https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Brom

Started by bobby01, December 27, 2020, 05:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2020, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: sarnian on December 27, 2020, 07:00:24 PM
Liverpool beat themselves by being big headed thinking they only had to turn up.
no, brom played well. Well organised and took their chance. Probably should have scored the one on one too.

Sorry, but Brom didn't play well. Liverpool were just woeful in final third, something the majority of the game was played in. Any other day, Liverpool win that game 4-5 nil.

Wingnut

Quote from: TerryR on December 27, 2020, 07:01:47 PM
After our match it was all about the ridiculous number of games they had to play in a short period of time.

Well, he can't moan about that at the moment. Getting a nice three day rest between this game and their game midweek. Most of the teams around them are only getting two.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 27, 2020, 07:03:25 PM
Liverpool beat themselves by being big headed thinking they only had to turn up.
no, brom played well. Well organised and took their chance. Probably should have scored the one on one too.

Sorry, but Brom didn't play well. Liverpool were just woeful in final third, something the majority of the game was played in. Any other day, Liverpool win that game 4-5 nil.
a lot of Liverpool fans said the same about the draw against us too. Brom defended hard and were worth the point.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2020, 07:07:31 PM

a lot of Liverpool fans said the same about the draw against us too. Brom defended hard and were worth the point.

As I recall, most Liverpool fans thought that we deserved the win quite clearly. Maybe I misremember.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 27, 2020, 07:32:16 PM

As I recall, most Liverpool fans thought that we deserved the win quite clearly. Maybe I misremember.
yes because they didnt turn up. not because we played well. well thats what most of the ones i saw were saying

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2020, 07:35:23 PM

yes because they didnt turn up. not because we played well. well thats what most of the ones i saw were saying

Not the way I remember it. We actually outplayed Liverpool for large spells. We didn't stay pegged in our own half for anywhere near the length of time Brom did. Liverpool fans I know were full of praise for us and only lamented that they had injuries.

Sting of the North

I don't seem to have read the same comments as you then probably. As FFC1987 mentioned I remember a lot of praise.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 27, 2020, 07:46:18 PM

I don't seem to have read the same comments as you then probably. As FFC1987 mentioned I remember a lot of praise.
and they will praise westbrom too for a good defensive display, which it was. thats my point. if liverpool didnt turn up today then they didnt against us either. we went about it different ways but both were worth the point.

Woolly Mammoth

Liverpool did turn up on both occasions, I know that for a fact because I saw them there, they completed both matches, you could say they met their match both times because FULHAMS 11 players and Albions 11 players made sure that Liverpool did not get it their way, that is football not allowing the opponent to play well, and because of that over the 90 minutes Liverpool did not deserve to win and Fulham and Albion did not deserve to lose.
That's what can happen if you can out wit, out run and outperform your opponents in periods during the 90 mins, providing the referee does not interfere with a dreadful decision and Victor Alpha Romeo keeps its Beak out of it.
So let's get it straight so there is no misunderstanding.
It is not just because Liverpool did not happen to turn up and decided not to play well, it is because Fulham and Albion succeeded in nullifying them and preventing them from playing well, that's what teams do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2020, 08:07:03 PM
Liverpool did turn up on both occasions, I know that for a fact because I saw them there, they completed both matches, you could say they met their match both times because FULHAMS 11 players and Albions 11 players made sure that Liverpool did not get it their way, that is football not allowing the opponent to play well, and because of that over the 90 minutes Liverpool did not deserve to win and Fulham and Albion did not deserve to lose.
That's what can happen if you can out wit, out run and outperform your opponents in periods during the 90 mins, providing the referee does not interfere with a dreadful decision and Victor Alpha Romeo keeps its Beak out of it.
It is not just because Liverpool did not happen to turn up and decided not to play well, it is because Fulham and Albion succeeded in nullifying them and preventing them from playing well, that's what teams do.
thats how i see it wooly

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2020, 08:14:12 PM
thats how i see it wooly

I'll grant Brom defended well, but they didn't play well. They were mostly pegged in their own half and just hoped Liverpool wouldn't find holes in what is now, a solid defensive display. Brom didn't string passes together, play from the back or keep the ball often. Hence saying they didn't play well.

ffc73

Bottom line is WBA got the same as us. A point -v- Liverpool.
Brighton got 1 point more than us at WHU.
Burnley lost like we did @ Leeds.
Sheffield Utd lost at home, as we did, against Everton.

As we all know. We don't get points for artistic impression. We need to start getting more points than those around us. Simples.

FFC1987

Quote from: FFC73 on December 27, 2020, 09:16:04 PM
Bottom line is WBA got the same as us. A point -v- Liverpool.
Brighton got 1 point more than us at WHU.
Burnley lost like we did @ Leeds.
Sheffield Utd lost at home, as we did, against Everton.

As we all know. We don't get points for artistic impression. We need to start getting more points than those around us. Simples.

Yep agree.

cottage expat

Absolutely right. Both teams' coaches outsmarted Klopp of the Kop.

ron

A lot of Liverpool attacks fizzled out in short passing in the "d"...a bit like us before the current renaissance of an attacking game.

colinwhite

Ben ,we didnt play well against Liverpool ? Thats an all time time low .

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 27, 2020, 11:46:44 PM
i never said that though did I.

Ben ,we didnt play well against Liverpool ? Thats an all time time low .

Twig

Quote from: Inmyday75 on December 27, 2020, 06:29:48 PM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on December 27, 2020, 06:24:02 PM
Allardyce gets results.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yes he does. Gets unfairly slagged off by many but Mark my words - he will keep West Brom up. I repeat what I've said on another thread....we look a better side now....BUT....we have to start winning in the next couple of weeks or we will soon be cut adrift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But SP gets slagged off on here by a minority for setting us up too defensively. Go figure.

Twig

I think that's the biggest load of nonsense I have read from you to date. Liverpool certainly turned up but we were superb, especially in the first half. Best I've seen us play for quite a long time and way better than a well organised but completely negative WBA.  But admitting we played so well would imply praise for SP and I guess you just can't do that can you.

3 Cherries

As the game progressed I found myself rooting for WBA (underdogs and all that) - well done big Sam

As for us, we will not get out of the bottom three unless we are lucky in the the transfer window