, and he has barely come near, so why is he here.